• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Silly people...

Chorus Men are the stupidest thing ever...

#MagnusHypeMan

One, Magnus is already an assist trophy. I wanted him playable (before Palutena and Dark Pit), but I can live with an AT.

Two, how are they the stupidest thing ever? A new character from a great and semi-not-obscure series with possibly unique mechanics involving rhythm that would present a unique moveset.

Plus I mean, this song in Smash is all that I want

heck, the English version isn't that bad either. Normally I hate English RH songs, but this one's pretty great too!

So does that mean Lucas, Wolf and the Ice Climbers have a chance at living again?

Taking into account this leak
SOo1t1E.png

This was posted even before the leaked footage came out. He has been 100% correct on every count so far.

- We now know every character has at least 8 alts
- We now know Olimar has 4 Alph alts
- He was right regarding shulk's mechanic and stage
- Leaked footage showed some of the mentioned Bowser Jr. attacks

I'm pretty sure Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers aren't making it back. At least not on release.

he didn't have everything unlocked, though

All-Star Mode, remember

I hope the Dark Pit and the cut parts are wrong. Dark Pit has way too many awesome moves to just be a clone, and the Ice Climbers are too fun to cut.

he didn't have everything unlocked, though

All-Star Mode, remember

Not the same guy as the leaked photos.

man where are all these people getting leaked smash copies and where can I kill them

man where are all these people getting leaked smash copies and where can I kill them
Hey

Don't forget me...

I have some guns in my closet...

Like any Southern Gentlman would

Reactions: Lavama
Taking into account this leak
SOo1t1E.png

This was posted even before the leaked footage came out. He has been 100% correct on every count so far.

- We now know every character has at least 8 alts
- We now know Olimar has 4 Alph alts
- He was right regarding shulk's mechanic and stage
- Leaked footage showed some of the mentioned Bowser Jr. attacks

I'm pretty sure Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers aren't making it back. At least not on release.
It is a bit suspicious that he doesn't know the remaining characters that the esrb leaker didn't unlock, though. He basically just gave exactly the esrb leak when we know there are at least a few characters that leaker still didn't have. And since they said the remaining veterans aren't in, that would mean another newcomer or two- which would be a strange thing to leave out of a leak.

It is a bit suspicious that he doesn't know the remaining characters that the esrb leaker didn't unlock, though. He basically just gave exactly the esrb leak when we know there are at least a few characters that leaker still didn't have. And since they said the remaining veterans aren't in, that would mean another newcomer or two- which would be a strange thing to leave out of a leak.

ESBR leaks never mentioned anything regarding how Duck Hunt Dog played or alternate colors though. This guy isn't directly involved with the leak but is being fed info from someone that is.

I don't buy it until the game comes out.
Until they still have a chance of coming back, I doubt Nintendo would cut them, mainly the ice climbing duo.

I'm just going to assume that my dear Lucas is cut, and if he's in, ohhhh so many happy tears will be shed ;^ )

And so another week, the final week for japan, of PotD's shall begin shortly.
The amount of TROLLOLOLOLOL potential from Sakurai is even higher than usual and it's sure to tear right into hearts of Smash fans everywhere.

I can't wait :D

Watch him not show a PotD ever again.

I hope the Dark Pit and the cut parts are wrong. Dark Pit has way too many awesome moves to just be a clone, and the Ice Climbers are too fun to cut.

Dark Pit is shown to be wielding the Dark Pit staff. You can clearly see part of the hilt at the bottom.
uK8qQX4.jpg

dark_pit_staff_by_isaac77598-d4yghdn.jpg

So by clone, he probably either jumped to conclusions or means in specials only, much like Wolf in Brawl. I highly doubt he'll copy most of Pit's normals when he wields a staff as opposed to a bow.

...Huh...
Using the Dark Pit staff at the very least?
Let's take a look...
Dark Pit could use: Staves, Claws, maybe the Silver Bow (Since it's his siganture weapon)

...You know he's not looking that bad now.
I'll be 100% down if he uses Pandora Claws.
Those things were the fucking shit

Reactions: musica
Doubt it.
I'm sure he'll use the weapon named after em. But seriously, Ice Climbers better be back in. Those two were great.

