• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

Okay I updated the first posts with the stuff people have been posting; thanks to everyone who has contributed! I left some info out since they are info that are already available in official bio and story modes, and I want this thread to concentrate on info that can't be found in "official" sources.
Dubu is Korean for tofu, it would be a tofu house akin to that a noodle house isn't strictly limited to noodles.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
So, Tata, was there any info on Irvin? Does he belong to second wave of playables like No Evil girls and Isaac or is he forever NPC?

So, Tata, was there any info on Irvin? Does he belong to second wave of playables like No Evil girls and Isaac or is he forever NPC?
Theres no information about him beyond whats in the game for the general public as far as I am aware.

Yeah, apart from Ravidrath teasing that playable Irvin will be a lot different to how he looks in Ms Fortune's story, we got nothing.

Yeah, apart from Ravidrath teasing that playable Irvin will be a lot different to how he looks in Ms Fortune's story, we got nothing.
Hmmm, that could mean everything. What if he's just any other known/unknown character in disguise? >_>
But he's considered being playable still, right? It kinda makes sense considering that even Minette and Molly are playable @_@

Hmmm, that could mean everything. What if he's just any other known/unknown character in disguise? >_>
But he's considered being playable still, right? It kinda makes sense considering that even Minette and Molly are playable @_@
Yeah, I think Ravi definitely gave it away that he's planned to be playable in the future, although it seemed that Alex either decided that he was not important enough or too important to a future plot point to be included in the DLC character voting.

As for his identity, it has been pointed out that Irvin heavily resembles one of Filia's uncles, as you could see from his portrait in the Medici tower. This is definitely in the realm of speculations though.

I don't think I quoted anyone. Did someone ask this before?
The quote you picked doesn't match up with your question.

The quote you picked doesn't match up with your question.
oh. I don't even know why I clicked reply. I'm sorry about that.

NadiaXIrvin OTP
ripandtear.png

WE HAVE A SPECULATION THREAD. WE HAVE A HEADCANON THREAD, TOO.
My obsessive tendencies are screaming at me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake Was Here
Please, speculation goes in the speculation thread. Headcanon in the headcanon thread.
My obsessive tendencies are screaming at me.
It was just a joke man, it's not derailing this thread.

Just to make this post not pointless, I don't know exactly where I heard this but I think the reason that Aeon never opens her eyes is because whatever she sees with them becomes "Canon".

I saw this and...
tumblr_mstj5uZBuh1suitjto1_500.png
Are Buer and Gae-Bulga living weapons or something?

Reactions: Armageddon11
I saw this and...
tumblr_mstj5uZBuh1suitjto1_500.png
Are Buer and Gae-Bulga living weapons or something?
No they're synthetic parasites, like what Peacock has. Buer Drive is the Pinwheel and Gea-Bolga is the Metal flowing through her veins. Also there are a few misspellings in this.
I bet Beowulf can relate to Valentine.

Reactions: PaulinetheBloody
Didn't know they were synthetic parasites.
- In Filia's ending, she carries around the large cello case that contains the blades from the Buer Drive.
Does this mean she can remove and equipped Buer Drive at will? If so how?

Didn't know they were synthetic parasites.

Does this mean she can remove and equipped Buer Drive at will? If so how?
Being able to remove it was most likely a result of Filia's wish to the Skull Heart. She still has the Parasites, the Skull Heart just made it so she could live a normal life with them.

Alex Ahad drew that. It IS canon Skull Heart. :cool:

isnt that from when Peacock and Marie were slaves in Rommenglad or something?

No that's most likely from before that when they were maids at an orphanage in Rommelgrad. When they were slaves they weren't maids and they most likely weren't in Rommelgrad.

I don't think an orphanage has maids..... They were probably working for some rich guy in Rommelgrad or something.

Patricia is a war orphan (according to her bio), implying that she lost her parents in the Grand War. She's 13-year-old, where the Grand War ended 14 years ago, meaning that her parents must have died when she was a baby. I doubt she would even remember what they looked like. Derp

Last edited:
Yeah that makes more sense, but I'm pretty sure the time they were maids and the time they were slaves are separate.

Now what I have here is totally canon. The war ended 7 years ago not 14. Also Alex said recently two Salty Cupcakes ago that the war lasted about 10 years.

http://skullgirls.com/game/world/

Agreed with the maid and slave thing. I doubt the slave traders would have bothered dressing them up nice.

