• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Palettes of Skullgirls

I dont know, Fukua's #5 seems kinda like ashley:
Ashley.jpg

VFOusqn.jpg
1-Original
2-???
3-???
4-Decapre
5-Sektor?
6-Shadow lady ( Chun-li)
7-Akuma
8-Mech-zangief?
9-???
10-Sean?

I agree with most:
1. Default
4. Decapre (Ultra Street Fighter IV)
6. Shadow Lady (Marvel vs. Capcom)
7. Akuma (Street Fighter II Turbo)
8. Mech-Zangief (Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter)
9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers) (should be Lilith's colors, to match the clone motif)
10. Sean (Street Fighter III)

#5 doesn't have enough yellow (and has too much red) to be Shadow the Hedgehog. And too much beige to be Sektor. When I think Sektor, I don't think of the human version. I see the BMX armor robot.

#2 feels familiar. But 2 and 3 might just be Lab Zero just picking colors. Some say it is Mephisto for #2, in reference to the red alt. for Blackheart in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.

I kinda assumed her tenth palette was supposed to be daisy

Since there's a theme of "clone" or "sprite swap" characters, I was guessing at #5

could it be Yumeji? (the ukyo clone from samurai shodown 5?)

Its just a guess

could it be Yumeji? (the ukyo clone from samurai shodown 5?)
Don't think so. Besides, Yumeji became a full fledged character in the last title (one I really liked, incidentally). I miss this series...
Yumejiss5.gif

But then again, as you pointed out, her color map is more limited than the others.

I totally thought number 8 was Akiha Vermillion from Melty Blood, guess I got that wrong.

Fukua #5 is totally Ermac from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. The white eyes and the red and black suit are both signature of the notorious ninja that went from fan rumor, to Midway hoax, to a real character.

Fukua #3 reminds me of those tan-faced group of girls that bully Anri in episode three of Durarara!! but that certainly cannot be it.

5 is Ermac. The green fireballs are a big giveaway.

3 is stumping me. It's familiar but I can't remember where.

Reposting from another thread:

Okay! I think we figured out what all the references for her palettes are.

2 - Mephisto (Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter)
3 - Original palette (Mike confirmed this on IRC)
4 - Decapre (Ultra Street Figher 4)
5 - Ermac (Mortal Kombat 3)
6 - Shadow Lady (Marvel vs Capcom)
7 - Akuma (Super Street Fighter II Turbo)
8 - Mecha Zangief (Marvel vs Capcom)
9 - Brain-swapped Lilith (Marvel vs Capcom)
10 - Sean (Street Fighter III)

Ok, here is Deadpool's design as of November 2012.

And here is the Painwheel palette
Painwheel_Indiegogo_Backer_Palettes_2.png

Where are you seeing the resemblance? Like okay I'll concede that I don't think it's Donovan anymore, but I'm having a hard time seeing Deadpool in this.

Actually I think that's shadow the hedgehog... those gold ringlets and that red downwards triangle ... sorry late to the forum post.

i9ykhbqqOucbX.gif

Gif of a scrapped Cerebella color....

That totally needs to come back.

Anyone want to do the honors and post the new Fukua #11 palette? I would, but currently stuck on phone. Some of her existing palettes received further refinements as well such as #10

Sure, here we go.

KATGviK.png

jbWYslx.png

Surprised there would be two MK ninja palettes, given how we already have an Ermac Fukua.

Reactions: musica
I think it is Mileena, because the fireballs are purple. If they were blue, I would think rain.

Reactions: Shamash-Nui
End1mil_2.gif

Yeah she seems more Mileena to me because she used to be primarily magenta instead of hot pink. Plus the mutated clone of Kitana is a fitting palette for Fukua. Purple fireballs also make sense because Mileena Sai blasts are purple/pink while Rain projectiles is blue.

Is that Fukua color Reptile? Won't be long before she's all the MK Ninjas if so lol.

IS THAT A REPTILE PALETTE

I DONT KNOW WHETHER OR NOT TO USE ERMAC OR REPTILE NOW

Yeah that one is clearly Reptile. Liking the new fireball visual modifications as well.

So many mortal kombat colors......... whyyyyyy
needs more kill la kill colors.

So many mortal kombat colors......... whyyyyyy
needs more kill la kill colors.
Why? Because Fukua is a palette swap. Also many of those MK ninjas started off as either secret characters (Reptile), joke characters (Rain) or hoaxes (Ermac).

Reactions: SmashBlade
Why? Because Fukua is a palette swap. Also many of those MK ninjas started off as either secret characters (Reptile), joke characters (Rain) or hoaxes (Ermac).
And you could consider Fukua all three at the same time.
:PUN:

So are we going to get as many Fukua colors as the rest of the cast?

So are we going to get as many Fukua colors as the rest of the cast?
I would assume all the characters would get the same amount for consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lunerstep and Era
I would assume all the characters would get the same amount for consistency.
I don't know how much time or money each palette costs, so I don't want to assume she'll get the same as everyone else.

Last edited:
I know it's not the true reference, but I always remember her when I see this Parasoul Palette:

ParasoulSamus_zps77390452.png

I know it's not the true reference, but I always remember her when I see this Parasoul Palette:

ParasoulSamus_zps77390452.png
That's a full metal alchemist reference

That's a full metal alchemist reference
Yeah. Blonde/Blue Suit Parasoul is Olivier Armstrong from FMA.

It's the Purple/Green Parasoul that's Samus (Justin Bailey-style)

Reactions: Icky
I really wish this wasn't a coincidence

iPxqWl7kBKXGv.png

tiffany-121.gif

Cerebella confirmed for best character, American hero

Now make Ms Fortune the communist pig pls

Reactions: tehace
Fukua's reptile? There goes my hopes of Eliza Reptile.

Anyone have a screenshot of the new Fukua colors?