• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Remember when Brawl was gonna come out in November 2007? And when it got delayed to March?

Sakurai saying that the game isn't set for spring gives the theory that game is set for spring more merit?
*facepalm* I read that completely wrong. Whoopsie~

I'd rather it be delayed. Like, going off of Sakurai's quote, a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever. And honestly, spring seems too early. I want this to be a huge game up there with Brawl content wise (especially cause without story mode) and unless they've secretly been working on this since before Kid Icarus's release, it really doesn't feel like enough content will have been made yet.

Remember when Brawl was gonna come out in November 2007? And when it got delayed to March?
Remember when DNF was gone come out in 2001? And then it kept getting delayed?

I was actually interested in it.

to counter the delayed game thing

the last guardian

somethings get delayed forever

to counter the delayed game thing

the last guardian

somethings get delayed forever
Still waiting on, uh, camn, what's that game? I don't think that CnC MMO was ever canceled.

thank god for that

the best thing that SSE gave us was Peach being unaware of explosions and TEA

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
Well, subspace wasn't all that bad, however I agree in that there was a good chunk of time spent on that. The design and little cutscenes didn't take two days to make and paste in there. And I think Sakurai had a clear goal for characters this time around that he is dedicated to making happen this time around. Give him whatever time he needs, the game will definitely be out.

And Ness' ridiculously sparkly PSI powers.

well he made bowser into a wrestler
so I'd say he's on the right track

Again, he has far more time to spend on the multiplayer and the characters instead of cutscenes and stuff
But he wants to make cinematics for every newcomer...

he also said that he wants to focus as much budget on the game itself as possible, so EVERYONE new getting a cinematic might not be a thing

The site's wiggin out for me, but today's Miiverse post says the Caboose on the train in the Spirit Tracks stage can detach off to the right side of the screen and be replaced with other cars.

Yep, Spirit Tracks is actually Big Blue

Watch as we get nothing.

Except for a new Metroid.

Made in house.

By Nintendo's R&D.

expectations

i would keep them low if I were you
Was gonna post this, but already done.

This is Sakurai.

Keep your expectations lower than Cranky Kong's happiness level.

Reactions: Rellek
But what if Little Mac

But what if Little Mac

Even if we weren't dealing with Sakurai, I really doubt we'd get any newcomers.
At most a veteran reveal. Or a stage or item or something.

If we do get a character reveal on tomorrow's Direct and I do mean IF as in a "95% chance of definitely being nothing" the character reveal would be someone like Zelda or Yoshi. I don't expect to hear anything about more newcomers until close to the game's release.

Who am I kidding, we all know what's really gonna happen.

Iwata: "In case you missed it, here's the innovative new character for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Cranky Kong!"
*plays same gameplay footage from VGX"
Reggie: "As usual Nintendo continues to innovate with their hardware. It's not about graphics it's about innovation, such as the never before seen camera angles in a platforming game by Nintendo."
Iwata: "And with that I have something very special to say... Thank you for your time."

The End

Look at the bright side guys.
Even if we don't get a Smash reveal.
We'll at least get an update on Mario Kart 8!
That's true! I love me some MK!

We'll probably see more Kirby too.

dem bellz dem beetlez

You shouldn't really worry about a December Nintendo Direct. Nintendo has nothing to announce anyway. January Direct is when they give their plans for the next year.

You shouldn't really worry about a December Nintendo Direct. Nintendo has nothing to announce anyway. January Direct is when they give their plans for the next year.
Which will also be hype as fuck.
That's when they revealed Pokemon X & Y.

Imagine if they revealed Majora's Mask HD for Wii U there.
The internet (Or at least a portion of it) would explode.

I WILL NEVER STOP HOPING FOR THAT
*hisses and runs up tree*

Reactions: Phish Food o3o