• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Overwatch Thread

tumblr_o8rx2b7PHD1sn4eavo1_r1_1280.png

Jeff Kaplan made a post on the Overwatch vorums, basically said they're already working on a bunch of things, maps, characters, competitive, but they don't wanna announce anything because he doesn't wanna disappoint people with wait times.

Just had the quickest game in Volskaya Industries. On the final point, the whole enemy except their Mercy was on the point, then i as Zarya, shot my Graviton Surge, drawing the whole team, and i had 90ish energy, plus my whole team was there, and we killed them all and i got a quintuple kill... then mercy arrived and revived them all, but she died inmediatly, and the team died again shortly, because everyone else had their ultras. In short, mercy got the POTG instead of me.

Just had the quickest game in Volskaya Industries. On the final point, the whole enemy except their Mercy was on the point, then i as Zarya, shot my Graviton Surge, drawing the whole team, and i had 90ish energy, plus my whole team was there, and we killed them all and i got a quintuple kill... then mercy arrived and revived them all, but she died inmediatly, and the team died again shortly, because everyone else had their ultras. In short, mercy got the POTG instead of me.
Does the game even track something like Zarya's ultimate when it doesn't even do damage?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

actually Zarya's Ult does 1 point of damage every second. sooooooo yeah it is actually possible to track and to actually kill someone via the surge.

That Video's gone Private so No Go.

Doesn't Lucio already have a gold gun with one of his frog skins? I don't see a reason to get a gold gun for him then unless you really hate the frog skin.
McCree's six shooter looks beaut tho.

Finally got overwatch for the ps4, yay. Add me on psn mates. But for some reason my controller has input lag so I can't play any offensive hero bar reaper. :(

Waiting on that supposed D.Va buff be like...

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vYVpBcUQ4TC5naWYifQ.OSUF3l48Efdhc8EOFCmh-G8K-w8.gif

Torbjorn turret damage reduced by 30% is fine I guess. I dont feel like patching the damage was the solution.

Maybe would've been better if they nerfed the range and lockon time as supposed to the damage.

Last edited:
I would say nerf the range on the turrets. Damage and lock on seem fine

Yea I say nerf the range. Damage is fine for controlling a point or location, but getting outsniped by a turret b/c you can't get a good angle on it beyond 40m is what makes Torb so crazy. Also, I'm finding people don't bother trying to kill the turret even when they play as characters that should beat the turret (Widow, Hanzo, Pharah, hell even D.Va can wipe out a turret nest.)

We'll only see how good this is in practice. Hell, the McCree and Widowmaker nerfs still need to make it through console QA, so we've got that to look forward to as well before or when the Torb nerf shows its face. I can hear echos of '2 Weeks' already...

Reactions: The Dave
You guys know how someitmes Tjorborn is a gigantic dick and puts a turret on the moving platform in Velskaya Industries?
Try two.
Try them Ulting every time we almost kill the turret.
When you run into scumbags who aren't Bastion they tend to be gigantic scumbags.

my only gripe with Torbjorn is that there's not really a targeting sound that the turret makes before it starts firing. so the only warning you get for it is being shot.

like, I'm not asking for a loud sound, just a small yet noticeable beep or something.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Speaking of Torbjorn turret positioning, I find that positioning the turret on the platforms above the capture point A in hollywood is extremely difficult to deal with unless the whole team works together.

We got patches, mostly Competive mode, but...
"When activating Widowmaker's Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, her voice line will now be audible map-wide"
THANKS A LOT I ACTUALLY WAS BOTHERED BY THIS

Ok Banana, the teabag was uncalled for.

I'm sorry. My deep seated hatred of Bastions just runs too strong fam. At least I only do it TO Bastion. Nobody else.

Last edited:
Ok then, when I get the game (going for PS4 Version) and I find you online I will get the drop on you with Bastion then immediately change class.

Guess I'll share a little something.
Apologies in advance for the lack of ingame audio, I didn't record it with the sound on, so I just put some cheap ad-free Youtube music to fill the void.
Man, sometimes I hate the command wheel on console.

Man, I get that the loot box is random. But couldn't they atleast give me stuff for characters I use. I got so hyped to see a legendary skin pop out only for it to be white mariachi Reaper, and I don't even use him. >:/