• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I just think Laura is a terrible character in general.

Also the only thing I hate about poison is her heels. Those shoes are really really ugly. (I hate high heels like those)

You know their are bikini tops that don't strap around the neck, right?

She's probably wearing one of those. I personally have no issue with the bikini sticking out from under, maybe it's because I've seen family do it in a non sexual manner?

I don't want to try to force you over to my way of thinking, you're totally entitled to thinking it looks ugly.
11_sf5costume36.jpg

Unless she is wearing something invisible, she isn't wearing a bra. At least there isn't any bra modelled. There is some pics that show more, you can almost reach her nipples and you'll not see any kind of support whatsoever, her boobs are floating. Also, this is a problem with poison. Why are her shorts unbuttoned? Like, this is worse than the thongue bikini sticking out (something that someone would wear only to provoke people, but it is fine). Buttoning that shorts is less work than wearing the shoes she is wearing at the moment.

I can't force you to dislike this alt costume, but it doesn't make sense at all.

Well, at least I'll always have chun li, she will always be there.

Last edited:
Ah yes, Chun li fighting crime in a traditonal Chinese dress with leggings, spike bracelets and.....wrestling shoes?

At least everything is made in a way that looks good.

At least everything is made in a way that looks good.
Subjectively, sure.

I actually can't stand the spike bracelets nor the wrestling shoes.

Why doesn't she just dress like Pai?

Why doesn't she just dress like Pai?
Well, when chun was made, she didn't have the legs that we know today, the tights and wrestling shoes are probably to demonstrate how strong that aspect of her is. It also makes her feel more unique than "generic chinese woman". The bracelets are probably just a result of the era that she was designed.

Now, Pai, like most Virtua Fighter characters i know are supposed to be more accurate representations of their martial arts and culture.

Let's face it, at least no one in Street Fighter has yet to have a default outfit that beats any Square-Enix character's wardrobe in sheer WTFness

Well, when chun was made, she didn't have the legs that we know today, the tights and wrestling shoes are probably to demonstrate how strong that aspect of her is. It also makes her feel more unique than "generic chinese woman". The bracelets are probably just a result of the era that she was designed.

Now, Pai, like most Virtua Fighter characters i know are supposed to be more accurate representations of their martial arts and culture.
No, I mean, why doesn't she fight crime in pants?
Why would you fight with a fluttery outfit on?
Why wear hair bun covers, that cannot be helpful in a fight.
Why do tai chi motions with spike bracelets?

Her Alpha costume made sense and they were like "nah, keep that to alpha".

I blame Ikeno
he's a muscle fiend and must be stopped

No, I mean, why doesn't she fight crime in pants?
Why would you fight with a fluttery outfit on?
Why wear hair bun covers, that cannot be helpful in a fight.
Why do tai chi motions with spike bracelets?

Her Alpha costume made sense and they were like "nah, keep that to alpha".
Well, this is more capcom afraid of changing designs more than anything. Which is a problem that they have.

Well, this is more capcom afraid of changing designs more than anything. Which is a problem that they have.
Karin, Ken, Alpha Chun Li, Cody, Charlie, Mika, Vega and Birdie all received changes.

Karin, Ken, Alpha Chun Li, Cody, Charlie, Mika, Vega and Birdie all received changes.
in SFV most of those, where chun li got her cop outfit as her "story outfit". It is valid to remember that ryu and chun were the first revealed characters, so they were probably playing safe. And Alpha is a prequel, most changes were probably to show that the characters were younger.

I think it's a dumb cheesecake outfit and everyone acting like this optional costume is ruining the character is trying too hard to find something to be offended about.

It sounds dumb, but yeah, like i said to me it is something that ruins the entire character. For reasons that i've went over and over. And no, i'm not looking for stuff to complain, since it is basically my only complaint about the game.

And why is Chun li even in a cop outfit? Interpol does not wear that
Yeah
her character was ruined when they showed the default costume
:y
I need that hip hop air horn.

