• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

I just wanna say I really love Relentless just for the sake of Teleport -> EX Teleport
it's like Jason just kind of got confused where he was going and where he wanted to be
it's cute

My Slasher Film Villain Can't Be This Cute

Well, there's this: (TRIGGER WARNING: KOTAKU) https://archive.is/vqJin Personally, I've never seen somebody write something that so completely disqualified their ability to write on a given subject before.

So I was sleeping, what's going on with the PC patch right now. I get that they reverted it, but when is the fixed one gonna be up? In a few days?

Well, there's this: (TRIGGER WARNING: KOTAKU) https://archive.is/vqJin Personally, I've never seen somebody write something that so completely disqualified their ability to write on a given subject before.

to the burning hell. WAS THAT WORTH A GAMING SITE ARTICLE?

Even Kotaku must have a bottom to reach

So I was sleeping, what's going on with the PC patch right now. I get that they reverted it, but when is the fixed one gonna be up? In a few days?
Two Weeks TM

I just wanna say I really love Relentless just for the sake of Teleport -> EX Teleport
it's like Jason just kind of got confused where he was going and where he wanted to be
it's cute

yeah, relentless Jason feels to me like it will be the best one.
and banned for why it is the best.

to the burning hell. WAS THAT WORTH A GAMING SITE ARTICLE?

Even Kotaku must have a bottom to reach
Polygon proves you can always go lower...

So I did a bunch of fatalities on Jason just to see how hilarious some of them look. I got to Sub Zero's spike bed fatality and... just check out Jason's eyeball. It's such a nice touch.

So I did a bunch of fatalities on Jason just to see how hilarious some of them look. I got to Sub Zero's spike bed fatality and... just check out Jason's eyeball. It's such a nice touch.
I wanna see the brutality where Johnny Cage punches Jason in the crotch so hard, that his eyeballs pop out.

Also, Jason's Arcade Ending.
Turns out Jason in the MK Universe is a Revenant
Guess they wanted him to be more Scorpion style Revenant instead of the zombies from MK 9
And why he's got that skin instead of zombie skin

anyone figure out if you can unlock costumes for Jason yet?

that one doesn't count cuz it was shilling for a shitty movie though.

So, anyone hope we'll get more DLC after the Kombat Pass?
Ed was teasing a "Story pack", but...
Guess we'll see how well the DLC Goes, huh?
But I think it's way too early to be worrying about the next DLC.
But after how Jason turned out, I'm very looking forward to the rest.

it's cute

That and his goofy-ass running animation.

So, anyone hope we'll get more DLC after the Kombat Pass?
Ed was teasing a "Story pack", but...
Guess we'll see how well the DLC Goes, huh?
But I think it's way too early to be worrying about the next DLC.
But after how Jason turned out, I'm very looking forward to the rest.

They did seasons of dlc for injustice, so it is possible more will come out. I'm not plugged into the game as often as I would like, but it will be a long time before this game gets boring.

Also, Jason's Arcade Ending.
Turns out Jason in the MK Universe is a Revenant
Guess they wanted him to be more Scorpion style Revenant instead of the zombies from MK 9
And why he's got that skin instead of zombie skin

Same thing they done to add kratos on the PS3 version of MK9

In the comics:

Kotal uses the power of
FRIENDSHIP!

Not kidding!

Correct anatomy:

Happy mother's day.

tumblr_no56fjtNHU1sj938yo1_540.png

Last edited:
well, hopefully the classic reptile will give him a good look for the human reptile fans.

NOOOOOOO! Not my Kung Bosch! DX

I always take Nerfs in games like League as making the character more challenging to play, but ultimately more rewarding.
Especially if you still can do the character well after an egregious nerf.

Of all 6 costumes added to the Kollection, not a single one looks good to me.

Yeah, more costumes added once more.
MK 1 and Brazilian skins, only good one for both is Kung Lao

Also, Tanya's profile is up, so she's definitely the next one.
After her is Predator, then Tremor.

Kung Win hardly nerfed at all it seems, he still has all his absurd tools, overhead flip still safe but not a pressure tool.

I like the approach NRS is taking though, they seem to have identified the characters the competitive community have been discussing (no nerfs to Jacqi, luckily) and are making small but not insignificant changes to bring them in line.

Nerfing Tempest Lao instead of Buzz Saw I find a bit odd though. Kung Win could definitely have done with some weakening to his TOOLS rather than just damage.

Nerfing Tempest Lao instead of Buzz Saw I find a bit odd though. Kung Win could definitely have done with some weakening to his TOOLS rather than just damage.

Tempest got buffed though.

Tempest got buffed though.
I guess it is a berf but

• Kung Lao (Tempest) – Cyclone now has 7 startup frames (up from 5)
is huge. Pretty massive actually and changes other characters a lot too, Reptile's slide/Kano Ball now the fastest punishes in the game I think?

I guess it is a berf but

• Kung Lao (Tempest) – Cyclone now has 7 startup frames (up from 5)
is huge. Pretty massive actually and changes other characters a lot too, Reptile's slide/Kano Ball now the fastest punishes in the game I think?

In exchange, Tempest now gets 40% meterless off of his standing normals. I'd rather have the utility of the 5f spin, but I can understand that maybe NRS doesn't want to give a character with a high damage output the best punish option.

So Shinnok's ground fireballs can now be meter burned on block, that's a buff he got in the patch. Meter burned fireballs are apparently so plus on block that you get a guaranteed f22 from anywhere, which you can then cancel into more fireballs and meter burn those and etc. If you have the damage buff from his Imposter move, this does like half your life in guaranteed chip. Wild. Shout outs to MK9 Quan Chi

LOL is that really a thing and not a mod?

LOL is that really a thing and not a mod?

It is a thing, you need to use atleast two interactables, there are two animations for her brutality to get this one you need to hold down after throwing her. But PS4 only for now, cause they are the only ones with the Tanya Update.