• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Big Bando Husbando Combo Threadando

I just do c.mk, s.hp. Pretty sure it also works as an assist kill

What's your guys' best damaging combos midscreen without using an otg? Mainly asking so I can end the combo into a hard knockdown.

For now I've been doing something like

c.LK, c.MK, HP,
j.MP, j.MK,
c.MK, HP,
j.HP, HK Cymbal Clash, HK A-Train

5.5k with 160 stun

Last edited:
I posted this some time ago with that same starter:

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp,
j.mp, j.mk,
c.mk, s.hp, H beat extend,
j.lk, j.mkx2, j.hp fastfall, s.lk, s.mk, j.lp, j.lk, j.mkx2, j.hp fastfall,
c.lpx2, s.lk, c.mpx2, s.hk, H A-train

Uses all your undizzy but does 7.2k before the super ending with H A-train

I'm going to make this post in as many combo thread as I can. Please record combos with 3-4Bar, so people can see the meter gain for both parties.

anybody else having trouble doing the BnB midscreen combo <ground string> launch, j.MP, j.HP, j.HK against robo fortune? The j.HP always whiffs. I can do it no problem against everybody but robo.... j.MP, j.MK, j.HK works fine though and plenty of time to link OTG cr.HK xx Beat Extend

EDIT: Got it - j.MP, j.HP, j.HK does work, you just need to delay the j.MP longer than other characters

Last edited:
yeah me liking that new update to Band's DHC. makes things so much easier.

only problem is if the opponent gets hit by the roller. that kinda messes up the combo just a tad.

yeah me liking that new update to Band's DHC. makes things so much easier.

only problem is if the opponent gets hit by the roller. that kinda messes up the combo just a tad.

Kinda, yeah, you just don't get TubaTuba, but you can still get another Super Sonic Jazz, and the synergy works really well with both Peacock and Cerebella as far as dhc goes. You can spend meter anyway you like to cut it in any order, it isn't hard when it comes to those three.
Also, alternatively, excellabella is an option for a taunt combo, but I'd rather have Cerecopter or LnLH.

And yes, yay for TubaTubaTuba's dhc change, it's finally actually really useful.

So I was trying to make the dumbest combo and I accidentally made something semi-practical oops

A Big Band-specific corner carry combo that works regardless of screen positioning. Does 7.8k, slightly more if you want to get in some undizzy-burstable hits. No wallbouncing in this house young man

Notable that it doesn't work if the opponent is crouching

Anyone know of a variation of Caio's otgless combo? I can't get the cMK consistently but I really like the sliding end (and damage).

Anyone know of a variation of Caio's otgless combo? I can't get the cMK consistently but I really like the sliding end (and damage).
The trick to doing it is to do j.MP asap after the first launcher and then delay the j.MK a bit.

Easy snap back combo
OTG ground string > launch > delay M rush punch is his easiest double snap imo. I hate using j.LP j.MP j.HP because it always drops for me, lol. I think the one I just wrote is his fastest kill too but I haven't actually tested it.

OTG ground string > launch > delay M rush punch is his easiest double snap imo. I hate using j.LP j.MP j.HP because it always drops for me, lol. I think the one I just wrote is his fastest kill too but I haven't actually tested it.

It's also universal where the timing isn't too different on all the characters. That's pretty nice cause remembering things is hard.

Also IMO delayed rush punch looks cooler, which is probably the most important factor :D

Reactions: drewski
All this time I've just SSJed when I see an opening to hit two people. Maybe I can finally try double snaps for my first time.
So combo snapback from something like HK or BE shown in the vid, then the combo drewski mentioned & repeat the combo.
The other thing to learn (never to late) is a burst bait. Maybe these have been hidden in character subforums, but I can't remember seeing one. I wonder if I should be using one w/BB.

A few burst baits you can do:

(corner) s.HP > j.MP j.MKx2 j.HP, land, jump back j.MP
This is my favorite as it works on everyone and is pretty easy to do, but you need to be in the corner for it to work. Best way to convert is s.HK xx M Brass, if that's hard M Brass is a less damaging but easier punish.

H Beat Extend > j.LK, j.MK, jump back j.LK
I've gotten this in real matches before but it's tough cause you have to do the j.LK very low to the ground. It's also character specific and I can't remember which characters it works on or doesn't. It's also tough to get a big CH combo off the punish cause Big Band is too fat and slow to dash up and do a heavy.

s.HP > j.LP, j.LK, j.MP, land, jump back j.LK
Again character specific, I believe Bella and Big Band are the only characters it doesn't work on (which are like the #1 and #2 characters you wanna burst bait =/ ) Also again the timing is weird.

s.HP > j.LK, j.MP/j.MK, land, j.LP j.LK j.MP/j.MK, c.LK
This is really awkward to use for a few reasons. Depending on the character's weight you need to use either j.MK or j.MP to keep them in the air the right length of time. You also need c.LK to trigger IPS which doesn't happen from most starters (easiest way to get it to trigger is do L/M Giant Step, c.LK s.HP > the rest of the combo). It also doesn't work in the corner cause the burst will hit you.

