• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Kung is shaping up to be a goofy old guy, reminds me of Jackie Chan's humor. (Racism unattended.)
Always had a soft spot for him.

But seriously though, we need to talk about Reptile's voice.

Reptile confirmed dark/poison type mega of Greninja.

I've always liked Reptile as a character.

And by always, I mean I just found some fan art I drew of him from 1993 when cleaning up my basement.

Looks like Reptile still has his elbow dash, wonder if that's still like 6 frames or whatever it was

Hopefully we'll see some Kung Lao, Kitana and (especially) Reptile variants in tomorrows videos. I'm almost as excited to see what variations he'll have as I am to see the next new character. (And by 'almost as' I actually mean 'just as.')

It's the same voice actor as last game, what's the problem?
I suppose it is kind of charming in a 'Saturday Morning Cartoon Bad Guy Henchman" sort of way... I'm just prepared to hear him talk so much! Especially outside the campaign!

I suppose it is kind of charming in a 'Saturday Morning Cartoon Bad Guy Henchman" sort of way...
You think the same I do.

I heard some Cobra Commander in there. And pretty much every other villainous snake-themed antagonist of cartoons of the 80s.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Ed Boon posted a picture of Bernie Mac on his twitter.
People think it's a tease for Ermac tomorrow
If so, PLEASE.
NO!
Come the fuck on! I'm tired of Klassic kharacters! Reptile was fine because he's Reptile!
I want a damn new kharacter already!
I don't think I can take two Klassics in a row again.
I don't want to feel biting disappointment again.

God damn it Ermac you just had to piss in this hype kereal didn't you.

Who's that voice though getting slaughter?
That doesn't sound remotely like any kharacter revealed so far.

Nono Ermac was the supplier of the milk. This kereal is saved.

When are we getting new kharacters damn it.
I understand it's to build hype since we've had a history of shitty ill-received new characters
But someone like Tremor would build hype

When are we getting new kharacters damn it.
I understand it's to build hype since we've had a history of shitty ill-received new characters
But someone like Tremor would build hype

They may be keeping the new ckharacters hidden until release, which is... odd if it's true, though I suppose that they probably think that old kharacters will push more units at release, whikh I kan kinda get.

Ed Boon posted a picture of Bernie Mac on his twitter.
People think it's a tease for Ermac tomorrow
If so, PLEASE.
NO!
Come the fuck on! I'm tired of Klassic kharacters! Reptile was fine because he's Reptile!
I want a damn new kharacter already!
I don't think I can take two Klassics in a row again.
I don't want to feel biting disappointment again.
maaaaaaan.

I like Ermac.

ya'll need to chill.

and I dunno about you but I can see a multi-souled psychic ninja wizard being hype.

Reactions: BeatNinja
We are many, you are but one Jutsei.

Give in to the hype.

I agree that there's got to be some sort of marketing angle here, whether it be that they are saving all the new characters for a big reveal or they simply think more people will buy the game for the klassic kast.
But let's not forget they originally claimed (and sure things have changed since then) that the cast would be:
25%Mk9, 25% beyond MK3 and 50% New.
As Valley Girl Painwheel would say: "Cha right! As if!"
At the moment we've got 9 characters (including Goro) from MK9, 0 characters from Mk3 and beyond and 4 new characters.
I would not mind them having loads of returning characters, if they mixed up the reveals a bit. Can you imagine the excitement of wondering who the next character will be? Like when the revealed Kung Lao why now show someone new along side him, or at least somebody we didn't see in 2011.
I dunno, maybe we'll only get MK9 character from now on so Ed can keep up his Twitter Trolling... it's pretty hard to get people to make guesses on characters they don't know exist.

In all fairness, Ermac deserves to be here more than a lot of returners. I love Kung Lao, but he like super died.
Same for Kitana.

Yeah, I'm really more curious about MK 3D era characters coming back as well as the new ones.
Though, to be fair, apparently this roster will be as big as MK 9 at release?
Which was 28 characters.
Sooo.
Who knows

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
It's still not stream time yet, so I can still get this out there:

Erron Black
Error Black
Error Mack
Error Mac
Ermac

Erron Black confirmed Ermac

I'm more curious about the guest character we might get
I think Ed Boon said it wouldn't be PLATFORM exclusive, but again, he might be bullshitting us super hard.
What kind of guest could we get that'd be across both them playstations and xboxs?

Well, it could pretty much be anything that isn't console exclusive.
Any violent video game character, or any violent film character (owned by Warner Bros.)

My best guess? An Injustice character.

I wouldn't count on that.
DC is very against extreme brutality against their characters
The cartoon stuff was fine in MK vs DC, but any gore's out of the question.

I beleive Ed Boon said it wouldn't be another Horror character

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
c'mon Troll 2 characters.

Or the turkey from Thankskilling.

I'd also settle for Santa from Santa's Slay

Painwheel
She's the most metal character, so I thought it was obivious

But I don't want Ben to get brutally murdered...

...Cerebella should be the guest character.

Double? She'd be the best choice as far as "can we let this character take morbid damage", and we can repurpose her Monster special into eating characters as a fatality as intended.

I think we'll get more than variations and a new character, but what I can't say. Maybe I'm just an optimist.