• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

AND THERE'S NOT EVEN A MUSIC UPDAAAATE!!!

-_-
At the rate we're going, I'll be SORELY tempted to spoil myself on how some characters play or look when the fucking 3DS version comes out in Japan!
At least with my main man Wario!
Wario's already confirmed tho...

Wario's already confirmed tho...
I don't see him on the website. He's been booted.

So there's a Smash Bros Livestream on NicoNico on September 12.

So yeah. I can see one or two more characters being announced there.

Though I had a thought...

Dark Pit was featured in Palutena's Reveal.

Lucina in Robin's.

Do you think we'll see Doc in Bowser Jr's?

And the ones that are still "secret", I'm expecting them to get trailers in game still. Just a hunch.

EDIT:

ALSO HOLY SHIT

villagerTomato.jpg

VILLAGER'S TREE CAN SPAWN MAXIMUM TOMATOES WHEN CHOPPED DOWN RANDOMLY

Last edited:
Reactions: DDB
Well there goes my theory of his variants on the tree being fruit trees if that's the case.

8 fucking hours? Good grief... That sounds like it would kill any and all hype once the stream is over. Like I just watched 8 hours of new smash stuff and I don't want to see another smash thing for a couple weeks.

It's not all new Smash stuff, it's an 8 hour stream of new games coming up with the final build Smash 3DS being featured.

So we may see, like new Hyrule Warriors DLC info, a look at the Mario Kart 8 DLC, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, etc etc. in addition to the Smash stuff.

Stream confirmed for North America with the promise of new Smash Bros content

I think you need to reread that. Nowhere does it promise new Smash content, just gameplay on the final build. Also news for upcoming releases, which may include Smash.

Oh yes of course. I think I might just skip the stream though. I like roster spoils, but I don't want to spoil myself with too much gameplay mechanics type analysis (Because that's the kind of stuff I feel is spoiler worthy).

Though... that Mario kart 8 DLC sounds promising... a look into the new tracks? Heck yeah

So wait,
is that the same stream that's going to be on niconico?

I think you need to reread that. Nowhere does it promise new Smash content, just gameplay on the final build. Also news for upcoming releases, which may include Smash.

Shoulda posted this:
DCfuj6s.png

So wait,
is that the same stream that's going to be on niconico?

Most likely, considering it's on the same day. They might get more Japan oriented stuff while we may get some new localization stuff or stuff coming out soon for us instead.

A FUCKING EIGHT HOUR STREAM WITH SMASH BROS INFO AND NEW STUFF!?
Menu forgiven.

It's just 8 hours of UI from different Nintendo games.

Reactions: Lavama
Wait, he made Meteos? Well I guess I gotta put that on my "play before I die" list.

So NeoGAF's reaction to the direct is a bit... interesting...

BqCQkx_IQAIwVXk.jpg

"Choose your Waifu" they say.

That's pretty creepy. Those are real people.
Just imagine what it's like on /v/.

Just imagine what it's like on /v/.
Fun, there are husbando threads too.

So my local Target was selling $20 eShop cards for $15, meaning I saved $10 on Smash Bros 3DS.

Hyes.

>Not buying physical

Fucking casual.

I'm joking of course, but I know someone will take this seriously

Thank god that new 3DS XL with the extra triggers got revealed before I got a regular one. Now I have some extra leeway time on getting Smash 3D (and Xenoblade 3D, can't forget that).

I'm just hyped to get it on my 3DS, I don't have an XL though so I'm kinda worried if the game might look or feel cramped.
Exactly how I feel. I'm saving up to get an XL for the purpose of this game. Namely so that I can give my current 3DS to my bro and we can multiplayer.

>Not buying physical

Fucking casual.

I'm joking of course, but I know someone will take this seriously

>Getting it two hours early because the digital version goes live two hours before 12

Okay m8

But I'm living at my grandmas, and with her internet, the download will take 2 hours D:

Thank god that new 3DS XL with the extra triggers got revealed before I got a regular one. Now I have some extra leeway time on getting Smash 3D (and Xenoblade 3D, can't forget that).

Yeah, I was actually thinking of upgrading just because my 3DS has marks on the upper screen and it's taken a bit of abuse since I got it (nothing broken, but could be nicer), but now I have a big reason to upgrade - so I can play Xenoblade and Majora's Mask 3D of course. lol just kidding mm3ds never gonna happen

zlCfzSbEJvQiiAN0qN

"Pic of the day. In Classic mode, a roller spins before every stage to determine your reward. Rewards in red are for customization, green ones are trophies, and yellow means precious gold. Of course, if you raise the intensity, the abundance of these rewards will increase quite a bit, too. You can be rewarded in every stage, so in that way this mode might be a little more generous compared to previous games in the series."

zlCfzSbEJ6M8cAwV7J

"And here's the results screen. It shows what you gained in each stage, but you won't be rewarded until you clear it all. If you mess up in the middle, you can lose some of them too. The fighter icons are special attacks, and icons like the shield are equipment. The icons that say Mii on them are hats and clothes for Mii characters. Icons that show characters on a stand are trophies, of course, and the coins are gold you earned."

Can anyone make out what trophy that is in the bottom right corner? I'm drawing a blank.

Can anyone make out what trophy that is in the bottom right corner? I'm drawing a blank.

It's probably a green Piplup riding a bike with a silly hat on

Wait are there only six Classic Stages?

Wait are there only six Classic Stages?

Brawl's was way too long, so I'm glad they trimmed it down. Plus completing it with ~50 characters would become a chore if it wasn't cut short.

Reactions: DDB