• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

What about MK8 though? Link por favor?

EDIT: Nvm you guys suck

Last edited:
zlCfzRunBOsVbl0S85

"Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!"

Pikachu players, get hype, the lightning bolt that shoots down for Thunder now Meteor Smashes.

That sounds like a nerf disguised as a buff.

Pikachu players use it to ko off the top of the screen, now it'll just hit them back down.

On the other hand, Pikachus that like being edgewhores by spamming Thunder on players trying to recover might get some help from the Meteor Smash.

Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!"

Yes Sakurai, combos do feel good. Which is why they should be possible in Smash. I hope he's not just figuring this out.

Pretty cool change though, even if it's going to make fucking annoying Pikachu even more fucking annoying.

Feels good, man

PIKA
/
\
/
\
/
\
/
\
Bzzzzzt

Sakurai, it's not a combo if you can dodge it at some point. Gosh.

why are you guys even worrying about combos
not like smash is a fighting game or anything

Oh, I wonder if Thunder being a Meteor Smash means it loses the sweet spot around Pikachu's body?

zlCfzRunBOsVbl0S85
I really do love that they've made the colors for each character much more vibrant this time around. Just look at how much Pikachu and Bowser stand out in this image.

Raiden confirmed for smash?
Revengeance 2 confirmed for Wii U?
Quinton Flynn confirmed for not around when they were being the cast back together?

I was gunna ask if you were sure that he wasn't just talking about Playstation All-Stars, but no that was Quinton Flynn.
Huh.

Really, Raiden as an assist trophy makes a lot of sense (especially cause the WiiU can handle the PS3's Revengence model, unlike the Wii that stutters to hell when I put Raiden over Marth)

As long as RULES OF NATURE plays and he slices through Mega Man and steals his fuel cells

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Revengeance Raiden would be a little strange, but make sense at the same time
unless
REVENGEANCE 2: REVENGEANCE HARDER CONFIRMED FOR WII U
GET HYPE
(I still want Naked Snake/Big Boss playable tho. With David Hayter)

Platinum likes the WiiU. Platinum also should be finishing up production on Bayonetta 2 soon.

But actually, I could see it being a prequel, telling the story that was originally going to be Revengence and then making it backstory, that is, Raiden saving Sunny from Area 51. That'd be cool. Throw in some aliens, maybe add a Metroid-inspired mission WiiU exclusive.

Zelda too
maybe even Fire Emblem for shits and giggles

i was more thinking inexplicable SRPG level
with Raiden's sword replaced with the Falchion and his hair dyed blue

You guys need to read tho. He says the thundercloud meteors not the fucking bolt. Perhaps during the first few frames, the bolt will meteor, though it's obvious that the entire duration after the startup won't be a meteor. So using it offstage would likely not meteor and I'm glad that Pikachu's will no longer be able to use it to kill off the top. Blessing from Sakurai.

I'm worried about combo potential though... If you can fucking cancel hitstun to the extent that it was possible in brawl I'm going to be absolutely furious. That's exactly what made Brawl absolute garbage.

Well shit.

Turns out Langdon WAS confused.

Just like that, the rumor has been squashed. Our good friend Ishaan Sahdev over at Siliconera spoke to Reuben Langdon via email. Turns our Mr. Langdon was actually getting Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale confused with Smash Bros.. This direct quote comes to us via Sahdev.

"Oh, the all-stars battle Royale was the one I was in. Lol! Yep. Totally got them confused." - Reuben Langdon

That's quite a big mistake to make, but at least we have it all cleared up now! Also worth noting, Langdon was actually talking about mo-cap work and not voice work.

I knew it! All-Stars IS a Smash Bros ripoff! Can't fool me!

Has Langdon ever voiced Raiden?

I know I'm late to it, but OH MY GOSH THEY ARE BRINGING BACK MARIO KART 64 RAINBOW ROAD IN THE NEW MARIO KART!!! They totally nailed it with their remix of MK64 Rainbow Road's music! I don't even care that I won't be able to play MK8, I am so happy they finally brought back my favorite Rainbow Road in the hypest freaking way!

Sakurai, if you do nothing else, please use the MK8 remix of the MK64 Rainbow Road's music in Smash 4's Rainbow Road stage. PLEEEEZ!!!

My apologizes.

At least I was able to make somewhat of a connection to Smash with the post ("put dat Rainbow Remix in Smash!"), for whatever it's worth :P

dude the Mario Krat topic is THIS WAY

this thread is now exclusively for complaining about Snake not being back and judging Sakurai (despite his attractiveness)
He's not coming back. It's lost man. It's just too late. There is no return from the lack of MG representation. NO RETURN!

The void is being filled by Bayonetta as we speak.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I can feel it, tonight's the night guys! You know...

The night when Ridley is shown vaguely with no description and then subsequently ignored until launch