• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Might be a little too late for her now. Besides, assuming that Ganondorf is coming back, we already 5 Zelda characters as it is. Maybe for Smash 5 she can replace Sheik.
It wasn't too late for Roy. Hell, he was EARLY. And I can confident say we'll likely get 6 Mario, Pokemon and Zelda reps. No doubt.

If that's true then it better be optional. I don't want to have to dish out additional money for these things if I don't have to.

So when's the next time we can expect big news? E3, or is there going to be another Direct before that? Will the tournament be streamed?

Uh-oh... It's something we don't want in the game... You know what that means....

So when's the next time we can expect big news? E3, or is there going to be another Direct before that? Will the tournament be streamed?
E3, and there we will be given a 90-minute Direct fully dedicated to Smash 4.

And yes, it will be streamed on Nintendo and Twitch

Um...then you pick the red color yourself?
Keeping track of myself isn't the issue, the issue is distinguishing who is who in a cluster.

Well, they probably still have the darker/lighter palettes for multiples of one character with the same color, it's just that they're gonna add the team outline on top of that.

OH SHIT, SON!!!

main.png

zlCfzR9PiBEhcvGQjf

"Pic of the day. Ike, the swordsman of magnificent strength, joins the battle!! Strike your foes down with his powerful smash attacks."

zlCfzR9PiHwo_6Htoe

"For this game, Ike's design is based on the hero that appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. His sword deals heavy damage in Smash Bros., so this design suits him very well! Rest assured, he can use Aether as well."

What.
No..
NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Damn it.
I hated fighting his ass.
Oh well, at least he looks cool

My sentiments exactly, at least this time I can believe him killing others in only a few hits with how jacked he is now.

This honestly throws who is getting cut into question.
If Ike is coming back then I just don't fucking know anymore.
That dispelled the whole "seasonable FE" thing out, so now we don't know if we're getting Chrom (I still think we are though)
I think someone on Smash Boards said a long time it's more like Sakurai's more afraid of throwing out movesets.
And there really isn't anyone else Ike's moveset can go to aside from Magnus, but he's not as memorable as Ike, apparently.

I still think Snake and Lucas are in the most danger of getting snipped, though

Ike

Oh right, I forgot about smash updates. Cool to see Ike back. More importantly, alt costumes for villager confirmed?

This honestly throws who is getting cut into question.
If Ike is coming back then I just don't fucking know anymore.
That dispelled the whole "seasonable FE" thing out, so now we don't know if we're getting Chrom (I still think we are though)
I think someone on Smash Boards said a long time it's more like Sakurai's more afraid of throwing out movesets.
And there really isn't anyone else Ike's moveset can go to aside from Magnus, but he's not as memorable as Ike, apparently.

I still think Snake and Lucas are in the most danger of getting snipped, though

Snake and Pokemon Trainer only, hopefully.

Beefy Ike is beefy. I wasn't sure he'd be returning, what with Chrom and all, but I definitely wasn't expecting them to go for the Radiant Dawn look this time around.

Well.....he came out of nowhere. Wait does this mean no Wario reveal next Friday? You'd think he'd save something special to hype up Mario Kart 8's release.

EDIT: So is he still going to have his same VA from Brawl?

"I fight for my friends."

Now that Ike's in, I honestly don't want Chrom at all. I'd much prefer Robin instead, simply because he's a magic user.

Reactions: LordTerminal
I much prefer Robin or Tharja to represent Awakening.

I still vouch for Henry as Awakening's representative.

Greatest Bryce Papenbrook role ever.

Reactions: Hemijack
Oh, just noticed he still has Ragnell. Is that just the only sword he has?

No but it's the most powerful sword he has and the one he's most significantly tied to, especially story-wise. It's like its his trademark weapon.

Oh geez.
Ike, buddy, you been working out?

Ah, it's me Fire Emblem main.

Welcome back man. You're no Hector, but maybe his normals would be like yours.

I do hope his classic costume is available, though.

I mean, it's different enough, but also iconic to him.

If Wireframe Mac can be in, Path of Radiance Ike can be too.

Just so long as we don't get this shit

20130503233759!Ike_DLC_Awakening_Artwork.jpg

I want Vanguard Ike
it's the more reasonable alt costume choice, if you ask me