Also you are right the war ended 7 years ago. I was getting confused lol derp.

Im pretty sure they were both Maids when they were slaves, In Peacocks story it states that Peacock caused a commotion and Marie ran away, while running she found Double and made her the Skullgirl, because she was wearing the maid clothe at the beginning of the Double's story it can be interpreted as being a slave and maid for her were the same thing

Reactions: iLoli
I don't know if anyone brought up "Monster Samson" but here's what I remember about him from his section on the DLC info page for the fan voting:
  • It was hinted that this Samson could either be Double in disguise or is a Samson pulled from a different dimension by Aeon, who controls time and it mentioned in her playstyle she can pull characters from timelines in her attacks (possibly both dead and living or different versions of the characters we know)
  • Much more powerful than the Samson we know, probably because he's taken more control of Filia (as opposed to the other Samson just controlling her hair) and she does not appear to be conscious or have control of him
  • According to Alex's concept sketches some of his attacks would be inspired by wild animals as he can take the form of a giant bat or a grizzly bear for example
  • Apparently much nastier than the other Samson

I had to watch Peacock's story mode again on youtube to get what he was talking about. DeathArcana is right, Patricia stood up for her fellow slaves, was mutilated as an example, and Marie ran away and found the SkullHeart soon afterwards. I think we can assume that the SkullGirls don't change clothes after assimilating with the Skull Heart.

So we can also assume that the slave traders were specifically capturing young teenage girls to sell as maids for rich bitches and bastards with big houses.

We really need an official detailed timeline from Alex Ahad, this is killing me.

Yeah the maid thing is probably going into speculation territory. Gonna need some information from Alex about this.

I think in a Salty Cupcakes stream Alex mentioned that the official currency in the Skullgirls verse is called "bones". That tickles me.
Oh hey yeah I remember that. Should add this to the first posts.

Yeah the maid thing is probably going into speculation territory. Gonna need some information from Alex about this.
I think we've got it down pat, but some actual words from Alex would help.
I think in a Salty Cupcakes stream Alex mentioned that the official currency in the Skullgirls verse is called "bones". That tickles me.
Wow really? That's awesome, I like that.

I think we've got it down pat, but some actual words from Alex would help.
Just because Marie was wearing her maid outfit after escaping from the slave traders doesn't necessarily mean that they were given to her by the slave traders. She could have just been keeping the clothes she had before. Anyway we don't really know how long they were held by the slave traders' before Marie managed to escape. Probably not that long since otherwise she would have been sold off to a buyer already.

You have to admit it makes a lot of sense, but I guess that's just not quite enough is it?

One of the biggest barriers we are facing with canon is the amount of time certain events took, which is why the two things I want most from Ahad is a detailed time line and a detailed world map. Time and Place people, that's what we need.

Reactions: musica
Not saying that it doesn't make sense, but I'm not comfortable with adding stuff to the canon thread without a clear confirmation.

Maids can be slaves. I mean Django Unchained. Seriously. There is no contradiction. Also don't confuse slave traders with slave owners. While traders weren't going to pretty them up most probably, owners could do that if they have a fancy mansion. Not saying it is canon, but it's perfectly plausible

Maids can be slaves. I mean Django Unchained. Seriously. There is no contradiction. Also don't confuse slave traders with slave owners. While traders weren't going to pretty them up most probably, owners could do that if they have a fancy mansion. Not saying it is canon, but it's perfectly plausible
Peacock was mutilated by slave traders. If the picture that Alex drew is indeed canon, then it means that Marie and Patricia must have been working as maids prior to her mutilation. I'm still finding it hard to believe that the slave traders would have been dressing them up in pretty maid cloths, but indeed it is possible. Like I said, I'd rather have Alex confirm this.

Slavers could have dressed the merchandise fancily to make it more attractive for potential customers.

Reactions: Amandap99
Stanley:
- He is a sports buff who loves boxing and hockey
Kind of already stated in his bio.
Replacement gem based on what Mike Z said in a stream I think:
- Much like how sharks cannot swim backwards, Stanley cannot walk backwards. His backwards walking animation would have him turned away from the opponent.

Also, Dragon Empire should be added under factions.

Last edited: