• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

People are calling it T-Wrecks. Or maybe that's what it's called in-game.

How is that gonna look on Predator though?

And Jason. Infact, Scorpion's first Fatality is gonna look weird on him too.

It's been quite a few years since Predators, and even more since a Predator-centric one, so, yeah, pretty much.
Dude needs some practice and this is the perfect place.
They need to get off their ass and make a 5v1 Predator game already.
You got three maps right from the movies.

I want a Kano ashtray in my room, and I don't even smoke, or even play Mortal Kombat!

Reactions: North888 and Jutsei
They need to get off their ass and make a 5v1 Predator game already.

Like Evolve, but with hopefully more than one game mode?

Reactions: Jutsei
Launch Trailer

Reactions: BallotBoxer
It'd be cool if, with an idea like that, the Predator can also take advantage of the environment. Like hiding in a forested area, or setting traps. Basically play cat and mouse like an actual predator.

Reactions: Ktulu and Jutsei
That is exactly what I meant.
No respawning, 5 marines/prey, one Predator, no back-up.
You could also think of it like Arkham Origins Multiplayer with less 3v3v2

Didn't the newest Alien vs Predator game had that mode?

I love the trailer. The way music syncs with visuals is just heavenly.

Did it? I can't remember.
I dunno, I imagine that the Predators stuff would do heavy damage but have a low rate of fire, so you need to be careful.
Meanwhile, Marines have decent damage and better rate of fire so they have something of a chance.

But yeah, great trailer, can tell shit's gonna be fucked.

doubt it.

they probably set up a string of comments for it to go through.

Holy crap was it insane last night into Early this morning.

It is MK Related, cause Maximilian pulled off a Double Boss Rage in a nearly 10 hour long stream that started at 9:30 PST last night.

The easy part was Shao Khan in arcade mode Ladder on the hardest Difficulty (Expert) Took about 30 Min. The hard part took over 7 1.2 hours and 191 Deaths (someone stayed the whole time and kept count) and that was a No Retry 300th Challenge on the Challenge Tower. If you retry it gets easier and easier til anyone can do it. By not hitting Retry and going back to the menu the Difficulty resets to it's original pain in the rear level.

They rotated every 3-4 tries between Max, Kenny and Steve. It took a lot of work, no Retrys once they realized what was going on but they did it. Steve, using Raiden took down the 300th Challenge without a Retry. In the process they hit a new personal record of 13.5 K viewers during the Shao Khan Part of the Boss Rage and stayed on the Front Page of Twitch as the "Currently Most Watched Live Stream" through the entire 300th Challenge part.

Talk about setting up excitement for MK X. Whats even crazier is this was on a Monday Night into Tuesday morning! It would have been even more viewers if this had been done on a Friday or Saturday Night.

For someone working from ki devs, max sure as hell gave some hype to mortal kombat. I like the channel, too bad Skullgirls never actually managed to stick

Max still references Skullgirls occasionally, so there's that. I hope that the PS4/Vita versions brings back some more publicity with some of these big streamers and YT ppl

Whats the consensus on this, I'm trying to decide if I would pre order for goro.

Whats the consensus on this, I'm trying to decide if I would pre order for goro.

If you want an opinion, Ultradavid's been messing with the game a bunch in preparation for commentating Fatal 8. You can read his tweets to see the things he's found as well as his general opinions on the game so far. https://twitter.com/ultradavid

TLDR: he's having a lot of fun so far and he generally likes what he's experienced.

If you want to form your own opinion (err... as "own" as your opinion can be without being able to play the game yet), here's some ranked match footage from people who mom-and-popped the game to play it early. This games looks HELLA fast.

Last edited:
I preordered for one reason (I generally don't pre-order anything). The PC community is generally shafted when it comes to fighters. We either don't get them (BBCP, P4AU, Xrd) or don't get them for a significant period of time (SG, MK9, BBCP...).

The only two I can think that have come out reasonably quick is Injustice (7 month difference between console and PC releases) and SFIV (5 months... but it was on GFWL which is a red mark). While I'm sure I'm missing a few, they are definitely the exception.

So, I picked up MKX. I'll throw money at any fighter that treats PC gamers like first class citizens.

Reactions: dead
Game looks a little faster than Injustice, but not as fast as MK9.

is it really bait and punish, pressure, vortex, what kind of game is it at intermediate/high level? I've only ever played mk9 casually and I liked it, but I don't know how things like the dial a combos translate to higher play. Are there a lot of filler moves? are the footsies deep? Is it reset heavy? Can you covert off any move or are there only certain strings that lead to combos?

I am completely in the dark when it comes to high-level MK play.

I plan to make this an MK9 weekend so I won't be too rusty.

So, I picked up MKX. I'll throw money at any fighter that treats PC gamers like first class citizens.

Consindering they gave the port to High Voltage Studios I don't think this is treating us as first class citizens. With those guys even the game holding 60FPS isn't a given, not to mention proper online.

That's why I'm not only not pre-ordering but also testing the game first to see if it works properly on my PC.

I'm trying to convince myself to buy this game.....

But if I did, the online community would beat me to a pulp.