• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I'd expect one in December. I dunno. My gut tells me we're gonna get a gift from Sexy-rai himself on the 25th or so
Our Gift for Christmas during Brawl was Super Sonic, despite the fact we already saw it in action a few weeks ago.
So be careful.

Our Gift for Christmas during Brawl was Super Sonic, despite the fact we already saw it in action a few weeks ago.
So be careful.

Hey, I couldn't ask for a better present
cause I main Sonic
good god do I love that blue hedgehog

God we're getting so hyped over speculation for the 22nd....watch Sakurai troll us hard.
This is probably our best chance (though still a super slim one) of getting a newcomer this year. So if we don't get one on Friday, I'd say don't expect one until 2014. Good chance for a veteran though!

Expect nothing, and everything more is a pleasant surprise.

So, guys.
I went back and watched all five Smash Bros 4 videos because I'm hype.

I don't think the fact Bowser is more Bowser this time, and less dinosaur turtle monster thing is appreciated enough.
Think they'll change his Final Smash to something else this time?

New Bowser is honestly one of the best things. His new stance is AMAZING and I really hope this makes him a better character.

I don't think they will, but if they do, they'll redesign him a bit to fit in more with how the colors go.
But actually, they might change it. Change it to something Bowsers Inside Story related maybe. Hmm.

New Bowser is honestly one of the best things. His new stance is AMAZING and I really hope this makes him a better character.

I don't think they will, but if they do, they'll redesign him a bit to fit in more with how the colors go.
But actually, they might change it. Change it to something Bowsers Inside Story related maybe. Hmm.
He'll obviously turn giant in the background and will basically become Zeus' Level 3 Super in PSASBR.
Just without the instant kills.

dont bring up psasbr

so much lost potential
so much that should have been

REGARDLESS the music a day thing really opened my eyes to a lot of awesome music. I've planned to not repeat a stage until I go through them all so I CAN'T forget to do one.
Though music for the Wii Fit stage might be hard. I might have to dig into the Wii-Games library for that.

Do not forget all things are subject to change.
But I would be fine with her being decently fast.
She is pretty fit after all.
Well isn't she basically gonna replace ZSS? (or atleast that's a rumor I heard anyway) and ZSS had one of the better running speeds in the game being in like the top 5 or so.

You guys are silly if you think ZSS isn't going to return.

I can't see ZSS being replaced. As another Metroid rep technically, a full new moveset and having seen the Samus's FS already being unchanged, I can't imagine her being replaced.

Also Music of the Day. A very nostalgic one to when I first got my DS.

She's also fun. Though, the Trainer and ZSS will be very similar, you know this, right?

She's also fun. Though, the Trainer and ZSS will be very similar, you know this, right?
I fail to see how.
ZSS has her whip and gun. She attacks with CQC and weaponry.
WFT has fitness supplies, a soccer ball, hoola hoops and attacks only via Yoga poses.

That's like saying Peach and Zelda are very similar because they're both princesses who get captured every game.
Just because they share similar body types and have some sort of similar attributes does not mean they are similar.

Like, I'll give that Mario/Luigi, Toon Link/Link are similar, yes, but these two are not at all.

Ah blast, I didn't know that stuff nor make myself clear, sorry about that. I sorta meant speed wise they appear very similar.

I just found this, I never watched it before

Woah woah wait... 5:28... Is that a pivot grab? Holy shit lol.

So today's screen shot was very pretty.
But hoooooooooooooooo boy.
The SSB 4 Toad Brigade basically got dealt a death blow.
Reading the support thread on Smash Boards was depressing.
It was almost like attending a funeral.

IIRC, the WFT replacing Zero Suit Samus rumor arose out of WFT having a backflip that uses the exact same animation/pose as Zero Suit. Which is worrying.

I hope it's not the case though; ZSS is one of my mains and pretty awesome.

Poor Toad fans though.

gkNdR76.jpg

I'd totally be down for this to replace Wedding Peach.

I'd totally be down for this to replace Wedding Peach.
OT, but I really like how Peach puts her hair in a ponytail and then wears a long frilly dress anyway.
It's like she was getting prepared to go on an adventure and stopped half way when she realized she would have to change clothes.

I hope they put in Fire peach too. The colours would compliment the style of the game this time around moreso than the wedding dress. That seemed to fit Brawl better because Brawl's graphics focused on details.

Apparently Reggie teased at GTTV that Nintendo might be at the VGAs (or VGXs rather) this year. Knowing that Nintendo has a tendency to avoid the VGAs, any reason they have to be there is probably HUGE.

Smash reveal maybe?

Well there you have it guys, no more useful info till December let's wrap it up and go home.

Well I guess I was right...fuck.

*Totally saw this coming and isn't disappointed in the slightest*

When will you guys learn?

Reggie said they're making two big WiiU announcements at the Spike Video Game Awards on the 6th. One uses NFC and ISN'T Pokemon Rumble and the other is something not announced yet.

We'll wait for that I guess.

Edit: totally missed @Nap1400 's post

Last edited:
Apparently Reggie teased at GTTV that Nintendo might be at the VGAs (or VGXs rather) this year. Knowing that Nintendo has a tendency to avoid the VGAs, any reason they have to be there is probably HUGE.

Smash reveal maybe?
Somehow I thought Nintendo was never there because they were above such a shitty awards show.
Either way, is a smash reveal so "huge" that they'll break a nice trend of not going to the spike VGA's to tell us about it? I would at least expect an actual game reveal.
I just hope to god that Reggie himself isn't there. They would take all the jokes about him, like the whole "My body is ready" thing, way way way way way too far. And then they would keep going until I vomit every time I see an image of Reggie's face out of habit.

Somehow I thought Nintendo was never there because they were above such a shitty awards show.
Either way, is a smash reveal so "huge" that they'll break a nice trend of not going to the spike VGA's to tell us about it? I would at least expect an actual game reveal.
I just hope to god that Reggie himself isn't there. They would take all the jokes about him, like the whole "My body is ready" thing, way way way way way too far. And then they would keep going until I vomit every time I see an image of Reggie's face out of habit.
But those are so fucking funny...

But those are so fucking funny...
They're funny now.
You want to trust the show that thought having some guy get tea-bagged live was funny to not fuck it up in the worst way imaginable?

They're funny now.
You want to trust the show that thought having some guy get tea-bagged live was funny to not fuck it up in the worst way imaginable?
I don't take myself that seriously. There's other things in my life besides a VGA mess up, I'm sure I could handle it. The point is to enjoy it while it's enjoyable.

Hey how about some fucking kick ass music to cleanse our palette and backs of our necks

This song reminds me of like, Chrono Cross and older Squeenix RPGs. Amazing song, horrible boss.