• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The canon info thread - what we know

Question. Do we have information on what kind of bussiness the Contiello family had with the Medici?

Were they just opera singers or were they actually involved with mob activitie's?

I know that Squigly is a good girl but I will feel less sorry for the tragedy that hit her family if they took part in all that filth.
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I don't think there is any solid info on this but I think it can be assumed that the family isn't directly part of the mob, but they receive favours from them in returns for favours. In the Contiellos' case, they could use connection with the Medicis to get ahead in the entertainment industry. If you have read/watched The Godfather, probably a similar situation as Johnny Fontaine.

In the old lore, it was mentioned that her father marrying someone from the Dragon Empire was frowned upon in their social circles, but they still did well thanks to their connection to the Mafia. Obviously this bit of the lore doesn't apply anymore.

EDIT: This is probably in the realm of speculation but I suppose that an opera singer with a visible Parasite would normally be discriminated against, but Squigly's father became successful anyway thanks to connection with the Medici family. In the old lore, Leviathan was passed down from Squigly's mother's Dragon Empire-side of the family. Perhaps Roberto could have occasionally acted as muscle for the Medicis with Leviathan's fighting power?

Last edited:
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I don't think there is any solid info on this but I think it can be assumed that the family isn't directly part of the mob, but they receive favours from them in returns for favours. In the Contiellos' case, they could use connection with the Medicis to get ahead in the entertainment industry. If you have read/watched The Godfather, probably a similar situation as Johnny Fontaine.

In the old lore, it was mentioned that her father marrying someone from the Dragon Empire was frowned upon in their social circles, but they still did well thanks to their connection to the Mafia. Obviously this bit of the lore doesn't apply anymore.

EDIT: This is probably in the realm of speculation but I suppose that an opera singer with a visible Parasite would normally be discriminated against, but Squigly's father became successful anyway thanks to connection with the Medici family. In the old lore, Leviathan was passed down from Squigly's mother's Dragon Empire-side of the family. Perhaps Roberto could have occasionally acted as muscle for the Medicis with Leviathan's fighting power?

Good catch, I doubt the Medicis would let that potential power go unused.

Another, one of Levi's quotes against Parasoul is that: "she is not her father."

Considering that the Medici are opposing the Renoirs it is possible that the Contiello's were also part of this conspiration? Of course, it can mean that it is just a comment about how Parasoul is just not as warmongering. Or both.

That's an interesting take on that line; I'd never thought to interpret it as a personal defense for Squigly. Seeing as how we have far more concrete evidence that Parasoul's dad is the one who did a bunch of awful stuff, I'll continue to assume that that's who the line is meant to refer to.

But in any case, yeah, this line of discussion should be moved to the speculation thread. It's pure theory at this point.

That's an interesting take on that line; I'd never thought to interpret it as a personal defense for Squigly. Seeing as how we have far more concrete evidence that Parasoul's dad is the one who did a bunch of awful stuff, I'll continue to assume that that's who the line is meant to refer to.

But in any case, yeah, this line of discussion should be moved to the speculation thread. It's pure theory at this point.

I asked Alex this same question a while back, I assumed that Leviathan was implying that Parasol's dad was weak/ a coward, and Alex kindly clarified that it was indeed because Parasoul's dad was a jerk.

The details we miss...

I just replayed Parasoul's story and this time I took a good look on Umbrella's eyes on this scene:

tumblr_m6iercENOA1rvtnano1_1280.png

I haven't seen any news updates or anything about this, I can't be the only one who's noticed it. Someone please correct me if I missed an announcement or if it's old news.

http://skullgirls.com/characters/squigly/
http://skullgirls.com/characters/big-band/

No, good eye! Those must have been added within the past couple days or so, because they weren't there last Friday. (That'd be when I last checked them. P:)

So much for the 300-400 pound estimate, there! lmao holy crap, big band is heavy!

I'm laughing forever at his bloodtype. And his measurements. And his likes. And his dislikes. Everything, really. What a funny dude. You can't not like Big Band, I swear.

And I can totally sympathize on the unresolved dissonance thing, too. Man, that's like the most grating thing in the world. Musicians, Make a Big Band happy. Resolve with harmony. (This has been a PSA.)

Also, I wonder what "neat" means, or if they just neglected to finish whatever they were typing there?

He's 49? Damn.
Yeah, that was quite a surprise. All things considered, he aged quite elegantly.

Big Band confirmed voyeur.
f77.jpg

Random, but something I find interesting is that they used the version of BB that's on the Lab 8 stage for his promo art portrait on the site. Didn't think they were actually going to use that one, for some reason.

Another interesting thing: Squigly's profile refers to Marie as "Bloody Marie". Good to know that name is still for-sure canon, then, as it's never actually been used in-game.

Wait, is this canon material? The Skullgirls Wiki is not the best thing in the world. (It mistook my rp bio for Eliza for canon.)

OH WAIT SHIT, I DDIDNT TFUCKING SEE IT WAS THE OFFFICIAL SITE.

Wikis generally need to be taken with a grain of salt, yes. In some cases more like Umbrella levels of salt. People also have an irksome tendency to confuse fanon with canon--but then again, that's why this thread exists!

