• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

considering that Dr. Mario was more just a costume with tweaked stats than anything else, I wouldn't call him "different" in a sense like slapping ridley on charizard would be, or something to that effect

best fake pic of the day
lXcwu3q.jpg

"Pic of the Day. Ridley returns from Brawl! Just like Samus, he is now using his Other M design. He'll appear from time to time on this stage and try to swipe at you from the background. Watch out Bowser!"

Reactions: musica
new project M character guys. . . Ike Climbers

I love how they intentionally gave the idea that Ridley would be getting introduced with a Turbo Tuesday, only to be Samus. That was clever. Plus, the Turbo Tuesday was actually pretty good.

Ike Climbers were amazing. I loved them so much <3
Those grab combos were awesome!

Slippy could possibly become an alt. costume for Fox (without the Star Fox 64 dialogue, of course), but I think the PMBR stated that, with the exception of Dr. Mario, they weren't planning on making alt. costumes that are a different character.
but they did kind of reveal him at the end like pichu last year

zlCfzRuL6KsKcL-Kru

"Pic of the day. The Gust Bellows can blow opponents away with its powerful wind blasts. When someone drops it, though, the gusts run wild! Out of the new items, more than a few will be from The Legend of Zelda series. We'll take the most interesting and straightforward ones and reformulate them to match the Smash Bros. world. "

The Gust Bellows is yet another item stolen from SS!Link. And Toon Link seems to have an invisible trigger for it. :P

Sakurai: Need....mOre...LeGEnD...OF...ZELDA!

Hey, I don't mind. There's a lot of potential with Zelda items.
Let's just hope these replace all the "original" items. I'd even be fine to see the fan, party ball and all that go.

And to be fair, even if you assume the Cucco is an item and that all the Zelda items from Brawl are returning (which thy probably won't since Heart Containers and Bottled Fairies seem to do about he same thing) there's still about 3 more items from the Mario series than the Zelda series.
So it's not as completely egregious as it seems.

Well, we don't know how the fairy functions. I sort of think it might be a thrown item that shatters and then you can run and grab it. Or just throw it at your feet to get it yourself.

Besides, this artwork from early development makes me think it might be back
468px-Super_Smash_Bros_4_Items.jpg

I don't want the Deku Seed back though. That one just felt lazy and small.

Sakurai, I think you should stop with the updates on items for a while since you kept doing that all last month.

Plus I'm getting sick of all of the Miiverse posts begging for another character reveal so just get it over with and update with one already. If only to shut those people up.

That said, I initially thought it was the Gust Jar from Minish Cap and it was replacing Toon Link's Boomerang. I actually would've preferred that to be honest. Anything to make Toon Link stand out a little more from regular Link and not be a wasted slot.

(No offensive to people who actually like Toon Link but I honestly think he's the only character on the roster we didn't need back. Don't hate me for being honest)

Last edited:
Reactions: Smilax
I can understand your sentiments on Toon Link. I like him, personally, but I get what you're saying.

Something interesting to note, are they doing the Super Scope pose? I wonder if that's placeholder or a hint towards it's return. Personally I love the Super Scope and think it's an awesome reference to Nintendo's history. Where's my Virtual Boy lasers or Wiimotes to throw at people and break their TVs?

no man
it'll be like the overflow glitch
it's so bad
that it becomes good
power glove op

Sakurai, I think you should stop with the updates on items for a while since you kept doing that all last month.

Plus I'm getting sick of all of the Miiverse posts begging for another character reveal so just get it over with and update with one already. If only to shut those people up.

That said, I initially thought it was the Gust Jar from Minish Cap and it was replacing Toon Link's Boomerang. I actually would've preferred that to be honest. Anything to make Toon Link stand out a little more from regular Link and not be a wasted slot.

(No offensive to people who actually like Toon Link but I honestly think he's the only character on the roster we didn't need back. Don't hate me for being honest)

I'm hoping this is a joke post because you sound exactly like the whiny kids on miiverse. Please tell me...

Hey, I don't mind. There's a lot of potential with Zelda items.
Let's just hope these replace all the "original" items. I'd even be fine to see the fan, party ball and all that go.
Don't you talk shit about the fan!

Don't you talk shit about the fan!
The fan was quite literally the most useful item in multiman (aside from the bumper) That shit can't go anywhere.

It's a joke on the stupidest character choice from SSF1.
You must really hate pixar if you rate their character lower than not one, but two stereotypically bad sonic the hedgehog OC's...

You must really hate pixar if you rate their character lower than not one, but two stereotypically bad sonic the hedgehog OC's...

Ooh. Right.

I'm being really honest here, they're such bad choices (worse than Mr. Incredible) that I actually forced them out of my memory of that game.

I'm really thankful they did away with all OCs and decided to make it a lot more professional. They've even said the only reason they have the anime characters is because they're already programmed and have interesting fighting styles, but aren't going to add anymore and if they made it now they wouldn't have put them in.

Ooh. Right.

I'm being really honest here, they're such bad choices (worse than Mr. Incredible) that I actually forced them out of my memory of that game.

I'm really thankful they did away with all OCs and decided to make it a lot more professional. They've even said the only reason they have the anime characters is because they're already programmed and have interesting fighting styles, but aren't going to add anymore and if they made it now they wouldn't have put them in.

They at least need to add Monkey D. Luffy. It pisses me off that Super Smash Flash 2 will give Dragonball, BLEACH and friggin' Naruto representation but leave out One Piece for no reason.

Actually, Luffy was going to be one of the first dev-made expansion characters for the game a long time ago, but that whole everything has been pretty quiet ever since.

Exactly. I keep getting told that they were planning it but with a lack of info since then, I have my doubts.

They actually should continue the anime stuff. Not joking.
Just video game characters is great. A crossover between video game characters and anime characters is great. Awkwardly lingering between the two is shit.
Not saying that half the cast needs to be anime, just a couple more. Luffy, and a couple of interesting/fan favorite characters from JUS like yugi, perhaps some custom sprited ones like simon piloting gurren or something?

And to be fair, even if you assume the Cucco is an item and that all the Zelda items from Brawl are returning (which thy probably won't since Heart Containers and Bottled Fairies seem to do about he same thing) there's still about 3 more items from the Mario series than the Zelda series.
So it's not as completely egregious as it seems.
Back in Brawl, Heart Containers healed 100% of damage, not all damage (not sure about Melee). I think it could fit as a mid-tier heavy healing item inbetween the Maxim Tomato and Bottled Fairy.

Back in Brawl, Heart Containers healed 100% of damage, not all damage (not sure about Melee). I think it could fit as a mid-tier heavy healing item inbetween the Maxim Tomato and Bottled Fairy.
It is 100 in melee. Bottled Fairy could heal 150. That'd be cool.

It is 100 in melee. Bottled Fairy could heal 150. That'd be cool.
Cool for you. The moment I start playing with my friends will be nightmare inducing if that's turned on...

oHxOG4w.jpg

UMMMM...GET HYPED?

All the hype. I wonder what it could be though...

I am so ready for Advance Wars or Earthbound news!!..... and disappointment!

In b4 it's fucking nothing.

Reactions: Smilax
Get ready Nintendo fans...you're going to see the revival...OF
Wolf

well the Wii U VC stuff happens tonight
maybe other stuff too?

Update: It's fucking nothing
1gIJH41.png