• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

Per some stuff posted in the headcanon thread, I think it'd be worth it to go and flesh out the answers in the google doc to match Alex's answers in the interview more thoroughly. Some of the notes I noticed were a little off from the wording of what he actually said... I also noticed not quite everything that was mentioned was written in all of them.

For instance, question 40's written answer doesn't mention Peacock adjusting to her eyes quickly, which Alex did (In that vein, there's also a couple speaking inconsistencies that should probably be ironed out in some questions. That same question also says her and Marie knew each other before the war, but we know that the Grand War would have been an ongoing conflict since before the time they were born. He likely meant before the battlefront hit their home).

Not trying to discount you or anything Chrono, you're lovely ; v ; But that's why I asked about the recording earlier, I figured it'd be best to have Alex's actual words down for interpretation for all of us to work with here.

Oh yeah definitely. The written answers were mostly stuff I jotted down during the call so there are a few mistakes here and there. That's why I'm uploading the call once I've finished checking it.

aw
i wanted to hear you guys gossip about other people and do each other's hair

Reactions: LKArtillery
Okay, here are the other parts of the calls that are relevant to the lore questions! I chopped out a big chunk of time with Alex and I were just talking about other random stuff. I don't think there was anything overly personal or specific but, yeah, better be safe than sorry I guess lol.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t757g2pj4li8dbk/part 2.mp3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/id02w1t4q9t3jvz/part 3.mp3

Sweet! Well, guess it's time to flesh out all these answers and put 'em in a format that'll fit in with the info in the OP so they can be added in there. This has yielded a ton of neat info! As always, I'm left yearning for more, but that can only be a good thing haha. Thank you forever! <3

Sweet! Well, guess it's time to flesh out all these answers and put 'em in a format that'll fit in with the info in the OP so they can be added in there.
Thank you. I wasn't able to understand anything.

Hmm. In retrospect it was a mistake writing all the notes in the public doc since they were just short notes intended to be understandable to myself to help when I write up the info properly. Showing it publicly with all the typos and missing info has just made people take away wrong information from it. Lesson learned.

Anyway I'm gonna try to add the info from St Minority's call first since I've been putting that off for a few weeks, then I'll add the stuff from my call.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
Hmm. In retrospect it was a mistake writing all the notes in the public doc since they were just short notes intended to be understandable to myself to help when I write up the info properly. Showing it publicly with all the typos and missing info has just made people take away wrong information from it. Lesson learned.

Anyway I'm gonna try to add the info from St Minority's call first since I've been putting that off for a few weeks, then I'll add the stuff from my call.

A friend of mine and I are taking down the notes in their entirety and trying to change them out of Q&A format--our progress is here if you're interested! The full answers are in bold.

A friend of mine and I are taking down the notes in their entirety and trying to change them out of Q&A format--our progress is here if you're interested! The full answers are in bold.
Excellent stuff. This will be really useful. Thanks again!

Once you're done with this, I can make a news post to inform everyone of a new canon burst.

Stuff from St Minority's call added to the first posts finally!

There were a lot of questions on that call regarding personalities of characters, most of which I didn't add since they didn't seem like "hard data", and I think most of them can be inferred from the stories and bios anyway. I'm not sure if everyone would agree with me on this though?

Reactions: LKArtillery and Kai
I'm not sure if everyone would agree with me on this though?
I agree those should be left out for the time being. I think the questions about things that would be on the "Essential Data" charts seem the type Alex & co. might change once the characters have a "proper focus" on them, as is the case of the DLC characters when they are officially released.
But if people want to read up on that, perhaps you could place them in a separate segment for "information that is likely subject to change" or whatever would better describe it. Just a idle thought.

Speaking of idle thoughts, as it ever been confirmed if Black Dahlia can replace her grenade launcher arm with a human-like prosthetic? Must be awkward to lug that thing around in social situations. Also, if she gets a little tipsy. Mean drunk with a cannon arm is not a good combination. :3

Thanks for putting this up because it was really awesome. I like how Taliesin has no purpose for turning women into instruments besides the fact that he's crazy. Also the whole fact that there are psychic soldiers in the Skullgirls universe puts the biggest smile on my face.

