• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Wow, that looks great.

I was going to say the exact opposite :P

I mean, this UI style looked fine in the last four games that looked almost exactly the same, but this time...I dunno man. The size and shape of all of the UI elements as well as their relative positioning just doesn't look all that good to me. The overall composition and flow of the top screen comes across as somewhat clunky and cluttered imho. But whatever, I can live with it. The bottom screen is kinda neat though.

sakurai always puts them in size order depending on importance
like always
ever since, like, Air ride
that's how his menus worked

Yeah, I know. That's like, GUI 101 right there.

Having variable sizes and shapes is fine by me, and if done correctly it makes for a really interesting, compelling, and intuitive UI. It worked for Air Ride, Meteos, Brawl, and Uprising.

All I'm saying is that I don't like it this time around. The composition and overall spacial qualities of the various buttons is just awkward for a number of reasons.

Well, Smash 3D IS on a smaller screen than they usually work with, KI:U nonwithstading. There was a good chance there had to be some squashing somewhere.

Cool, looks like we're sticking to the Brawl Menu design. I'm a fan of Brawl's menus so no complaints here.

Yo that fucking Wii U button though.

Iwata confirmed the two versions would have some sort of interactivity in the same paragraph he confirmed the game would be made for both 3DS and Wii U. The question is what kind of interactivity are we talking about?

Wisp from Animal Crossing GNC can appear in the Town and City stage at night!!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME

Wisp.gif

Oh man, this tourney shows once and for all that Bowser is finally the huge brute character we've been waiting for ever since DK put a little more emphasis on his speed and Ganon and Ike were too slow to really take the title on themselves. And it also fits his "King of AWESOME" super-jock personality they've been giving him lately!

Never change, Nintendo
cit_FotNS_-_manly_tears.png

Oh man, this tourney shows once and for all that Bowser is finally the huge brute character we've been waiting for ever since DK put a little more emphasis on his speed and Ganon and Ike were too slow to really take the title on themselves. And it also fits his "King of AWESOME" super-jock personality they've been giving him lately!

Never change, Nintendo
cit_FotNS_-_manly_tears.png
True thugs never die

I wish we got a more fun bowser in smash bros
I mean Sm4sh Bowser isn't as much of a fart-propulsed faux-Godzilla
but he still has the dino voice and stupid Giga Bowser

baby steps, I guess

Back