• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Official League of Legends Thread!

Prisceel

Undead
Reaction score
Parasoul Filia Fukua
Thought I'd recreate this thread since we had a good discussion going on on our last one.
Feel free to share your stories, achievements, usernames, etc.

So. How about that new "no IP or XP for Custom games" thing? It makes me kinda sad because I just started playing a few days ago, and I get nervous when playing PVP. (I've only played 2 so far.)

Oh, and my LoL username is Bucky Barkley, same as here.

I suggest playing Co-op vs Ai then, since that's against bots. The people there are usually nice. If you need any help or advice then just let us know!

It's not so much that I'm afraid of losing. It's more of a fear of letting my team down. I think that people are slightly easier to play against because they overextend more. But of course I need to be more careful about gangks and whatnot.

I'm kinda wondering about Wards, though. In the game I just played, I was playing mid-lane Ahri. I felt safe at the beginning of the game, but got a little worried about gangks when we started pushing up the lane. Is there a certain point in the game when I should start thinking about putting down Wards? Or should I start using them from the beginning?

Finally, was waiting for this to return.
I love League, been playing since closed Beta, really enjoy it!

Though last night I had a crashing spree, the only time I've ever crashed was last month, and now this month.
They seem to come in spurts and I dunno what causes it...

@Bucky Barkley : Oh. Oh. Oh. Ahri. So generally you will be pushing the lane as Ahri most of the time, unless you're losing. I'd say that once you've pushed to their tower you should go ward, quickly. On the other hand you could ward while the wave is in the middle of the lane and then use your strong pushing power to push back the wave. Once the wave is pushed up to their tower and you have nothing to really do in lane, I'd either go farm the wraiths or go and gank other lanes that are easy kills. If neither of these opportunities arrive, then I'd stay in your lane and poke your opponent down while they're at their tower. A good thing to do is to stand on the side that you warded. It will give you more time to run away from ganks on the side you didn't ward. Generally, I start with a ward since I'm really scared of things, but if you feel confident that you won't be ganked or can escape from ganks early on, then you could start with an extra pot or something. Try to purchase one or two wards every time you recall, unless you could afford finishing that big item (DFG, Rabadon's, etc). Omg I need to learn to format.

@Jutsei : I think you should try sending another support ticket to Riot, since we're on a new patch. I'd include logs too.

Thanks Prisceel! I'll try that out.

Does anyone play with unlocked camera? I can't because my mouse is derpy, but I heard it's better than locked cam.

I've never played with locked cam, I can't even imagine playing with it.
Unlocked is much better, because you can tell if people are near death or need some help.

I played with locked camera when I started but I felt that looking at other places on the map was really important. I feel like the only one who moves their unlocked camera with my keyboard instead of my mouse.

You can move it with the keyboard? This changes everything.

Yeah. I use the arrow keys. Not sure if you could change that though.

Oh no, I meant this will change my way of playing :p

Just got out of a 1 hour game... It's one of the worst experiences ever lol.

I was Kha'Zix and i killed Rengar to activate the hunt is on quest.

Just got out of a 1 hour game... It's one of the worst experiences ever lol.

I was Kha'Zix and i killed Rengar to activate the hunt is on quest.
Really can't stand League games that last more than 50 minutes.
ESPECIALLY if you lose.
You feel like you lose a part of your soul.

Reactions: Messa
Really can't stand League games that last more than 50 minutes.
ESPECIALLY if you lose.
You feel like you lose a part of your soul.
lol. my soul was crushed after that loss. we were so close to winning.

I haven't played league for about 3 months after my placement series(Silver III). I'll problably start playing again(seriously) in S4.

Well, as long as garen still has that tiny head he will be okay no matter what they change.

PD: Rengar is a miracle of the universe.

I play with locked camera 90% of the time (holding space when I need it) :p

It helps my mechanics a lot. My map awareness is awful but apparently that's not too important as I'm diamond 4. I'm sure if I played anything other than AD I'd have to camera lock way less. But holding space helps me move in between each shot which is absolutely essential to playing AD well.

Reactions: Messa
Man At Arms has finished the weapon of choice that the community had voted for!

Reactions: Jutsei
Anyone know how good Aatrox is?
And why am I not seeing the broken aspect of Riven? Do I suck that much? :(

I got to play him a little.
He's very fun to play.
Lifesteal for days son.
Once you get to like, level 8-ish, the HP price for his extra damage is negotiable

I got to play him a little.
He's very fun to play.
Lifesteal for days son.
Once you get to like, level 8-ish, the HP price for his extra damage is negotiable
I really wanna get him, but no money! I haven't invested enough time into League either since I only play with my friends, and they're seldom online, so I can't buy him with IP yet.

I really wanna get him, but no money! I haven't invested enough time into League either since I only play with my friends, and they're seldom online, so I can't buy him with IP yet.
Basically, what I did was buy both original character packs, and work my way from there.
Bundles really do save you a lot of money.
But if you're going with IP.
Time and patience

Champion themed permanent ward skins currently on the pbe!
WDLSss.jpg

I have the same problem with a lot of characters. I think it's because I don't have a lot of runes or masteries, since I'm a low Summoner level (currently Lvl 9). Attack power and armor penetration bonuses from them probably give Riven a lot of early game power which gets her early kills, letting her snowball from there.

Where do you get ward skins? Those are awesome!

I have the same problem with a lot of characters. I think it's because I don't have a lot of runes or masteries, since I'm a low Summoner level (currently Lvl 9). Attack power and armor penetration bonuses from them probably give Riven a lot of early game power which gets her early kills, letting her snowball from there.

Where do you get ward skins? Those are awesome!
They're usually seasonal.
I think they're still working out their pricing.

I bought Aatrox when he came out and tried him a couple of times before my mouse stopped working (;_;).

-He's great at 1v1
-At early lvls his lifesteal wont save you at all if you opponent know how it works, he has a great dmg at lvl 3 sure, but don't think -that the lifesteal it's everything.
-You get a mayor lifesteal buff when you're below 50% hp, but at that hp a lot of champs can burst you down If they use their tools correctly.
-If you get a ranged opponent he's just going to bully you out of the lane.
-If you actually comunicate with your team, his ganks are awesome.

I seriously think he works better in the jungle, at least I think that place suits him better than top.

But yeah, I don't really know how to use him and I may be wrong in a lot of ways I make his build
, but that's my first thought about him.

Pd: I think im going to start playing again in a few days, If you guys are up for a couple of normals with a guy that doesn't even remember how to last hit, feel free to add me or something. My nick is SmellTheJava.

Reactions: Lumen Fortuna
Thresh has been confirmed to be getting the Championship skin this year!

Bought Aatrox a couple days ago. He's so godlike. 10/10 would E into R twice