Last edited:
I agree those should be left out for the time being. I think the questions about things that would be on the "Essential Data" charts seem the type Alex & co. might change once the characters have a "proper focus" on them, as is the case of the DLC characters when they are officially released.
But if people want to read up on that, perhaps you could place them in a separate segment for "information that is likely subject to change" or whatever would better describe it. Just a idle thought.
I'll probably give a link to the original write-ups where possible, since those tend to cover all the answers that Alex give. I'm not sure if tagging "information likely to change" would be necessary though since it seems that would cover about 90% of the stuff. :P Alex even says certain info for main characters like Filia are not finalised yet. I think the only info we can say for sure are set in stone are those that appear in the story and the official bio, in which case they won't be covered in this thread anyway.

Speaking of idle thoughts, as it ever been confirmed if Black Dahlia can replace her grenade launcher arm with a human-like prosthetic? Must be awkward to lug that thing around in social situations. Also, if she gets a little tipsy. Mean drunk with a cannon arm is not a good combination. :3
Heh. It would make sense if she can but Dahlia doesn't strike me as the type of person who would give two thoughts about what other people would think about her appearance or if she would accidentally blow a couple of people up.

As I said, "whatever would best describe it". It just seemed that there were a lot of questions about stuff that would be part of those things that are "set in stone" and the provided answer might be something that, in retrospect, wasn't the best or most accurate idea.

Chrono_Tata said:
Dahlia doesn't strike me as the type of person who would give two thoughts about what other people would think about her appearance or if she would accidentally blow a couple of people up.
Black Dahlia? More like BASED Dahlia.:PUN: (Yes, I know the Fortune head here is every conceivable shade of wrong.)

Mean drunk with a cannon arm is not a good combination. :3
Tell me about it.

You're doin' good work.

You're doin' good work.

Thanks! Some of this involves checking back with previous lore interviews to make sure the information actually matches up... Alex is great but sometimes he forgets stuff, I think. Hahah.

Also, whoever the rper repeatedly posting the link on tumblr is really needs to stop jumping the gun. We're only like halfway through the list. Simmer down, dudes. It'll be properly posted soon enough.

Also, whoever the rper repeatedly posting the link on tumblr is really needs to stop jumping the gun. We're only like halfway through the list. Simmer down, dudes. It'll be properly posted soon enough.
That's the problem I was talking about when posting unfinished write-ups publicly lol. :P

That's the problem I was talking about when posting unfinished write-ups publicly lol. :P

Yeah, kinda stuck my foot in my own mouth there. Whoops! I just figured you could use it if you were gonna do that kinda thing yourself.

Also, regarding the iffy personality info stuff, I think Balder has the right idea. Just sticking those kinds of things in their own little "could be changed" section is probably good enough.

Small little heads up, but on the answer about Valentine's ninja skills, it says her counter super's a LVL 3 instead of a LVL 2. Not really a big thing, but figured i'd say something.

Small little heads up, but on the answer about Valentine's ninja skills, it says her counter super's a LVL 3 instead of a LVL 2. Not really a big thing, but figured i'd say something.

Ah, thanks. Little typo there. If anyone sees any mistakes in the same vein feel free to point them out.

Yeah, kinda stuck my foot in my own mouth there. Whoops! I just figured you could use it if you were gonna do that kinda thing yourself.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong about that. I really appreciate it and it's really useful. The problem is that once it gets into the wild it's hard to control where it goes, so any errors or unchecked stuff could get propagated really quickly. I'm gonna try to be more careful in the future with public documents.

Also, regarding the iffy personality info stuff, I think Balder has the right idea. Just sticking those kinds of things in their own little "could be changed" section is probably good enough.
About that, I think there are actually 2 points there:

1) Most of the personality-related things that I'm talking about are things like "Valentine actually regards Painwheel with pride but she would never admit it" or "Cerebella is pretty sassy" and such. I think that those are pretty much things that can basically be learned by playing their stories anyway, so I don't think they need to be added to this thread.

2) About categorizing things that "could be changed" into a separate section, I am a little bit uncomfortable with that because then things that are not put into that section could be implied as "set in stone". I think any info here could be changed until they are actually mentioned in canon. Obviously if Alex specifically mentions that a piece of information could be changed, I would note that down, but I'm not sure there are enough of those pieces of information to warrant their own section?

Reactions: Balder and Denizen
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong about that. I really appreciate it and it's really useful. The problem is that once it gets into the wild it's hard to control where it goes, so any errors or unchecked stuff could get propagated really quickly. I'm gonna try to be more careful in the future with public documents.

About that, I think there are actually 2 points there:

1) Most of the personality-related things that I'm talking about are things like "Valentine actually regards Painwheel with pride but she would never admit it" or "Cerebella is pretty sassy" and such. I think that those are pretty much things that can basically be learned by playing their stories anyway, so I don't think they need to be added to this thread.

