• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Yo I just found this MKX Plot Leak Video:

Still no Jacqui, which I find suspicious.

There's 4 blank slots left judging by the stream. We already know that Jax and Kenshi are in (leaks) so those slots can't all be for the 4 known dlc characters. We'll probably get Jacqui and one other character on disc, some speculate that it's Spawn.

I highly doubt its spawn. Honestly think Spawn is gonna be a dlc/cameo character for Injustice 2. It might make sense function-wise for him to be in MK, but it makes more thematic sense for him to be in Injustice. At least to me, anyways.

As for other characters? It'd be funny if Bo'Rai'Cho really was playable (which I doubt)

and I keep hearing bout Jacquiline, but I haven't seen one shot of her, heard nothing about her except that she exists...was she just a joke to psyche us out of returning Jax? Do we have ANYTHING on her at all?

DLC characters will probably be on additional slots that appear once you have them.

The four remaining slots are gonna be Sonya, Jax, Kenshi, and Jacqui.

The four remaining slots are gonna be Sonya, Jax, Kenshi, and Jacqui.
I completely forgot Sonya is probably in.....but that may mean that the initial roster is larger than we expect. We were already promised an unlockable character (I forget when/where) and I doubt it's Shinnok(though it very well could be....); plus the four you listed would be terrible as unlockables imo. And we already know the roster space is capable of expanding (dlc). I'm not getting my hopes up, though. I could be talking nonsense. I'm happy with the roster and am willing to wait and see.

I too am happy with it. This is honestly what I hope SFV's roster will look like. Plenty of new faces, some classics, and a few characters who we haven't seen in a while.

Reactions: Spencer
I completely forgot Sonya is probably in.....

By "probably" you mean "surely" cause she was in Cage Family trailer, right? :P

Wasn't Cyber Sub-Zero unnanounced until MK9 came out? It could be something like that again. His selectable slot was even hidden from the rest of the select screen.

IGN has released a couple of videos and one of them are Johnny's intros.

"hey frosty, how did you get de-cybertized ?"

"The benefit of Quan Chi's process"

BAM EXPLAINED THAT SHIT REAL QUICK. rip cyber-zero

WARNING WARING GAMEPLAY INBOUND

Wow, Johnny became cooler than he already was. That first 25 was really good, I'm so hyped to see more. Why can't Fujin be playable? ;_; He looks so cool.

I can't wait! This game is gonna be awesome.

I don't have a problem with the roster othen than I think we need more characters. Fujin, Reiko, Frost, Havik... they should at least be unlockable.

Kc7IMLv.png

GGs.
Story mode is over.
Everyone can go home now.

The Briggs Family Trailer

So Jax is copying Beo's normal Grab now too? yeah okay.

taking a look at the story mode where Johnny fought shadow Jax where he did a normal grab and held Johnny in place for a second before throwing him. and now looking at this here trailer we can see Jax grabbing an opponent the same way and just pounding on his face.

Beowulf Alt costume confirmed! XD

Wait, what?
Where the Hell have you guys been?
Jax has had the "GOTCHA" grab since like, the early 90s.
If anything Beo's copying him.

It's not about gotcha grab, it's about the fact that now Jax can hold on to his opponent to do different things, like Beowulf can.

Unless that also isn't new.

Some leaked videos

This one is a HUGE spoiler. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

wow I can't believe that Battletoads made it into Mortal Kombat
those fatalities were vicious

RIP TwistedKombat's Youtube account.

EDIT: LOL that Jax fatality

you coulda totally blazing saddles that Ninja.
I'll give you this for free
FORGET ALL THAT SHIT!
HERE COMES GORO!

That Ferra/Torr Fatality was adorable though