• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

But what happens to characters that already have tails?
They have been deconfirmed, taken out of the game, sorry fox. . .in all seriousness I assume it will just be another tail on the tail

what happens if Tails is playable and he gets it
WHAT HAPPENS THEN

what happens if Tails is playable and he gets it
WHAT HAPPENS THEN
Then the deviant art prophecies will be true, the OCs will become canon

Reactions: TailsWorld1
I feel like they were originally gonna do this with the cat suit instead, but decided ZSS in a cat suit would probably push it up to an M rating.

not really
cat suit is for climbing up walls
not too many stages where that's a valid form of recovery
also cat suit is full body and that would be too much work as opposed to ears and tail

Not to mention how modest the catsuit actually was.
Like it was just a kigurumi that ACTUALLY made you look like a cat, if they put that on ZSS it'd probably be more kid friendly than her regular outfit.
And what the hell gives you the idea they wanted to do the catsuit originally anyways, the Tanuki is super recognizable and SM3DW has much more interesting power ups, like the cherries.

pardon you the cat suit is the funnest shit ever
it was OP if you were smart
and it would almost always get you the crown
and the crown was super important

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs

Imagine if they made it into a smash item. Like, whoever wears it has a special ability or something like that.

Yay, Super Leaf! Now every character can be an anthro!

In all seriousness, I wish the clipping on the tail was less egregious, but it's still a nice item addition.

pardon you the cat suit is the funnest shit ever
it was OP if you were smart
and it would almost always get you the crown

The cat suit worked well, but in terms of gameplay it lets you stick to walls.
Which multiple characters can already do.
The cherries would be the cooler smash item.

I'm not saying it would be better for smash
but it is better in 3D World
also the cherries sounds like a programming nightmare, especially for a game already as jampacked as smash bros

Not to mention how modest the catsuit actually was.
Like it was just a kigurumi that ACTUALLY made you look like a cat, if they put that on ZSS it'd probably be more kid friendly than her regular outfit.
And what the hell gives you the idea they wanted to do the catsuit originally anyways, the Tanuki is super recognizable and SM3DW has much more interesting power ups, like the cherries.

Well you can climb up walls, do a swipe which stops you in midair (presumably replacing your b or a neutral), do a swipe on the ground, and do the dive attack. Also it looks silly and advertises their most recent game. The only thing stopping them from doing it is the dev time to make a cat alt for every character.

daily (2).jpg

YES, and NOOOOOOOO
no caption on mii verse yet, but I can't stick around all night to see it so my speculation on what it will say is something like -Oren's from Kid Icarus Uprising appear, watch out as they KO you in one hit-
Though that's my speculation and these things could easily be in smash run or as an assist trophy so IDK if the cation will say anything about that :/.

So much KI:U stuff in this game! Sakurai really likes referencing his own work I guess.

In other news...

tumblr_n4rvltFeSs1qixsfqo1_r1_500.png

So much KI:U stuff in this game! Sakurai really likes referencing his own work I guess.

In other news...

tumblr_n4rvltFeSs1qixsfqo1_r1_500.png
HEELS? WHY THE HECK WOULD HE WEAR HEELS, THOSE SEXIST PIGS! HOW DARE THEY OVER SEXUALIZE WARIO LIKE THAT [/rage]

HEELS? WHY THE HECK WOULD HE WEAR HEELS, THOSE SEXIST PIGS! HOW DARE THEY OVER SEXUALIZE WARIO LIKE THAT [/rage]
Did Wario's boobs get bigger?

Also pic of the day looks like smash run

Sakurai said it would be even more devastating than the ultimate chimera.

That's...pretty powerful...

The Miiverse description doesn't really specify whether it's Smash Run, an Assist Trophy, or other.
Just that it's "more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera".

We do see some red in the background. Though it might make the screen change color, so identifying where it could be based on that may be faulty.

It could be a part of the reset bomb stage

The Ultimate Chimera was mentioned in text only, and not even in reference to the new game.... I'm satisfied with the Smash Bros news this week~!

Oh snizity snap. Can you imagine if it's an Orne event in Smash Run?

"All enemies transformed into Ornes! RUN AWAY!"

That said, they were really slow in KI:U and their hitbox was pretty small. Like only the actual skull in the middle.

But can we kill it?

NOPE.
Only Pit's final smash can.
The Three Sacred Treasures (and maybe the GST) is the only thing canonically powerful enough to kill them in the KI Universe. Would be cool if it was the same thing here.

Sakurai said it would be even more devastating than the ultimate chimera.

That's...pretty powerful...

I question the logic behind that comment. The Ultimate Chimera was essentially a one-hit kill in Brawl. It's impossible to be any stronger than that.

I question the logic behind that comment. The Ultimate Chimera was essentially a one-hit kill in Brawl. It's impossible to be any stronger than that.
Does its presence ko then?

If it hits you it corrupts your save data.

well considering the ultimate chimera needed to bite you (as opposed to simple contact) and could be killed
i imagine the orne could be wholly invincible and instant death touch

Well, Ultimate Chimera's attack had a rather predicatable knockback angle so you could easily just tech that shit. Perhaps he means that with this guy it won't be so easy?

imagine if it didn't even launch you
just touch the orne and BSHOOOOOOM

imagine if it didn't even launch you
just touch the orne and BSHOOOOOOM

That'd be stronger for sure.

Ooooh kinda like being smooshed by a wall in SSE? That would definitely be funny :P

Ok guys, forum game to add participation. Also because I saw it somewhere else and the end roster was lol worthy. We're gonna make a dream roster! The roster can be no more or less than 20 characters, each post adds a single character and it becomes the final roster of the game. Only rule is that you cannot double post and I'll start it off.

1. Mario

1. Mario
2. Little Mac

1. Mario
2. Little Mac
3. Bowser Jr.

1. Mario
2. Little Mac
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Colonel Sanders (KFC)

1. Mario
2. Little Mac