...Huh...
Using the Dark Pit staff at the very least?
Let's take a look...
Dark Pit could use: Staves, Claws, maybe the Silver Bow (Since it's his siganture weapon)

...You know he's not looking that bad now.
I'll be 100% down if he uses Pandora Claws.
Those things were the fucking shit

Hey I'm all for him using all kinds of weapons, especially the more sinister themed ones. I've been saying that in Dark Pit's defense from the beginning. But I'm just going by what that leak said and a few things that were contradicted by it.

That's the thing, Dark Pit only had one weapon named after him, unless you count the Silver Bow, which again, is kinda his signature weapon.
I think he could use a bunch of weapons.

I dunno, I'm kinda supporting him a bit more now that he has the Dark Pit staff.

lol @ people who think Master Tomato Sakuraba is going to stop making pics of the day when it releases in japan

lol @ those people so hard

xD

right in their childhoods :P

Hey, here's a pretty cool picture of the cut melee characters rumored to be coming back to smash!
7oi6PdR.png

:PUN:

lol @ people who think Master Tomato Sakuraba is going to stop making pics of the day when it releases in japan

lol @ those people so hard

xD

right in their childhoods :P

First the forums get teleported to 4chan, and now Miiverse?
What is happening?

First the forums get teleported to 4chan, and now Miiverse?
What is happening?
I'm pretty jacked up on cold medicine right now, I apologize.

Hey, here's a pretty cool picture of the cut melee characters rumored to be coming back to smash!
7oi6PdR.png

:PUN:

I'd be honestly so happy if the Koopalings rumor/leak is true. It's such an awesome thing that puts in a whole bunch of characters that Mario Kart 8 really made me warm up to.

plus the option to allow me to ignore Bowser Jr.'s existence even more is well-appreciated

You know, it occurs to me that there might be a proper narrative underneath most of the Smash trailers.

Like, it almost looks like Mario is amassing an army, in the Villager trailer it was just himself and maybe Bowser since that's the first we saw of him CG, by Mega Man and Wii Fit's trailers he's managed to get the core members of the old gang (Link and Kirby (and also DK)).
By Greninja's trailer he's already got a solid group of six with him.
And now, with Luigi and Pikachu he's got a group of 14.
And if this is the last trailer we get for the 3DS version, the implication seems to be that he's gathered his army for the purpose of fighting an army of shapeshifting dopplegangers.
In a world were people and creatures fight for fun,
what was suppose to be a friendly jester of good will
tumblr_n7vt6xqvlU1rnvw1eo1_500.jpg

Would so take a turn for the worse,
Memorable faces would be disappear
And hollowed faces took their place
meta-knight-smash-640x360.jpg

And before long taking over their lives
No one was safe
2014-07-10-576-Mii.png

. . . But then
I CHALLANGE MY FATE.gif

"I CHALLENGE MY FATE "
AND NOW A NEW CHALLENGER TEAMS UP WITH THE MOST ICONIC FIGHTER TO AMASS AN ARMY TO SAVE THEIR FUTURES
(which I imagine in this little head cannon I came up with Lucy and Mario spit up to cover more ground)

Reactions: CountofBleck
Okay, JAPAN TIME podcast just finished up, with Zipzo and M2k as special guests. Lots of interesting stuff to talk about. I'll link the YouTube version when its uploaded.

zlCfzSa3pRUkFnvyIo

"Pic of the day. This is what the view looks like within the Vault. Your Trophy collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off."

Oooh, a random trophy at the start. That'll be neat to share and compare around with your chums.

Hey, if anything, I hope the menu music is better than the original Brawl one. I didn't like that one.

AND THERE'S NOT EVEN A MUSIC UPDAAAATE!!!

-_-
At the rate we're going, I'll be SORELY tempted to spoil myself on how some characters play or look when the fucking 3DS version comes out in Japan!
At least with my main man Wario!

MORE.
FUCKING.
MENUS.
IT'S LAUNCH WEEK AND WE GET MORE
FUCKING
MENUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What part of "stalling until launch" flew over your head last time we discussed this?