• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Super Skullgirls RPG

Cool. I'd be interested in seeing it then.

3 down 2 to go!
child_2_by_robot_star693-d8de55e.png
child_3_by_robot_star693-d8de5c4.png

3 down 2 to go!
child_2_by_robot_star693-d8de55e.png
child_3_by_robot_star693-d8de5c4.png
Nice hey wanna come on the pre-tourney stream in which I add more to SSgRPG and chat on skype about the game?
Skype name FunkyHellboy
ps: its the one with mountains

Nice hey wanna come on the pre-tourney stream in which I add more to SSgRPG and chat on skype about the game?
Skype name FunkyHellboy
ps: its the one with mountains
I sent you a contact request. So are you streaming now or is it later?

Alright new demo download is here!
Have fun! and tell me of any problems that might occur by taking a picture with your error so I can see it.

Edit This is old.

Last edited:
Reactions: robot-star
Alright new demo (as of 1/12/15) download is here!
Have fun! and tell me of any problems that might occur by taking a picture with your error so I can see it.

Old demo!

Last edited:
If u need a tester or help on the rpg I have vx I could help a bit.

If u need a tester or help on the rpg I have vx I could help a bit.
Great! try out the demo and see if there is any problems you find.

Hmm...I don't mind seeing where this goes. I'm just gonna watch from the shadows for now but if I get any ideas for the game, I'll tell you about them.

Hmm...I don't mind seeing where this goes. I'm just gonna watch from the shadows for now but if I get any ideas for the game, I'll tell you about them.
Don't just watch my friend join in by playing the demo and watching the development stream tonight.

*chinstroke* hm.
What is it that has interested you so much for even a chin stroke! My good friend.

Hey Funky! I just wanted to give some thoughts after playing through the latest update. I think the game flows much smoother than it did before, particularly due to the nerfing of the cave enemies and the nice addition of the forest. It's shaping up to be a really strong intro, but I just had a few issues with it:
  • I can't progress past the point where the party leaves the forest and enters Little Innsmouth. For some reason I can't move off that first tile. I took a screencap of where it happened.
  • I can't figure out how to give the sandles item to Squigly to equip. It seems to only show up in Filia's inventory, and there's no "give" option with the items.
  • A minor aesthetic issue, but I just found it slightly odd how the party leaves the town from the right of the screen and when they enter the forest, they appear from the bottom.
Other than those things, the game is great and I look forward to see what you do with it! Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• stuck.png
    stuck.png
    483 KB · Views: 558
Stuck
The way around not getting stuck is to enter from the left tile instead of the right one, its a rather nasty bug.

Don't just watch my friend join in by playing the demo and watching the development stream tonight.

There's a stream tonight? Sure, I'll join in to watch. I don't have much else to do anyway so I might as well. I'm also giving the demo a try as we speak and I do agree it's shaping up quite well. However, like LockjawsSaga said, the only equipment available for Squigly is weapons and no armour. I also find it kind of odd that Fortune uses Filia's weapons but that's just a minor nitpick.

I dont think i was supposed to walk here

Attachments

• Shop glitch.png
    Shop glitch.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 548
What is it that has interested you so much for even a chin stroke! My good friend.
there's 3 stages of my interest: Pondering, Chin stroke, and the all powerful Eyebrow Raise. So this topic has moderately caught my attention.

I walked into the shop and took left as soon as I entered.

I walked into the shop and took left as soon as I entered.
ah
ok fixing on stream now.

Aaaaand I'm done with the children! *raises fist in triumph*
mr_creampuffhair_by_robot_star693-d8dor1q.png
child4_by_robot_star693-d8dor2u.png
Now if you can go for minnette

There's a stream tonight? Sure, I'll join in to watch. I don't have much else to do anyway so I might as well. I'm also giving the demo a try as we speak and I do agree it's shaping up quite well. However, like LockjawsSaga said, the only equipment available for Squigly is weapons and no armour. I also find it kind of odd that Fortune uses Filia's weapons but that's just a minor nitpick.
Fixed

Hey Funky! I just wanted to give some thoughts after playing through the latest update. I think the game flows much smoother than it did before, particularly due to the nerfing of the cave enemies and the nice addition of the forest. It's shaping up to be a really strong intro, but I just had a few issues with it:
  • I can't progress past the point where the party leaves the forest and enters Little Innsmouth. For some reason I can't move off that first tile. I took a screencap of where it happened.
  • I can't figure out how to give the sandles item to Squigly to equip. It seems to only show up in Filia's inventory, and there's no "give" option with the items.
  • A minor aesthetic issue, but I just found it slightly odd how the party leaves the town from the right of the screen and when they enter the forest, they appear from the bottom.
Other than those things, the game is great and I look forward to see what you do with it! Keep up the good work!
Fixed

sV3qAP1.png
Tuxedo Funky holds the beautiful young Sailor Scout Milk in his embrace
Inspired by the temp ingame sprite for Funkyhellboy.
I originally wasn't going to post this, but I was egged on by Magma.

Reactions: MarioToast
Alright new demo (as of 1/13/15) download is here!

Reactions: robot-star
Milk chan sprite confirmed

So I had this idea for the RPG. What if we have alternating stories? Like fillia story stops as a cliffhanger then you switch to lab 8 stories and keep alternating at certain chapters.

So I had this idea for the RPG. What if we have alternating stories? Like fillia story stops as a cliffhanger then you switch to lab 8 stories and keep alternating at certain chapters.

That actually sounds like a really good idea, although maybe not TOO sharp a cliffhanger to stop people feeling... cheated, or like they've had it pulled away from them suddenly when it was getting to the exciting bit. If you can the balance then it could be a great idea.

(Holy cow, how many people with Big Band icons are going to comment in this thread?)

Tonight on stream I am hoping to make a BIG leap in development if SSgRPG.

Ooh, I like the sound of that! I'll try to join the stream if I can and grab the next demo version, I kinda missed out on it today because I was busy trying to practice in Skullgirls (and failing online XD ).

Oh, I also had an idea that there could be a recovery item that heals Skull Points instead of Hit Points, but I'm trying to think of what the actual ITEM could be...

Ok I found a problem with the latest ver. It started me off with only Fillia right behind Minette and the mob. I'm at level 1 with no items and I didn't stand a chance against them.

Reactions: CatsOfMsFortune
Ok I found a problem with the latest ver. It started me off with only Fillia right behind Minette and the mob. I'm at level 1 with no items and I didn't stand a chance against them.

Okay, I'm gonna throw this post in here real quick, I decided to check out the version after all, and I have the exact same problem. I don't know if the player's spawn marker got moved to a different map or something but I know I'm not supposed to be in Little Innsmouth after hitting 'New Game'.

It's because funky must've put the start position and forgot to remove it when he was testing the little innsmouth event