• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

Freddy I think actually has a fairly likely chance of coming back, especially since WB still holds the copyrights.
If we get good enough DLC sales maybe he'll be the first one after the intiial four?
Freddy would fare a bit better in MK X I feel, since characters talk a loit more, and some of his charm in how much he talks.

I will be waiting for the opportunity.......

Freddy Vs. Jason II. Coming Soon.

I'd say "put Freddy in MKX" but they'd probably fuck him up like they did with Kenshi =/

I'd say "put Freddy in MKX" but they'd probably fuck him up like they did with Kenshi =/
yo, what's wrong with Kenshi?

does his X-Ray have Super Armor
does anyone else's have Super Armor
like legit question here
because holy shit if so
yeah other characters have armor on their x-rays. It's just that Jason calmly walks up to you before smacking you, compared to the other x-rays where they smash you in the face super quick like so you don't really get to see if they have armor.

some meter moves also have armor, erm any meter spent intractable moves have armor as well.

I like Kenshi......
He is badass.

bf3 is -23 (or worse depending on which variation you're in). About half the cast can punish it from anywhere on the screen and another 6 or so characters can punish it from 3/4ths screen away. The characters who can't punish it directly can still run from full screen almost right up to Kenshi after blocking it before Kenshi can do anything else. So as a zoning tool it's no good. db4 isn't a great zoning tool either since it doesn't track running. In Balanced Kenshi has no mixup; in the other variations he some unsafe mixups that require meter to convert off of. So like his zoning is hella unsafe and his rushdown is mediocre relative to the rest of the cast.

Reactions: dekillsage
yeah but did you see how he has Death 13 now?
shit's rad

Kenshi was literally the best thing to come out of the PS2 era.

oh... I thought you meant like non-gameplay stuff.
As a rule it's good to assume I'm not talking about non-gameplay stuff when I post in this thread

Reactions: dekillsage
You can still work with Kenshi if you try hard enough.

People are also hoping that this time they'll use the Likeness of Robert Englund instead of the reboot if they bring back Freddy

hmmm, go the sonicfox route and pick Erron Black.

that or Gorro and do ex rush punch on wakeup.

yo, I better not be the only one who wants a mother fuckin' Jason X costume.

Try hard enough to play a mediocreish character or try hard with a godlike character.
What to choose????
Shao Kahn!!!

Edit: Just kidding, Scorpion.

People are also hoping that this time they'll use the Likeness of Robert Englund instead of the reboot if they bring back Freddy
yo, I could go for Fredschach.

you know, i wish this was Jason's fatality:

where he just lets the opponent takes a few whacks at him before smashing their head off.

yo, I could go for Fredschach.
You're locked in here with me......

Dunno man, depends on the costs.
It costs a lot for licensed/guest characters, right? Perhaps even more so if it's a celebrity voice actor.
That's probably why we'll never get a horror icon fighting game.
It'd literally be so expensive to make, and not to mention once one license dies it'll probably get delisted.

We'll just have to spport the Kombat Pass and DLC and see if that gets us extra dudes.

You can still work with Kenshi if you try hard enough.
What happens if the people playing top tier are also working and trying hard

What happens if the people playing top tier are also working and trying hard
as long as everyone is havin' fun, it doesn't matter who's being played, man

Reactions: Jutsei
as long as everyone is havin' fun, it doesn't matter who's being played, man
Tell that to the spammers online.

Freaking spammers

nah
as long as everyone's havin' fun, playing who they like, and havin' good matches
that's what it's all about

Reactions: Jutsei
idk I think fighting games are more fun when you and your opponent are both legitimately trying to win
Or when you're in the same room

with spectators

idk I think fighting games are more fun when you and your opponent are both legitimately trying to win
that's havin' good matches, man
have fun, play who you like, and have good matches
that's what it's about

I mean if you're still having fun with the single player stuff then you may as well keep doing that until you're not.

My own experience with the online is that you absolutely need to play someone geographically close to you with a pretty good connection. The one time I tried to play randoms I got a match where there dead ass were 3 seconds of latency on my inputs. I would hit kick, count to 3, and then see my kick. When I play @dekillsage it's at least playable if not as good as SG.

There seems to be no real parity between the indicator and the experience either. Green is not necessarily awesome, and most are grey which is just pure guess work. This is all on PC, not sure how it differs on PS4.

So when's Freddy??
Well FNAF 4 WAS announced...

Bad jokes aside, I think Jason looks pretty good.

I play who I want. If they're low tier, I may switch up who I play. But seriously, if you wanna be a low tier hero, go for it, I wish you all the luck in the world. Just don't complain when you try and don't have the tools to win.

I play who I want. If they're low tier, I may switch up who I play. But seriously, if you wanna be a low tier hero, go for it, I wish you all the luck in the world. Just don't complain when you try and don't have the tools to win.
sometimes the low tier heroes are the best.
they have yomi that only a low tier hero can have,.

I wonder if people praise you for mastering a low tier hero....

Then using that character to beat everyone......

low tier heroes are like the normal guy being victorious in a series full of super humans.
he shouldn't be winning, but there's just that tenacity that you can't help but respect.

low tier heroes are like the normal guy being victorious in a series full of super humans.
he shouldn't be winning, but there's just that tenacity that you can't help but respect.
Hmmmm, reminds me of Christian Walker from Powers

it's nether realm's twitch right?

yup it is. okie dokie. give me the knife cause we be carving up some teenagers.

I haven't even ever seen a Friday the 13th
what?
I haven't even ever seen a Friday the 13th
What?
haven't even ever seen
WHAT? >:C

Jason isn't happy. Be careful around lakeside cabins during the night man, he just might drag you off and make you watch some good old horror camp movies.

Jason looks cool. They kept his character very nicely. I'm still gonna wait for a 75% discount for the Kombat Pass. :P

@Jutsei don't feel bad. I didn't see that movie eithers...

...or Nightmare on Elm Street...

...or whatever Pinhead was in.