2) About categorizing things that "could be changed" into a separate section, I am a little bit uncomfortable with that because then things that are not put into that section could be implied as "set in stone". I think any info here could be changed until they are actually mentioned in canon. Obviously if Alex specifically mentions that a piece of information could be changed, I would note that down, but I'm not sure there are enough of those pieces of information to warrant their own section?

Yeah, that's true. That's why I posted stuff in the headcanon thread saying slow down and such; damage control. haha. Problem is is that people just get really over-excited about trying to get out new info as fast as possible regardless of whether it's complete or not. But on the flipside, if stuff is kept under wraps it makes it harder to analyze the info at hand fairly between everyone and do fact-checking and stuff. I guess it's just a consequence of having things going on in a public forum.

Ahh, I see what you mean now. Yeah, that's true... considering the on-the-fly nature of a lot of these Q&A sessions, I wouldn't doubt a lot of these details will see some slight (or not-so-slight) changes in the future.

Well, then... maybe not really giving the extra section a name that implies one thing or another is set in stone canon would work? If it's extraneous info that isn't really seen in the storymodes, I guess it could go under a "fun trivia" section or something like that then. But it's up to you. Those are pretty reasonable, uh, reasons not to include one.

I am still pretty happy we finally know a bit about the similarities and differences between Elves. Apparently they have skin-tone of the rainbow. Also Psychic soldiers? I feel like a Psychonauts joke is in order.

I wrote up all the lore stuff from my call on Friday and then completely forgot to put it on this thread. Whoops.

Anyway, they are up in the first posts now. Enjoy!

Special thanks to @LKArtillery for writing up stuff from my call in a legible format. Really saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks!

Wait Roxie's name is actually Rosie?
That such an odd name change (that's like if you're names Bob and your alias name was Rob) what the point of the name change?

Last edited:
Wait Roxie's name is actually Rosie?
That suck an odd name change (that's like if you're names Bob and your alias name was Rob) what the point of the name change?
No idea either. Alex didn't elaborate on that. Maybe she thinks it sounds less "girly"?

No idea either. Alex didn't elaborate on that. Maybe she thinks it sounds less "girly"?
Maybe it's to make it less obvious that Roxie is based on Rosie the Riveter.

With the questions made for alex is there anyways to ask for more or is that it for now?

With the questions made for alex is there anyways to ask for more or is that it for now?
That's it for now. I had a 1-hour Skype call with Alex from the Indiegogo reward which I have obviously claimed. Unless someone else have a Skype call and is taking questions, I guess it's back to trying to catch him on stream or irl.

I wrote up all the lore stuff from my call on Friday and then completely forgot to put it on this thread. Whoops.

Anyway, they are up in the first posts now. Enjoy!

Special thanks to @LKArtillery for writing up stuff from my call in a legible format. Really saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks!

No prob! I got kinda busy so I wasn't able to finish my writeup, but hey.

Anyhow, I think a good addition to the OP would be linking to the audio/video versions of the lore interviews, as well as any miscellaneous lore-related audio/video that may be around (such as panels at conventions, stream archives and the like). Even written things or concept art may also be worthwhile to have links to.

It's always good to keep track of the sources for this information. Especially when, as we've seen, people have a tendency to take snippets of lore info out of the context it was originally said in.

No prob! I got kinda busy so I wasn't able to finish my writeup, but hey.

Anyhow, I think a good addition to the OP would be linking to the audio/video versions of the lore interviews, as well as any miscellaneous lore-related audio/video that may be around (such as panels at conventions, stream archives and the like). Even written things or concept art may also be worthwhile to have links to.

It's always good to keep track of the sources for this information. Especially when, as we've seen, people have a tendency to take snippets of lore info out of the context it was originally said in.
Yup that's a good idea. There are the 3 Skype calls we have so far obviously and also the Salty Cupcakes streams, although the earlier ones weren't documented so it will be a pain to go through them to look for Alex's Q&A. There are also the AoD and EVO panels from last year.

There are also a ton of outdated lore from Alex's old sites, which I guess we could still document. There are also a ton of other lore reveals that are undocumented because they were typed in stream chat. I've started saving all stream chat logs I can from the Lab Zero and Eighty Sixed streams lately, but Alex hasn't been in those stream chats for a while lol.

Question. Do we have information on what kind of bussiness the Contiello family had with the Medici?

Were they just opera singers or were they actually involved with mob activitie's?

I know that Squigly is a good girl but I will feel less sorry for the tragedy that hit her family if they took part in all that filth.