• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Doubt goro would be tournament viable. maybe he woun't even work online.

Unless it will be WAAAAY wimpier than the goro from all these old games

When has that ever been the case?
Preorders always relent and become avaialble later, why would that stop now?

I've never heard of an FG pre-order exclusive character.

There have definitely been preorder FG characters in the past.
Exact ones escape my memory at the moment.

What no.
Don't turn my boy Smoke into a robot again
I liked him better as a human.
Yes, please. Smoke is much better as a human.

Robot-Smoke was always in the shadow of Scorpion because of MK 3
in MK 9 they made him so much fucking cooler

Robot-Smoke was always in the shadow of Scorpion because of MK 3
in MK 9 they made him so much fucking cooler
Then Sindel offs him. Like everyone else... in that cutscene.

What no.
Don't turn my boy Smoke into a robot again
I liked him better as a human.
I would like to say that the tweet was something along the lines of: "Don't smoke, use electronic cigarettes."

Also, Cyber Sub was pretty interesting, so.....

Eh, either way I could care less. Goro was always really really butt ugly to me. Never realy wanted to play as him. If I can beat up idiots using him online, I'd be happy too, but either way, he'll be balanced, ya know?

Doubt goro would be tournament viable. maybe he woun't even work online.

Unless it will be WAAAAY wimpier than the goro from all these old games
Of course he'll be balanced! They're really branching out with body types in this one, having learnt a trick or 2 working on Injustice. . I mean the second I saw Torr I thought to myself "Goro will be playable in this one."
That would be complete bullshit if they made a playable "Boss character," I'd lose all respect for NetherRealm

I BELIEVE they even said this game final boss will be playable, because fans didn't take so well to the Goro, Kintaro an Shao Khan fights calling for completely different tactics that underutilized the core gameplay.

That reminds me: Alternate skins Konfirmed.

dundundun.png

Well that confirms it!
Ringabel will be a guest character!
BDFF_Ringabel_Performer.png

They said that the Chaosrealm is one of the AI only invading factions! Havik confirmed!

Last edited:
More updates in the trailer:

At 0:58, you see on the computer behind Tyler Lansdown some koncept art of Kabal.

EDIT: This has been confirmed fan art.

At 2:31, you see on the "member profile": "DARK NINJA: +10% XP for BRUTALITY".

Shout outs to Test Your Might for pointing these nuggets out.

Last edited:
I wonder why there is't a faction for Kotal Kahn's gang, or Mileena's crew. Then again most of the Factions to pick from only include a couple playable characters.

Oh by the way: That was the best MKX trailer yet

I wonder why there is't a faction for Kotal Kahn's gang, or Mileena's crew. Then again most of the Factions to pick from only include a couple playable characters.

It looks like the playable factions are associated with Earthrealm only. I guess this allows other groups like Mileena's Outworld armies, the Netherrealm and Chaosrealm to invade and force all the Earthrealm factions to work together. Who knows? Maybe Kotal's gang will...
end up joining forces with Special Forces
...? (Spoilered for comic story) Also my guess is that factions won't limit your character options, and that they will just be the team you play for online. But if they do limit character options, okay I guess. (Which, btw sounds impractical given that playing arcade ladders adds to your faction score as well, how are you supposed to limit characters at that point?) Then it'll be funny if one faction gets all the top tier characters and another faction gets the shit tier characters.

Faction Kills, huh?
Even if it was vanilla that still pushes me towards Brotherhood of Shadows

Five factions:
  • Black Dragon
  • Brotherhood of Shadow
  • Lin Kuei
  • Special Forces
  • White Lotus
Hmm... I wonder if one can infer more characters along these faction lines? Like someone else to join Cassie Cage in the Special Forces (perhaps a soldier with Jax-like cyborg parts. I wanna see a guy with robot legs). I think I might go Lin Kuei or Special Forces.

So I found the same trailer, but there's something different about the trailer I saw.
I think that might be Sonya
upload_2015-2-6_12-10-18.png

My guess is that it's Cassie Cage's primary costume, whereas the shades one we know from trailers is an alt.

I saw Jax, didn't notice bow guy!
He looks like a scrawny Kotal, maybe we'll see him the next issue of the comic, after all the a teaser image is Kotal hanging with his Aztec bros!

Jade Dekonfirmed.
Pity, I was kinda hoping to see them visit that plot thread at the end of her MK 9 ending.

As long as Kano says stuff like "I'll take care of em, No Charge." I'll be playing this.

Okay last post I promise.
Kitana will have a Jade variation.
[/MEDIA]
I expected something like this, although I was anticipating something more along the lines of Mileena having a Kitana variant.

Rewatched Jax's "death" in MK9, he could have totally survived. The comics have confirmed that much though.
Jade's death was the most clear out of the bunch.
Stryker and Cyber Sub both logically should both have survived. Doubt either will return for MKX though...
Kitana clearly died too, it was all dramatic and stuff.
Can't tell if Kabal died... but I kinda hope he doesn't return. I mean he's alright, but I don't really want him in.
You know what? I should stop trying to work out who survived MK9, because Kung Lao clearly DID NOT.

That being said, Sheeva, Mileena all clearly lived Baraka. I expect Mileena to be in, but doubt the other 2 will return.
Did Cyrax and Sektor survive? Can't remember...

Ed Boon: the master of hype. If there is as much content as MK9, I'm sold.

Last edited:
Rewatched Jax's "death" in MK9, he could have totally survived. The comics have confirmed that much though.
Jade's death was the most clear out of the bunch.
Stryker and Cyber Sub both logically should both have survived. Doubt either will return for MKX though...
Kitana clearly died too, it was all dramatic and stuff.
Can't tell if Kabal died... but I kinda hope he doesn't return. I mean he's alright, but I don't really want him in.
You know what? I should stop trying to work out who survived MK9, because Kung Lao clearly DID NOT.

You missed the part where Quan Chi owned their souls, aka they all died. If anything, they are playing with ressurection and such stuff.

You missed the part where Quan Chi owned their souls, aka they all died. If anything, they are playing with ressurection and such stuff.
OH DOI!
Yeah I was trying my best to excuse Jax being alive, but Christ it makes no sense.
If he was resurrected wouldn't he have his arms back?

Back