• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

I think it is time to include on what we know base on Squigly's (amazing) story mode....

I think the idea of this thread is to include information that isn't already in the story modes or character bios, stuff that isn't immediately obvious.

I just noticed, Marie's eyes are still in the shape of a skull. Is this how they always looked like?

I just noticed, Marie's eyes are still in the shape of a skull. Is this how they always looked like?
I blame doing things out of habit. Her eyes aren't skull-shaped before accepting the Skullheart in Double's story. Also, it has been strongly implied in various story modes that such eyes are Skullgirl-specific.

Reactions: Denizen
I blame doing things out of habit. Her eyes aren't skull-shaped before accepting the Skullheart in Double's story. Also, it has been strongly implied in various story modes that such eyes are Skullgirl-specific.
I concur. I'm kind of a critic to little things, i guess.

Kind of already stated in his bio.
Replacement gem based on what Mike Z said in a stream I think:
- Much like how sharks cannot swim backwards, Stanley cannot walk backwards. His backwards walking animation would have him turned away from the opponent.

Also, Dragon Empire should be added under factions.
Oh yeah I missed the hockey and boxing thing in his description. I'll remove that.

Also I thought the walking backwards thing was a joke? I'm not too sure how much I trust canon info from Mike if Alex doesn't verify it.

Oh yeah I missed the hockey and boxing thing in his description. I'll remove that.

Also I thought the walking backwards thing was a joke? I'm not too sure how much I trust canon info from Mike if Alex doesn't verify it.
This was a joke I think, I don't think it's canon.

I also don't think Andy being based on Stanley is set in stone either? I don't know where that came from, I would ask Alex about that.

Do you guys think it's canon that Valentine's boobs are fake?

She's pretty thin yet her breasts are the largest of the cast. At least Cerebella has the frame to support such large boobage.

It's known that Valentine had been experimented on so it's possible
emot-v.gif

She's pretty thin yet her breasts are the largest of the cast. At least Cerebella has the frame to support such large boobage.

emot-v.gif
I don't think being experimented on means you'll grow larger breasts. She was probably a big girl even before the experimentation.

I wanna know something and read what you guys think about it.
So, Valentine specials and tools are mostly taken from his dead team mates, right? (Body Bag, Syringes, surgical knives, etc) I can't find that pic where all of the girls were in the same picture and Valentine was almost hugging Christmas. Anyway it's supposed to be the bone saw Valentine's weapon of choice.

What happened with the giant blade back there?
BDLmNb9.jpg

My wild guess is that it was supposed to be the blade in Savage Bypass and EKG Flatliner, but they went lazy and just reused the bone saw.

I also don't think Andy being based on Stanley is set in stone either? I don't know where that came from, I would ask Alex about that.
Apparently this was something that Alex said a while ago; like, pre-EVO donation drive stuff. I confirmed it with a few people who followed SG lore closely but I admit I never heard it from Alex himself. I guess we can ask him to confirm it if we have a chance.

emot-v.gif
Forget me, father, for I have sinned.

I've definitely heard Alex say the Andy/Stanley thing. Also the walking facing away thing might be a reference to console ports like ps1 jojos that reused forward walks for backwards walks to save memory.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
I'm wondering, has a canon story been established, or is it in the works?

If it is in the works, how long until it is done?

I'm wondering, has a canon story been established, or is it in the works?

If it is in the works, how long until it is done?

Nevermind, found the answer to my own question.

None of the character endings are canon, although some of them do contain some “true events” from the overall story. There are plans to make a canon story eventually, but Alex Ahad has said that he needs Umbrella, Marie and Black Dahlia to be playable in order to make the first part of the canon story.

To answer your previous question - Alex already has it figured out, it just wasn't implemented yet.

peacock_plan_09.jpg

According to some ancient and not-oft-talked-about concept sketches for Peacock, her full name is Patricia Watson. Squigly and Parasoul's surnames date back to the same time, so I'd believe that this is probably canon? Or maybe not, but it deserves a lil' mention.

wow look how much her hair changed

To answer your previous question - Alex already has it figured out, it just wasn't implemented yet.

Thats good. Can't wait to see what he has.

There were a whole bunch of model sheets for "beta" Peacock but I can't remember where you can find them all, one sheet had Andy and Tommy's early designs on it too.

It's pretty funny seeing Peacock being SO TALL.

wow look how much her hair changed
And look how TALL she is, especially with the hat. That'd be 7'5 feet in all, around 225 cm, possibly even taller than Double or Big Band. If i had to guess, she was originally much older, around 16 or 19. Pea is now 4'6 feet tall, roughly 137 cm. If the hat is still supposed to be 2 feet, she'd be 6'6 ft tall, around 197 cm, or if 1 ft, 167.

Last edited:
I remember coming across that Peacock concept a while back and it is so wild to see the changes made to her. Reminds me that I found this particular gif around the same time....
Peacock-gif-skullgirls-32200040-160-120.gif

And does anyone have any information on the locations in Meridian and so on? Like in relation to other locations. It would be neat if we saw a map of the locations in the Skullgirls universe.

With that "Patricia Watson" deet, how many characters' names beyond how they're labeled in-game have been outright disclosed? I know Parasoul and Umbrella are part of the Renoir family, but I've not seen that surname official appended to either.

With that "Patricia Watson" deet, how many characters' names beyond how they're labeled in-game have been outright disclosed? I know Parasoul and Umbrella are part of the Renoir family, but I've not seen that surname official appended to either.
I guess Filia was practically revealed to be "Filia Medici" even though the surname was never appended to her name in-story either. Adam's surname was also revealed by Alex but never in-game. Can't really think of any other off the top of my head.

From the in-game story modes we know Ms Fortune's first name is Nadia and that Squigly's full name is Sienna Contiello. Frow outside of the game, that Valentine's real name is Valerie while Big Band's is Rich Brown Ben Birdland.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
I don't think CiShan is canon anymore, given that her Dragon Kingdom heritage has been removed. Quinton has never been mentioned again either.

I don't think CiShan is canon anymore, given that her Dragon Kingdom heritage has been removed. Quinton has never been mentioned again either.
Where has that been stated?
I'm still believing she didn't mention her full name.

Where has that been stated?
I'm still believing she didn't mention her full name.
Leviathan was meant to be a Parasite that was passed down from her Dragon Kingdom-born mother's side of the family. In her story mode, her mother is clearly not from the Dragon Kingdom. Without a Dragon Kingdom heritage, I don't see why she would still have CiShan in her name.

Well then I guess that's another question to ask Alex.

Leviathan was meant to be a Parasite that was passed down from her Dragon Kingdom-born mother's side of the family. In her story mode, her mother is clearly not from the Dragon Kingdom. Without a Dragon Kingdom heritage, I don't see why she would still have CiShan in her name.
How would you know? We don't exactly have proof she's Dragon Kingdom nor she isn't.

How would you know? We don't exactly have proof she's Dragon Kingdom nor she isn't.
Her name is Selene, for a start? I guess you can't prove that she's not from the Dragon Kingdom beyond a shadow of doubt but I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption.

Her name is Selene, for a start? I guess you can't prove that she's not from the Dragon Kingdom beyond a shadow of doubt but I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption.
We don't have a cultural basis on the Dragon Kingdom, while Selene is not an Asian name in our world, Western names are still used in such areas and really shouldn't be a grounds for nationality, I mean damn I have the most Rural European name and none of my family is from such areas.

Reactions: Denizen
there's some art by persona (i think in one of those envelopes) where Parasoul is called Parasoul Renoir. its the one with young Parasoul watching Annie and Nancy calling for her attention but she's too occupied by TV ADVENTURE.