• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

They've also been pushing Evil Liu Kang recently.
He turned evil in Shang Tsung's ending in MK 9, he turned evil in the live action series...
And to be honest could you blame him for spiraling out of control for getting such a raw deal at the end of MK 9's story mode?
Again, I found him whiny. Raiden had the events of future known and was taking the steps to stop them, but Liu Kang kept complaining about it. Sure Raiden blundered, but Liu Kang even upon dieing was like "you've doomed us all," despite most of them surviving after that >_>

I just noticed that the 0:26 guy has similar lines on his face to revived Sindel and Kitana.

My theory is that this is Jax and in the first part of the story there will be a fight with Shinnok and Quan Chi, and they will use souls of some of the warriors (Jax, Kitana, maybe Kung Lao) to fight the Earthrealm warriors and after Shinnok is defeated, they will be released. Then the second part of the story 25 years later will start.

Booyah, all the dead characters are revived with no plot hole.

Reactions: BeatNinja

Jason Voorhees confirmed for Kombat Pack. Fitting, but not a character for me, so far no need for me to get the pack. :P

EDIT: Only now did I notice that we have Friday 13th today.

Last edited:
Also Kenshi and Shinnok confirmed:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/13/jason-voorhees-confirmed-for-mortal-kombat-x

Additionally, it'll come with the Samurai Pack, which includes three new character skins: Ronin Kenshi, Samurai Shinnok and Jingu Kitana, as well as an accompanying skin pack with each playable character. This will be available to purchase separately at a later date.

Not much of a surprise, but ya know. :P

As a skin pack for a boss would hardly be worth mentioning, I guess it confirms Shinnok will be playable. Nice.

Never was a fan of Friday the 13th myself (though I gotta congratulate the devs on picking a fitting day to announce Jason), was more hyped when I heard rumours of the Predator being in the game. I wonder if a confirmed Jason means Predator is out of the question, or they can be both in. MK9 already had two guest characters, so maybe?

Jason, Jason, Jason.
I knew this day was coming.
After Freddy Krueger I had a feeling it was inevitable, and given how hard Friday the 13th Has been pushed this year, is it a surprise?

Also, I agree with the idea that the guy in Johnny's trailer was Jax.
Maybe a different design for Zombie Jax?

oh okay
we got Freddy
we got Jason
but we don't got Freddy vs. Jason
i see how it is

Reactions: TechPowah
Liu_kang-289x300.gif

"Remember me? I was sort of the series protagonist once upon a time ago so it would be great if I got a playable confirmation already. I will even settle for going zombie again even if it bastardizes my character."

img3357_01.jpg

"MOVE ASIDE NERD! EARTHREALM GOT THEMSELVES A NEW PROTAGONIST!"

Reactions: Muro and Jutsei
Yes please for Ash, we need the grooviness

Only thing to make it better would be if he was actually voiced by Bruce Campbell

Yes please for Ash, we need the grooviness

Only thing to make it better would be if he was actually voiced by Bruce Campbell
To my recollection Bruce almost never turns down reprising the role.
I think Poker Night at the Inventory 2 was just a general mishap so he couldn't come.

honestly if Netherrealms just made a general horror icon fighting game I wouldn't be opposed at all
You mean like a 100% legal and real Terrordrome?
Because I wouldn't be against that either.
But apparently they're already planning to do Injustice 2 next.

well i honestly like
completely hated injustice
if they just took all the seriousness out of it and just made it a wacky over the top superhero violence game
I'd be more for it, but not all grimdark serious what if superman killed people stuff

Jason's cool though. An obvious choice, but I like him a lot more than Freddy.

Wonder what his variations will be. Not much you can do with a big burly dude with a big burly knife in terms of a moveset.

Anyone wanna bet one of Jason's alt costumes (if any) will be Jason X/Uber Jason?
I mean, it could also be Zombie/Revenant Jason, but, come the fuck on
Mortal Kombat X?
Jason X?
You're missing a Golden Opportunity here!

Reactions: North888
Jason's cool though. An obvious choice, but I like him a lot more than Freddy.

Wonder what his variations will be. Not much you can do with a big burly dude with a big burly knife in terms of a moveset.
Perhaps his moveset is based on the variations of his kills in the many movies he's made major apperances in?

Meat's been disconfimed already, so that joke's already died ;_;

I imagine one will revolve around him having armor to go with his implacableness, one that prioritizes the machete for attacks, and the other for either grabs or strong physical hits.

Wait, what happened to Mokap?

As unlikely as it is, Jason getting a home stage would be sweet

I hear Crystal Lake is nice this time of year

Reactions: Spencer
You mean like a 100% legal and real Terrordrome?
Because I wouldn't be against that either.
But apparently they're already planning to do Injustice 2 next.
fuckin'
ADD
B-LISTERS!
godammit!

bruh they had fuckin F-Listers with the likes of Black Adam and Killer Frost in there, man

PC not getting the shaft on release dates? Might have to preorder it...

360/PS3 release delayed.
That bites, well... now I have an excuse to finish my Gamecube backlog...

Ermac's second Fatality is floatin' around the net. It's incredible. Best character has best Fatalities.

Reactions: Spencer
Ahahahaaa, that was great.

Am I the only guy that finds it...eh?