It sounds dumb, but yeah, like i said to me it is something that ruins the entire character. For reasons that i've went over and over. And no, i'm not looking for stuff to complain, since it is basically my only complaint about the game.
wait the optional costume ruins the character for you?

I thought you just thought the outfit was impractical and dumb.

I mean, more power to you.

Goddamn, this game needs to come out already so we can start talking about gameplay...
It is going to be a loooooong weekend, at least it will be enough time to decide on a CFN name.

Reactions: Spencer
wait the optional costume ruins the character for you?

I thought you just thought the outfit was impractical and dumb.

I mean, more power to you.
I think i said before, but it kinda represents a part of brazilian culture that i personally hate. And this is not just an "alt outfit" like blanka's carnival clothing in SFIV. It is a story costume, she canonicaly wears this when she is not fighting. It ruins the entire character for me.

Does everything look like One Piece to you?

This is the first time I've said anything like that :/

I think i said before, but it kinda represents a part of brazilian culture that i personally hate.
so Brazilian culture needs to be watered down?

so Brazilian culture needs to be watered down?
That part? Should completely die in my opinion and even then, laura's alt manages to be a more exagerated portrait of that. so there is that.
I don't even know how it is considered culture tbh.

I'm disappointed, they could have gone into many ways with the character and they went with the more obvious, generic and of bad taste one. I'm still hype about the game, but i can't like Laura.

laura was hype at first but now sean can't come fast enough

good themes though

I think i said before, but it kinda represents a part of brazilian culture that i personally hate.
Brazil funk carioca?

Brazil funk carioca?
That hit me like a brick to my skull

She's one of those favela party dance girls? Best character ever.

Brazil funk carioca?
yup.
That hit me like a brick to my skull

She's one of those favela party dance girls? Best character ever.
basically. Which means basically almost everything i can hate in a human.

Heard from someone that that Qanba Q2 isn't being recognized, which strikes me as weird since I recall that that's the first stick that Mike and co. tested with the driver.

Heard from someone that that Qanba Q2 isn't being recognized, which strikes me as weird since I recall that that's the first stick that Mike and co. tested with the driver.
I have ZERO information about how they implemented anything related to the driver. No lag info, no idea whether they used it multithreaded (recommended) or not, no setup info...

they had a white q2 working on li joes stream all yesterday. was it a q2 for 360 that didn't work?

I have ZERO information about how they implemented anything related to the driver. No lag info, no idea whether they used it multithreaded (recommended) or not, no setup info...
they had a white q2 working on li joes stream all yesterday. was it a q2 for 360 that didn't work?
The claims was from just one guy in the forum, so I'm more than willing to bet it was either due to a mistake on their part. Either it's a 360 stick, or they didn't download the patch which is supposed to add in the driver.

Been hearing reports of ps3 controllers having some lag on them on facebook. Nothing to verify with though.

Yeah, because a musical genre that today consists of the same melody repeated over and over, with musics that only talk about fucking young girls, having money or having expensive stuff, with "artists" that promote the usage of drugs, guns and alcohol and also the whole involvement with criminal activities, and also the whole corruption of children and teenagers has something good in someone's book.

But this is a SFV thread, so i don't want to annoy this thread more, if someone wants to read and understand my reasons, you can pm me.

Yeah, because ...
chill with the hate man.

so I can't wait to see what they do with all the dlc guys, what will balrog and guiles v-stuff be? how much will they be changed?

so I can't wait to see what they do with all the dlc guys, what will balrog and guiles v-stuff be? how much will they be changed?

Balrog:
  • V-Skill is a counter, like a Smash Bros character
  • V-Trigger is "boxing mode" which forces him within two steps of the opponent, almost making it like Punch Out. Best comparison would be like Holoseum where you have two options - attack or move back temporarily
  • As for how he's changed, I could see them making some of his charges into motions
Guile:
  • V-Skill is "Special Move". They'll turn him into a Smash Bros character where you hold a direction and press it to do his stuff. Neutral or forward is Sonic Boom, up is Flash Kick, Down is Focus Attack / Something new, Back is something new. Turn him into the ultimate noob character.
  • V-Trigger is sunglasses. That is all.