• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Well to the people who wanted new characters should enjoy that trailer. Also I wonder who this is?
upload_2015-2-27_9-18-22.png

Holy fuck, it's so cinematic, VERY MUCH SO an improvement over MK9's story structure

Pretty sure that's a <seemingly recovering> Mileena

Welp, that a lot of reveals and even more teases. Really hoping they'll show Eron Black gameplay soon (if he has one). The one character that has a chance to get me away from Sub-Zero. :P

He's at 1:26 vs. Scorpion
he's in there

I don't even see Scorpion at that timestamp, much less Eron.

EDIT: Oh I see Eron Black on the right, but cut-scenes don't count. I saw him earlier in the trailer anyway.

Ooooh Jacqui. I'm so gonna main her.

Takeda? Wasn't that the name of the guy who became the bastardized version of Scorpion in that awful live action show MK Konquest?

I wonder if this means this guy will show up too:
Siro_meme.png.jpeg

So I'm guessing Kung Jin is White Lotus? If so, YAY for another Shaolin Monk!

Oh and btw, LOL at people still complaining about the female faces. THEY'RE FINE. I don't see any problems anymore.

Holy Shit that was a lot of new characters, can't say I'm disappointed.
Bow guy being Kung Lao's son I'm fine with.
And Mileena's redesign looks alright.

Story looks awesome, didn't expect the epicenter of the story being a sealed Shinnok.

Bow guy, Takeda? Looks kick ass. Kick decapitation + Triple snipe headshot. God, I think I found who I'll be maining.

Max has a nice concise video pointing out all the quick character reveals:

Getting a SoulCalibur V feeling with the descendants lining up.

Cassie Cage --> daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade
Jacqueline Briggs --> daughter of Jax
Takashi Takeda --> son of Kenshi
Kung Jin --> descendant of Kung Lao (note he isn't listed as "son" or "nephew" but "descendant")

Well to the people who wanted new characters should enjoy that trailer. Also I wonder who this is?

It might be Kitana under some kind of mind control. She's sharing the same yellow veins Sindel has, so Sindel may be the puppet master or under the same spell.

Kitana and Sindel both died and are fought side by side, so I'm guessing they work for Quan Chi as zombies.
Kitana might get to be resurrected, but I hope Sindel stays dead (even though I used to use her in MK9) which seems likely considering Ed said there were only 5 new characters revealed in the trailer.

The young guy wearing yellow who fights Scorpion is Takeda in an alt, right?

Also when are we gonna see some more D'vorah, Ferra and Torr?

man, screw all these new kids, I gots mah purple ninja lady*

wait
Takashi Takeda?
O H S H I T
88205.jpg

J U M B O C O N F I R M E D

I knew I recognized the name! Takeshi Takeda...I wonder if they did that on purpose? I'd assume, knowing Ed, that they did.

Erron Black definitely gonna be a secondary for me. He looks sick. And I love Mileena's new design.

Thought they said no console exclusive thing was going on here? I don't think he's mobile exclusive.

mobile isn't a console obv
I'm trying to say that there's no way they would limit him to just mobile.

Finally MK characters grew a beard. NOW they look fierce

I remember Ed tweeting about the boots/shoes of some characters and I believe I know who they all are.
uC0gAmw_zps63dab2e2.jpg

Quan Chi, Erron Black, Lui Kang, Kitana, Jax, and Kung Jin
Also found more pics and an interesting list.
I guess a guy leaked Kung Jin and Erron Black months ago. He had a list of the (possible) roster, but this could easily not be the final roster and things could change. Just thought I would share what I know.
http://www.gamepur.com/news/18161-complete-mortal-kombat-x-roster-leaked-looks-legit.html

03_mkxleaks04.jpg

03_mkxleaks02.jpg

Last edited:
Finally MK characters grew a beard. NOW they look fierce
Well Scorpion and Sub Zero are also new additions to the beard club, but the more the merrier.

Leaks everywhere today.
Jax, Sonya, and Johnny Cage
11043021_1409187262720166_9147456448083674341_n.jpg

Looks like there will be TONS of characters in story mode, but I wonder how many of them won't be playable...

HEY EVERYBODY, IT'S KENSHI
...But on the mobile version only.
03_mkxkenshi01.jpg
Also I've been against characters returning for the most part, but Kenshi didn't get to be in the MK9 story and I find him a lot cooler after reading Issue #1 of the MKX comics, so personally I'm very on board with him being in.

I really don't know if the info drop was fully intentional but... MY MAN JOHNATHAN CARLTON CAGE IS HERE TO TAKE YOU OUT! TO DINNER!

IT'S NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO VIEWING
ILLUMINATI.
Then I guess it wasn't intentional.