• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

my problem with plagues bastion idea is that i disagree with a stationary turret for a DEFENSE character only being an ult that will last like 10 seconds

but who do you think bought more units? the pro players, or everyone else? and don't bring in anything outside like marketing and sponsors. this is purely who made Overwatch the highest selling, being a combination of Blizzard and everyone who bought it.

If you want me to be honest with you, I don't give a shit who bough more units. I care about who knows more about the game. I care about who is better at it, who can play it at the highest level for the highest stakes. Those are the people who should be taken seriously when they make comments on the balance, not randos on forums, not rank 55 scrubs like me, just the people who know what they're talking about.

I don't know I mean I've seen both ways go wrong all in one game, TF2.
Back in the day the Cow Mangler 5000 (one of my fav weapons) got nerfed to the ground. Why everyone claimed it to be OP and valve responded now it's almost useless with all the hidden negative effects it has.
Where as later weapons that the competitive scene complained about got ridiculous changes. The Baby Face Blaster is useless do it's constant nerfing. They fixed a 'bug' with the Righteous Bison to get rid of the 'unintentional' bullet penetration hitting people multiple times (despite it being an actual feature scene it's release) and slowed the projectile speed, making useless even in the game mode where it was most useful and played, MVM. While buffing the pub stomping Phlog, just because of the competitive players not finding a use for it competitive play.
Point is both sides can be bad, we just can hope that Bliz can find a good middle ground that everyone can live with. Less they drive away people from the game.

High level play is important, but remember that high level play differs HEAVILY in a team game from low level play and you HAVE to balance both out to make them feel responsive and good. I will admit high level players know what they're talking about, but you have to address some low level concerns to make it feel better for them so they stay in and feel part of the experience

my problem with plagues bastion idea is that i disagree with a stationary turret for a DEFENSE character only being an ult that will last like 10 seconds
Then have the Ult bar also count as a ammo counter. I mean, McCree has a mechanic where you can save 50 percent of it by cancelling it, why not make it so that Bastion has to use up his entire Ult before he can switch back?

Then have the Ult bar also count as a ammo counter. I mean, McCree has a mechanic where you can save 50 percent of it by cancelling it, why not make it so that Bastion has to use up his entire Ult before he can switch back?
That mechanic for mcree is totally different from what your suggesting. I kinda feel like that defeats the purpose of what hes suppose to be. Again, bastions main priority is that he,s suppose to have that that turret as a means of defending capture points and payloads and even other teammates. Plagues idea of bastion sounds like an offesnsive bastion instead of a defensive one.

Last edited:
Developer Update | Upcoming Season 2 Changes | Overwatch

TL;DW for Dev-Update on S2 changes.

-Skill rating now 1-5000. skill ups/downs are who number changes
-Tiering system (bronze, silver, gold, ect) and can't drop tiers in a season
-End of Season rewards are now based on tiers
-All competitive points are now rewarded at 10x the amount
-Golden guns cost 10x the price
-Coin toss and sudden death is gone -2CP(Assault)
-Will use existing time bank system
-Capping point A in overtime will reward 30 extra seconds to cap point B rather than ending
-Will no longer give a minimum of 2 minutes for next push, pushed down to 1 minute
-Bonus time (up to 1 minute) now given to both teams
-Time Bank system coming to Payloads / Hybrid maps
-Ties can now occur (though very rare)
-Ties reward competitive points though not as much as a win
-Initial hero pick time trimmed
-Must be within 500 skill rating to Queue with someone for Competitive (subject to change)
-Skill Rating Decay
-Skill will decay in Grand Master, Master, and Diamond tiers
-If 7 days of no competitive activity you lose 50 skill points per 24 hours
-The floor is bottom of Diamond
-Must have 50 matches played to be in top 500

Wait, if the output is increased the same amount as the cost… WHY EVEN CHANGE THEM AT ALL?

Wait, if the output is increased the same amount as the cost… WHY EVEN CHANGE THEM AT ALL?

Presumably because people were complaining that they didn't 'feel' like they were making real progress, so they just bumped the numbers up for the people who just like to see numbers go up.

d5bc30b4410118184af2455a8804ef12.png

Developer Update | Upcoming Season 2 Changes | Overwatch

-Capping point A in overtime will reward 30 extra seconds to cap point B rather than ending
-Will no longer give a minimum of 2 minutes for next push, pushed down to 1 minute
THANK GOODNESS. Because it was pure bullshit to play ranked on maps like Numbani or King's Row with how easy it was to capture the first point, resulting in losing matches because of the coin flip then the actual match.

I wonder if Reinhardt will get location-specific lines for this new map?

I wonder if Reinhardt will get location-specific lines for this new map?
Already found some in the data.
The quetion is if will be released with the bastion cinematic, since each cinematic have your own map.
edit: battering ram design is so meh.

aw yeah.

time for them booty dropping in the Castle Stage. I hope it's a Rienhardt Only Stage. Like in TF2 where only melee weapons is allowed for medieval.

So yeah, Genji got the nerf nuke :v

WHO THE HECK IS THE OTHER GUY WITH ARMOR LIKE REINHARDT?!?!

Balderich von Alder

The leader of the Crusaders and Reinhardt's mentor.

Screwattack's Next Death Battle had Tracer announced on Tuesday.

Her opponent was revealed today: Team Fortress 2's Scout.

No surprise. The Scout was obvious from the start since her reveal.

Maybe. Her rewind ability can negate damage back to a certain point, as well as her speed boosts and sticky Pulse Bomb, and she has been though an actual war. The cooldown time on her rewind power as well as the boosts will be considered.

Scout has a larger arsenal (I can see him smacking Tracer with the Fish for a distraction before he brings out a baseball bat) and he is used to sticky bombs due to Demoman. Add in if he downs a BONK! he is temporarily invulnerable for a time. The downside is Scout is used to Skirmishes against 9 opponents who are mirrors of his team.

If Scout can destroy her Temporal Anchor Harness he gets the win as Tracer will become a phantasm once again, fading in and out of our frame of time til she potentally ceases to exist.

Didn't someone do an analysis of who was the faster of the two between Tracer and Scout?

SOMBRA!

SOMBRA!

WHERE ARE YOU, GIRL!?

WHERE YOU AT!?!?!?!?!

y'know, if we can get Blitzcrank's Poro Roundup, why can't we have something like this?

That is very impressive.

Has anyone else been getting really crap games lately. Like one team curb stomping the other, or just both team running around like they don't know what they're doing. Not only that but a lot of the times it's groups of four or five players playing together and like maybe one of them is acts like they know what they're doing.
I know some of it has to do with Season 2 is not out yet and some of the "hardcore competitive" players not taking Quick play seriously. Mostly because one of them said so during one of my games.

Also I've come to really appreciate my knack for not being able to hit shit with hit scan weapons. Give my something with air time and I can hit from miles away. Like I always have more accuracy with unscoped Ana then when I'm scoped shooting teammates and enemies halfway across the map. And I can hit Zenyatta balls fairly regularly, as long as it's not a target taking potshots around a corner.