Can't blame you, though--when was the last time they actually updated the official site? It happens sparsely enough it feels like a fluke, lol

As for BB's age... I had personally been assuming Big Band was closer to 40 than 50, but hey, it's hardly an implausible age for the guy.

Also, because it's bugging me and I need to get my timelines straight: It's been stated in lore interviews that Big Band was rebuilt prior to the Grand War, so he has to have been Big Band for at least 17 years. The IGG profile for Ileum says that she was disfigured during the war, but Alex states she and Big Band have fought two Skullgirls. This means that she has to have been grafted with the Salamander Shell sometime between the start of the Grand War and the appearance of Selene 14 years ago. It's also supported by Squigly's new profile, which says the ASG intervened in the fight with Selene. Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Can't blame you, though--when was the last time hey actually updated the official site? It happens sparsely enough it feels like a fluke, lol

As for BB's age... I had personally been assuming Big Band was closer to 40 than 50, but hey, it's hardly an implausible age for the guy.

Also, because it's bugging me and I need to get my timelines straight: It's been stated in lore interviews that Big Band was rebuilt prior to the Grand War, so he has to have been Big Band for at least 17 years. The IGG profile for Ileum says that she was disfigured during the war, but Alex states she and Big Band have fought two Skullgirls. This means that she has to have been grafted with the Salamander Shell sometime between the start of the Grand War and the appearance of Selene 14 years ago. It's also supported by Squigly's new profile, which says the ASG intervened in the fight with Selene. Right?
I think the canon might of changed? He's leaving a lot of loose ends so he could pretty much decide on the spot (Like with King Franz' Schrodinger cat status.)

So it just might be a little oversight, or Ilium could of been apart of the labs before the war?

On Big Band:

I'll repeat Artillery's sentiment. 5000 lbs? Haha, holy cow!

Only 95 lbs organic, though. I wonder how much of that is due to muscle atrophy and how much is some irreversibly lost body parts. Up to this point I assumed Big Band still had his limbs in the iron lung, even if not functional, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

I was always under the impression that his real body only goes down to a portion of his chest without arms, and the iron lung and Brass Knuckles did the rest for him.

I was always under the impression that his real body only goes down to a portion of his chest without arms, and the iron lung and Brass Knuckles did the rest for him.

There's some concept art of Big Band that serves as an "x-ray" of sorts which Alex showed at a panel, once. You can see here that he has his torso intact, but none of his limbs--the remainder of his organic body is outlined in green.

bigbandxrayconcept.png

Ah thanks, that's what I was thinking of, cause I knew I saw something like that at a panel, but I didn't know if that was still canon.

On Big Band:

I'll repeat Artillery's sentiment. 5000 lbs? Haha, holy cow!
I'm going to point out one of his moves is him on a kickstand.

Alex did say that that X-Ray image may no longer be canon.

And that's our main problem in here.

Personally, since he seems to be so fickle about the details, I've been running on a policy that until Alex explicitly says something is non-canon (no ifs or maybes), I'll still consider it canon until such time as he provides an alternative. Or more reliably, until the next written/drawn/ingame thing comes along that overwrites it.

Because let's face it, he changes his mind a lot. XP

And that's our main problem in here.

Personally, since he seems to be so fickle about the details, I've been running on a policy that until Alex explicitly says something is non-canon (no ifs or maybes), I'll still consider it canon until such time as he provides an alternative. Or more reliably, until the next written/drawn/ingame thing comes along that overwrites it.

Because let's face it, he changes his mind a lot. XP
This is a good thing to keep in mind.
Can we add this to the first post?

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Hi Chorono and good friends, I was just wondering if it's ok that I move this thread (basically the collection on #1) to a chinese Skullgirls forum , translate it into chinese and update it when this thread has new infos? I find some of the infos are new to me and my friends, and we lack material for discussion since we live in such a country which banned so many websites...

Hi Chorono and good friends, I was just wondering if it's ok that I move this thread (basically the collection on #1) to a chinese Skullgirls forum , translate it into chinese and update it when this thread has new infos? I find some of the infos are new to me and my friends, and we lack material for discussion since we live in such a country which banned so many websites...
Hey, no problem at all! Just make sure to link back to this thread on your website. :)

Annie:

- The Annie of the Stars show is very similar to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show with live action segments with cartoons and PSAs and commercials in between.
Why did I think of this when I read that????

Is there some more background about Krieg and Hungern?
Does other Umbrellas of Apocalipse exist?
(Sieg\Pestilenz and Tod)

Is there some more background about Krieg and Hungern?
Does other Umbrellas of Apocalipse exist?
(Sieg\Pestilenz and Tod)
King Franz Renoir uses/used Todd. If you see any images of him it's creepy and skeletal, although I'm not sure how canon those images of Franz are, they look like Alex's sketches...

As for me, I want to know who the two figures on the central balcony of the Glass Canopy are.

I got a question: In Squigly's story, does the moment when Samson says that you cannot trust the undead when the Skullgirl's roaming around count as a "Jerkass Has a Point" moment considering he has insulted both Squigly and Leviathan?

Reactions: Undeadtoon