• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

You know, it occurs to me that there might be a proper narrative underneath most of the Smash trailers.

Like, it almost looks like Mario is amassing an army, in the Villager trailer it was just himself and maybe Bowser since that's the first we saw of him CG, by Mega Man and Wii Fit's trailers he's managed to get the core members of the old gang (Link and Kirby (and also DK)).
By Greninja's trailer he's already got a solid group of six with him.
And now, with Luigi and Pikachu he's got a group of 14.
And if this is the last trailer we get for the 3DS version, the implication seems to be that he's gathered his army for the purpose of fighting an army of shapeshifting dopplegangers.

Reactions: Rellek
uh oh

we may have another leak. Text only, but... who knows.

Reporter for Nintendo Magezine of France. He's known to get review copies early for games. He tweeted these, and then deleted them. Someone saved them quickly, however.

b7a8fd1178.jpg

Top tweet is literally "you saw nothing".

With the Sneaky Spirit and Polar Bear in, and the original leak having All-Star mode still padlocked, I think it's entirely possible both the Chorus Men and Ice Climbers are still in. Until actual release, we'll just have to wait and see.

Guys we're merely a week away. A week away from finding out EVERYTHING.

Well, less really. Less than 5 days to be exact.

I'm genuinely impressed someone hasn't gotten a hold of an early copy and started leaking info with the game only 3 days away.

Unless someone does have it and are afraid of repercussions with leaking anything so soon.

I give it until the 9th.

what are you talking about, megaman was never in a crossover game before Smash

Reactions: Lavama
Maybe our last trailer will be the Chorus Kids?
It's posisble

I still stand my prediction, we will have a surprise Chorus Kids trailer Friday right before the game launches. Or maybe late Thursday since that would be Friday in Japan.

I'll also say I believe there's a chance Wario will be revealed in a PotD this week.

So does that mean Lucas, Wolf and the Ice Climbers have a chance at living again?

WAIT,
suddenly, all those jokes about Ridley taking up five spaces all make sense.

Reactions: Lavama
Wouldn't they be banned, then? Since the 3DS players wouldn't be able to learn their match ups?

Well there could be more characters with the Wii U versions but ech, who knows

No.
Sakurai's said multiple times
the rosters are going to be the same.

And it will be the same because the 3DS will get those extra characters for free later! :PUN:

Have I ever mentioned,
that I really fucking hate this idea.
Like, the concept of DLC is fine, if a dev has new ideas later on the road to add to the game, but wants to release it at the scheduled time, I'm down with that.
Day 1 DLC is fucking aggravating, and I'd be a bit upset if they decided that one version wouldn't be able to get the full roster, a month or two beforehand, until both are released.

Reactions: Rellek
Have I ever mentioned,
that I really fucking hate this idea.
Like, the concept of DLC is fine, if a dev has new ideas later on the road to add to the game, but wants to release it at the scheduled time, I'm down with that.
Day 1 DLC is fucking aggravating, and I'd be a bit upset if they decided that one version wouldn't be able to get the full roster, a month or two beforehand, until both are released.

It's a good way to keep up hype between the game launches, especially if some of the characters will be Wii U exclusive for a short while (this is unlikely). I'm not expecting it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did go this route--it makes too much sense from a business standpoint.

Reactions: Cawtime and Jutsei
Eww, that sounds awful. :[

I'm not really up for DLC characters, at least in the minimal waiting period between Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU. I would prefer, if they really did any DLC characters, for them to go for the Mario Kart 8 route and do it half a year or more after one of their releases.

DLC costumes is a different story though.

I'm not really up for DLC characters, at least in the minimal waiting period between Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU. I would prefer, if they really did any DLC characters, for them to go for the Mario Kart 8 route and do it half a year or more after one of their releases.

DLC costumes is a different story though.

Well yea, the difference with Mario Kart is that development of the DLC began after the game launched. In this case the patch would be ready by launch, but wouldn't be released until the Wii U version launched. I'm sure it'd piss a lot of people off, but no one is gonna complain about more characters.

In the leaked footage, all star mode is locked. This means that the leaked roster is not complete
1312132551679.jpg

I'm gonna make the call now with the last characters

Chorus Men, Lucas, Ice Climber, Mewtwo, Little Takaninten

Hey, I wanna clear up something about Day 1 DLC. Not all of it is made with cash in mind. There's a period of time after a game gets finished that the developers have nothing to do until the game gets manufactured (We in the Skullgirls community know this as the "Two Weeks" period). Day 1 DLC is literally the developers trying to find something to do during this period while the game itself is being made.

Now, if the DLC is ON THE DISC like Capcom and ASW have done, then THAT'S what you should be worried about, but this isn't always the case.

I don't even care if it's done with money in mind, day 1 DLC just bugs me.
Even if it's not the intent, it always gives me the vibe that what I just paid 30-60 dollars for was incomplete.

Hey, I wanna clear up something about Day 1 DLC. Not all of it is made with cash in mind. There's a period of time after a game gets finished that the developers have nothing to do until the game gets manufactured (We in the Skullgirls community know this as the "Two Weeks" period). Day 1 DLC is literally the developers trying to find something to do during this period while the game itself is being made.

Now, if the DLC is ON THE DISC like Capcom and ASW have done, then THAT'S what you should be worried about, but this isn't always the case.

DLC being on the disc and DLC not being on the disc but being ready by day 1 is no different from one another in this case, as the developers do in fact have something to be doing in the meantime: working on Smash Wii U.

The only two characters I adamantly feel are still in are the Ice Climbers and Chorus Men, for the aforementioned Smash Run enemies.

So yeah. If the other three are Mii Fighters (even though they said they'd be one slot) and the random button, I'd be very happy!

What if Mona from the Wario series got in?
That'd be somethin'.

Daisy, though.

What about Metal Mario