• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Or y'know, if Sakurai reveals another character and their render turns out to be a match for the one that was seen in the leak.
Even if that happens, people still wouldn't believe. You know like with the Famitsu scan.

of course, a matching revealed character might just not have a matching render
which would be pretty amazing

of course, a matching revealed character might just not have a matching render
which would be pretty amazing

Why?
Like, oh geez guys, Ness and Ganondorf totally aren't gonna be in the game unless this leak is correct.
Like really, the next veteran revealed will pretty much cause this thing to sink or swim.

Now to hope it swims.

FOR THE DOGGY.

Why?
Like, oh geez guys, Ness and Ganondorf totally aren't gonna be in the game unless this leak is correct.
Like really, the next veteran revealed will pretty much cause this thing to sink or swim.
I want this leak to sink to the bottom of the ocean and rot forever eternally while fully conscious like Bootstrap Bill Turner

I want this leak to sink to the bottom of the ocean and rot forever eternally while fully conscious like Bootstrap Bill Turner
I'm with him...

LET THIS DROWN!

I really don't believe this leak.
Like at all.
I mean, there's a lot of evidence pointing towards it being fake, but I wouldn't say any of it is quite definitive (I think, I just got back from a place with no internet, so I haven't seen all the arguments for and against this thing).
But if it was real I'd have to respond to it with a resounding,
eh.
The lack of Ridley is a bit disappointing, but I'd be fine with the roster.
'Cept maybe that Duck Hunt Dog, that's kinda fucking stupid.

Reactions: Hemijack and Jutsei
Don't you have a Samus controversy to complain about? KEEP MY DOGGY OUTTA THIS.

Reactions: Hemijack and Rellek
Even with all the evidence presented that this is fake, I'm not taking any chances and gonna believe it's real until Sakurai himself posts something that says otherwise.

I've danced this dance twice before when it comes to ridiculous Smash leaks. This thing has all the signs. Granted other Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Falco, Toon Link and Jigglypuff, I've got no complaints w/ this line-up.

Why?
i mean if G-dorf and SNES get revealed but the renders are notable different than the ones shown in the supposed leak

Don't you have a Samus controversy to complain about? KEEP MY DOGGY OUTTA THIS.

Oh yeah.
That's a stupid thing that's actually in the game.

Like, honestly, I have no problem with the costumes themselves, they're about as sexual as the Zero Suit is (and apparently have special sock-holes just for her boobs), but they really highlight how much poor Samus is being contorted in this game.
Maybe if she was like Midna or Bayonetta or something and openly displayed sexuality it'd be better, but
why you gotta be doing this Nintendo? Suit Samus and underwear Samus aren't two different characters.

Also playable Duck Hunt Dog is still stupid.

O.O ok

It's all fine if Ridley is playable.

He'll be playable, right?

Can I just say that I love that the possible render and non-singular name implies both Duck Hunt Animals are a duo-type team like ICs or Rosalina instead of just the dog using the bird like Olimar and the Pikmin? It's the best idea of a Duck Hunt moveset i've seen.

Now, not to bring the leak back up again, but just some food for thought:

There's the Ice Climber's Polar Bear as an enemy in Smash Run, as well as a Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven. Now why would they be in Smash Run if there was no playable representation? They wouldn't preempt DLC.

smash-run-enemy.jpg

350px-Sneaky_Spirit_Smash_Run.png

Even though I'm on Team Real, I think this does clash a bit. Still weary. The DLC part could be false, with both Ice Climbers and a RH Rep unlockable and we just not seeing the full roster.

It'll be interesting to see what comes tonight. It's been a great week so far (Outfit drama and deconfirmations notwithstanding, just in terms of new content) so Friday could bring us something big.

I could see the Sneaky Spirit being an enemy without any playable RH characters, be they Chorus Kids or otherwise, because it's a series that needs desperate representation but would be hard to otherwise work in a game like Smash.
Like, aside from an out of nowhere playable character a la Game and Watch, you could maybe do a stage, or an AT like Barba in Brawl, or, well, a Smash Run enemy (which in itself is kinda out there already, I don't think there's any RH character that could work as a Smash Run enemy aside from the Sneaky Spirit).

But there is no way in hell that the Ice Climbers are getting cut, as big as they are in the competitive scene (you know, that thing that Sakurai and his team are trying to pay attention to now), and as important they are to Smash.
And the polar bear just kinda cements their undeniable return.

Reactions: Hemijack and musica
Weren't they at EVO a few times?
EDIT: I dunno if it was EVO, but ehh, whatevs.

Weren't they at EVO a few times?
EDIT: I dunno if it was EVO, but ehh, whatevs.

The Ice Climbers?
Yeah, they're usually at EVO, their eighth on the Melee tier list and second on Brawl's.
And the only reason they're so low in Melee is (probably) the execution barrier, as a lot of their higher level stuff takes some fancy fingerwork to pull off.

Oh, then yea, I don't see why Nintendo would dare cut them. They seem to be pretty popular among the serious Smash players.

The Ice Climbers?
Yeah, they're usually at EVO, their eighth on the Melee tier list and second on Brawl's.
And the only reason they're so low in Melee is (probably) the execution barrier, as a lot of their higher level stuff takes some fancy fingerwork to pull off.
I don't think this is true, I think the reason they are 8th is because it is very easy to separate Nana from Popo forcefully, she has level 1 Ai, doesn't use any recovery abilities and without her Popo is significantly weaker.

Their important techs like wobbling, nanapault and most desynchs, are actually pretty easy, just very situational.

(in Melee)

EDIT: The tier list takes perfect play into account. For example many people think Shiek and Marth better than Fox if Fox isn't played perfectly.

But at the same time, they'd know they'd pay for them then.

Just kidding, Nintendo isn't Capcom.

That said, I will address something that was said a long time ago - something about DLC not being planned pre-release. Now, I only worked for one game company, and only for a couple months, but I will say that DLC is usually decided a long time before the game even hits alpha. Not for money, but for time and file size. For example, creating a character and all that has a flow that can take months, especially if modeling and animation and programming are done in different places. So while you may think it's a "money grab", it's usually not.

Though what Capcom did with Street Fighter x Tekken was lame. That's locked on disc which is COMPLETELY different.

I don't think this is true, I think the reason they are 8th is because it is very easy to separate Nana from Popo forcefully, she has level 1 Ai, doesn't use any recovery abilities and without her Popo is significantly weaker.

Their important techs like wobbling, nanapault and most desynchs, are actually pretty easy, just very situational.

(in Melee)

EDIT: The tier list takes perfect play into account. For example many people think Shiek and Marth better than Fox if Fox isn't played perfectly.

Shit, I've been found out,
I mean,
yeah,
I'm still kinda new to competitive Smash.
Regardless to any of my ramblings, whether they're actually correct or not,
the IC are still pretty important to Smash's meta bar 64, and are still very commonly used characters so I still don't think they're gonna be dropped.

Ness on the other hand still has that thousand mile gaze

Ness on the other hand still has that thousand mile gaze
0 _0

That doesn't even have magic psychic sparklies.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Lucas's character development was the best part of SSE.

That and unlocking characters was a breeze.