• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Heresy.

Also I'm pretty sure at this point Ridley will be unlockable and not get a trailer.
I think pretty much every villain in Smash Bros bar Dedede has been an unlockable character
Bowser.

the next character is a krookodile that appears beats a player to death..and if it succeeds it beats another player to death musing moxie.

or captain n.

or cliff from earthbound.

or a goomba.

or captain toad.

or anthony higg remember me guy.

Heresy.

Also I'm pretty sure at this point Ridley will be unlockable and not get a trailer.
I think pretty much every villain in Smash Bros bar Dedede has been an unlockable character
But we've had tons of unlockable characters revealed beforehand? I mean it's possible but it's very wishful thinking. If he's in there's an overwhelmingly higher chance he's getting revealed before the game comes out.

I think its a forgone conclusion that a few vets and the gematsu characters are next minus snake, ivysaur, lucas, and squirtle.

The more interesting thing to discuss is what or who exactly we would get as dlc on a second round based off of the third quote from gematsu. Based off Sakarai quotes the main game will be done first..but the expansive nature of the current and past smashbros rosters does narrow us down quite a bit leaving some clear cantidates and very obscure choices left in the catalog.

weird how everyone is still singling out lucas when just about everyone who was thought to be on the chopping block is back in

lucas is the only character singled out by gematsu as a cut.

Played Project M with muh Bioware coworkers today at lunch.

Got my ass handed to me. Serves me right for playing Brawl as of late. Was fun though.

Got a crazy 3-man KO with Bowser's Down B.

the next character is a krookodile that appears beats a player to death..and if it succeeds it beats another player to death musing moxie.

or captain n.

or cliff from earthbound.

or a goomba.

or captain toad.

or anthony higg remember me guy.
I'd love for a mechanic like that; Beating a player grants you a boost until your death.

Actually, I have a neat idea for a Jigglypuff custom move.

Basically it's a modified sing that doesn't put opponents to sleep, but if she gets hit during it, she counters with a sharpie and drawing over the opponents face (obviously does damage)

tumblr_lr9181XLu61qztwte.gif

Cause you interrupted her singing. You're dead son. Yo dead.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Actually Horseman, yeah I guess that is a bit too negative.
It's definitely possible but you're probably better off not holding out on hope for a Ridley trailer.
I mean I'm honestly hard pressed to think of what you could do for that trailer.

But Ridley already had his spotlight. Granted, he only had a shadow when he was revealed as a boss, but it's there!

kishimoto animated assests for next reveal then maybe?

I'm more surprised at the fact Kishimoto is fucking just as hyped as everyone else.
I don't think this is a sign Naruto is in.
People are seriously thinking this is a nod to Naruto being in? The world has literally gone mad...

Their logic is that Ganbarion developed and Nintendo published Jump Ultimate Stars, making everyone in it a Nintendo character.

Strangely, the same logic actually got Hamtaro a mention in Brawl.

well duh. I'm more entertaining the possibility that we we might get some sort of weird art asset or character design.

Or he could just be hype for Smash Bros.

No, that's just unrealistic.
Clearly he's trying to tell us that the entire cast of Jump Ultimate Stars will be a playable character in Smash 4.

yup can't wait to play as bobobo. Definitely a better character than the entire announced roster.

Their logic is that Ganbarion developed and Nintendo published Jump Ultimate Stars, making everyone in it a Nintendo character.

Strangely, the same logic actually got Hamtaro a mention in Brawl.

So why is it always people gravitating towards Naruto and Goku with those rumors w/ that logic though? Where's my rumors for Bobobo (and Don Patch) and Monkey D. Luffy?

Also I'm going to say that Super Smash Flash 2 probably didn't make things any better either.

Reactions: Jutsei
Because they're the most popular characters in all of Jump's catalog, and roster choices are normally popularity contests.

Hmm, it does seem curious how they're going about this reveal. Like, they've always have just been all "make sure you watch the upcoming Direct, wink wink nudge nudge" or do the whole "before we start/go, look at this." Never have they just straight up told us point black "Hey guys, we're giving you a new character" before.

Something tells me we're either getting a 3rd Party or a big-name Nintendo character celebrity.

Ooh, here's something else. When they do the reveal will be July 14/15th, more or less the Famicom's 31st anniversary.

It'll probably be our WTF old-school character for this game.

When's Simon Belmont

Why didn’t I think of it, that would be perfect!

A Belmont would be awesome in Smash.

Hang on...
111065_ctrp_ax_scrnbt7pqpk.png

3DS Final Destination? Or, it even looks like Brawl Final Destination is a 3DS Past Stage?