• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Not a big fan of how much more sexualized Ike is in Smash 4. Less clothing, more muscles... great job promoting Male Body Image, Nintendo.

Hey if gets people to shut up about the lack of same sex marriage in Tomodachi.

as a man of ambiguous sexuality, I can say that I, for one, welcome our new bara overlords

No no it's fine because it's a white man of average class. Everyone knows those can't be oppressed.

Alright! Ike was one of those ones we thought was on the choppin block yes? Looks like he had to fiht his way out of that pit of despair because he's fuckin ripped! Anyways, I see a pattern going on here. We have the Shadow Dragon design on Marth, and the Radiant Dawn design on Ike, that must mean we'll get a character to represent a design in Awakening. So logically, it'll be this one:

Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Roy.png

We get ike but not chrom......
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!?!!

Alright! Ike was one of those ones we thought was on the choppin block yes? Looks like he had to fiht his way out of that pit of despair because he's fuckin ripped! Anyways, I see a pattern going on here. We have the Shadow Dragon design on Marth, and the Radiant Dawn design on Ike, that must mean we'll get a character to represent a design in Awakening. So logically, it'll be this one:

Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Roy.png
What the fuck ROY STOP YOU CAN'T BE THIS HOT NO.

Reactions: Rellek
Kojima is always laughing his ass off
even when it doesn't look like it, you can just tell he's cracking up on the inside

Kojima made a whole fake game company to hide MGSV's existence

Laughing and saying he doesn't know about Snake means jack shit.

For all we know he could be playing us like a trumpet.

Not a big fan of how much more sexualized Ike is in Smash 4. Less clothing, more muscles... great job promoting Male Body Image, Nintendo.

Yeah, he's definitely more smexy now.

tumblr_n3sbggSUjB1qhfhrgo1_500.png

Also, this sums up my thoughts on Ike's return.

Reactions: musica and Hemijack
I find hope he gets the blue fire from the final cutscene of Radiant Dawn though
It would make his moves have a bit more punch, if you ask me (since blue fire is hotter, like RD Ike)

I dunno, I feel like getting Solid Snake back would pretty much require them to hire David Hayter for the English voice... which would be really awkward because he got shafted for Big Boss' voice in MGSV.

Nah, the fire is red during the normal Eruption, but when fully charged, turns blue :O

I dunno, I feel like getting Solid Snake back would pretty much require them to hire David Hayter for the English voice... which would be really awkward because he got shafted for Big Boss' voice in MGSV.

It does make sense though, cause Big Boss in MGSV is old and possibly not even Snake, but Decoy Octopus or something.

Hayter will be back for younger Snake, mark my words.

just have a new completely original character, with Snake's moveset, who just happens to be voiced by David Hayter

we can call him Iroquois Pliskin

Now that I think about it, Ike has a rather niche role in the game as the heavy weapon slinger. You would think that DDD has the hammer and whatnot, but he's more of the comical boss type role. Taking out Ike would remove that character that just completely owns while standing completely still :P

Another reason the main unit from Awakening would be a great addition is, given with what they did to the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager, they can have both sexes meaning we can play as either a male or a female version of the main unit just like in Awakening.

Reactions: Hemijack
Aaaand there's a varied moveset potential. Axes, swords, magic and other classes are possible in the moveset.

well assuming that they would keep it to Tactician/Grandmaster
It would just be Sword n Magic
which is definitely enough to differentiate Robin from Marth and Ike

I´m dissapointed of the internet lol
There is no cool Ike Smash 4 fanart yet ):
Still I can't wait for E3, Smash hype!

I hope that home-run contest comes back, so we can see even more world records like this!

I´m dissapointed of the internet lol
There is no cool Ike Smash 4 fanart yet ):
Still I can't wait for E3, Smash hype!
Cool your jets. He's only been known to be in Smash 4 for about a day. The fanart will come.

Cool your jets. He's only been known to be in Smash 4 for about a day. The fanart will come.
People where so really fast beforeee WHYyy

j/k I know but I got hyped due to RADIANT DAWN IKEE YEAAAHH!!
Please FE fans forgive me I sold that game awhile ago and it pains me so much ):

Last edited:
The only thing I will say is, if it's legit, I love that the series crests are in a little space beside the character instead of just hiding behind them where you can't see.

It doesn't have Zero Suit Samus or Shiek? That's strange.

Those two characters would probably be the two that people wanted to see the most because of their tweaking.

i
don't like that whole "locked characters appear as locked" thing
i like what melee and brawl did with the roster just becoming bigger and moving into place with each unlock

I'm pretty sure Melee was more half and half. There were some lockable boxes in the beginning, but there were also some characters whose boxes added onto the roster.