In short only use that first one unless someone posts something better that works midscreen.

Reactions: Nevins
On that first burst bait, that reminds me of this one I accidentally did in the corner that probably has some potential to be another okay one since it didn't use jump back but neutral jump (which looks a little less ambiguous I think).

It's one of those ones that doesn't catch actual mashing on the first hit but rather after a couple of hits, but from what little I tested it can if you just do jLP jMK instead. Haven't tested it too thoroughly so idk the characters and specifics but it seemed nice from that air combo route.

*opponent is in the corner, NOT grounded and you still have OTG (so like, after beat extend or s.HK e-brake)*

c.LK/LP > c.MK > s.HK > delay!!! > L rush punch > OTG c.mk (this will trigger IPS and the burst will whiff)

Delaying the rush punch after s.HK pushes you away from the corner enough that you'll be at the perfect range for c.MK to hit but their burst won't. I haven't tested it on everyone but it seems to work on a good chunk of the cast.

(thanks for bringing up burst baits because I forgot I found this)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Couple more:

There's another burst bait you can do from the setup @fenster used. It isn't all that good, but it'll catch someone who's randomly mashing through the combo.

s.HP after cymbal clash.

Also, when your opponent is slightly above the ground (usually happens when you mess up restanding them, or using otg):

c.LK > c.MK > c.HP> jump back > j.LP/MP (depends on the positioning of your opponent)

You have either have j.LP or j.MP marked for ips, or have them at near full undizzy. It's universal, works midscreen and in the corner, and here's a fairly consistent setup:

s.MK > j.LP > j.LK > j.MP > c.LK > c.MK > c.HP> jump back > j.LP/MP

I tried to do DP combo from compendium and j.LK, j.MK, s.HP stuff is really hard, so I made this.
It is easier and does more damage.

Oh, nevermind, this one does 1k extra damage and also easy and universal.
Thanks for this! Not a lot of people have put work into optimizing combos off situational starters (I'm as guilty of this as anyone). Is there any way to work j.MKx2 into the last chain? That does a lot more damage than j.MP at max scaling.

Thanks for this! Not a lot of people have put work into optimizing combos off situational starters (I'm as guilty of this as anyone). Is there any way to work j.MKx2 into the last chain? That does a lot more damage than j.MP at max scaling.

The only way to do so would be fast fall link (which I still can't do to this day :< ) c.lp/s.lp or go into j.mkx2 j.hp M Train
You could also link the j.hp there if they aren't on the ground with s.mk which makes for a burst bait that

Also, by the way I found out that you can OTG off Brass H in corner combos, it's kindof a hard link but not that bad, new optimization stuff on the way, yay

I do:

DP > s.MP > s.HP > jump
j.MP > j.HP > j.HK, tech
OTG s.MK(2, delay the second hit slightly) > jump
j.LK > j.MK
s.LP > s.MK > jump
j.LP > j.LK > j.MK(2) > j.HP
(after landing) M A train > super

It does 7.3k after SSJ, just be wary that the j.MK float at the end does build the opponent a good chunk of bar.

I do:

DP > s.MP > s.HP > jump
j.MP > j.HP > j.HK, tech
OTG s.MK(2, delay the second hit slightly) > jump
j.LK > j.MK
s.LP > s.MK > jump
j.LP > j.LK > j.MK(2) > j.HP
(after landing) M A train > super

It does 7.3k after SSJ, just be wary that the j.MK float at the end does build the opponent a good chunk of bar.
Does OTG s.MKx2 work on heavies? I didn't think that it did.

Does OTG s.MKx2 work on heavies? I didn't think that it did.
Maybe it's harder but it definitely works. If you delay the j.HK (which is easier to delay on heavies too) it gives you more time for the OTG.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
There isn't anything on counter hits in the compendium. I don't know any variants on the midscreen and corner BnB's for medium and heavy counterhits, but off of (parry to) counter hit Beat Extend (any version), I do a variant of the drewski BE combo

BE, s.MP s.HP
j.MP j.HP j.HK tech forward
s.MKMK
delay j.LK j.MK
s.LP s.MK
j.LP j.LK j.MK
c.LK c.MK s.HK H A Train SSJ

Does like 7.5k and is universal. On BB/Double you can replace the first s.MP s.HP with c.MP MP s.HP (technically you can do this on everyone but they will more often than not fly over you as you tech from the dropkick and so following up from that is extremely finicky except on those characters).

There's also a BB specific light counter hit deviation off the standard BnB, where instead of the j.LP j.LK j.MK you do j.LP j.LK j.MK delay MK (the delay should make him restand) j.HP then go into your ender.

I polished your combo just a bit.

We also don't have corner dp combos in the compendium.

Btw I still don't understand why some of my videos have bad quality at the beginning.

Reactions: Zephyrel