• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So it wouldn't be out of the question.
We already got two real world peripherals in there.
but that "stamp gun" is in already, the zapper would function pretty similarly if not exactly,
also the zapper looks pretty similar to a real gun, since Sakurai changed the blaster drastically i don't think it would be included

ROB fans everywhere would storm Nintendo out of sheer raeg.

ROB at least got in the games

unlike certain purple space dragons

wonder what that says about the state of affairs

Reactions: Rellek
shots fired

anyways back to Pichu being a veteran

Reactions: Rellek
Uh, no.

A Goomba would work better than Pichu in Melee.

good thing this is Smash 4, a new beginning of Pichu
this is. . .the year of Pichu

Reactions: DDB
Uh, no.

A Goomba would work better than Pichu in Melee.
Nah, other people using Pichu did so much damage on me!

Or wait, was I just using Pichu?

Reactions: Lavama
Latest Smash Bros pic shows Villager and Pit looking at the background of Wily's castle
The text is "Someone's observing from afar. That's no good. The Yellow Devil will come flying in from the background."
And the castle is lit up.
So it appears when Wily's Castle lights up, Yellow Devil comes in and causes havoc.
Stage Hazard confirmed.

ROB at least got in the games

unlike certain purple space dragons

wonder what that says about the state of affairs
I'm still upset that Spyro isn't in.

Latest Smash Bros pic shows Villager and Pit looking at the background of Wily's castle
The text is "Someone's observing from afar. That's no good. The Yellow Devil will come flying in from the background."
So it appears when Wily's Castle lights up, Yellow Devil comes in and causes havoc.
Stage Hazard confirmed.
I'm so mad, Yellow Devil was a shoe in for the next megaman rep. Damn you Sakurai!

Stage Hazard confirmed.
im pretty sure the castle is always lit up

I love this thread, it's almost like the DLC character discussions all over again. <3

Just so y'all know, you do know I couldn't give three shits if Ridley got in, right? Maybe two, but three, nuh-uh. I see/want Adam in more, as I feel that could work (Considering he's finally in a game as, well, that fleshy thing. Ya know what I'm talking about, right? Outside of the manga). Him or (Lololol) Dark Spamus.

You know who I want in Smash Bros?

Dr. Eggman

I AM THE EGGMAN
IT'S WHAT I AM.
I AM THE EGGMAN
GOT THE MASTER PLAN

also Tails and Knuckles as their own assist trophies. Shadow can go eat a wiener.

As long as you don't end up like

"I want *insert every Sonic character that ever happened*"

Eggman_9e76d2_1900048.jpg

That's all I'm saying.

It's funny because Mike Pollock

all i want in life is Mike Pollock's voice in smash bros
and little mac

btw i dunno if this was said yet but Sakurai officially put down the rumor of a Spring 2014 release

he said that the release frame is still 2014 though

Reactions: Jutsei
btw i dunno if this was said yet but Sakurai officially put down the rumor of a Spring 2014 release

he said that the release frame is still 2014 though

That gives the calendar "May" prediction more merit.

GOOD GOD RIDLEY'S CONFIRMED.

Yes, um, I know. Couldn't resist. I think it'll come out in July.

You know who I want in Smash Bros?

Dr. Eggman

I AM THE EGGMAN
IT'S WHAT I AM.
I AM THE EGGMAN
GOT THE MASTER PLAN

also Tails and Knuckles as their own assist trophies. Shadow can go eat a wiener.
Dr.Wily is better than eggman. At least Dr.Wily has an actual genius as a rival, eggman constantly loses to a barely sentient hedgehog. I mean, Eggman is pushed aside half the time so they can let someone actually intimidating be the villain, whereas Wily is still fucking shit up hundreds of years after he's dead by creating the maverick virus.

They probably want to release in may, but the first deadline is pretty much never met.
To quote Douglas Adams, "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

you
you do know what season may is in right

because it's in spring

you
you do know what season may is in right

because it's in spring
Yes, that's why I said it has more merit. I'm not sure if you're making fun of me at this point.

oh my god I leave for one day and Ridley discussions

A lot of people are butthurt that this confirms the Yellow Devil is a stage hazard, but I'm fine with it. I play on Spear Pillar despite it being "unplayable competitively". I don't want 45 flat floating island stages with a few different platform layouts.

That said fuck scrolling stages. I'm glad neither Sonic's nor Mega Man's are scrolling.

You know what stage didn't suck?
Poke Floats

Yes, that's why I said it has more merit. I'm not sure if you're making fun of me at this point.
Sakurai saying that the game isn't set for spring gives the theory that game is set for spring more merit?

Reactions: Crayolan and DDB
oh my god I leave for one day and Ridley discussions

A lot of people are butthurt that this confirms the Yellow Devil is a stage hazard, but I'm fine with it. I play on Spear Pillar despite it being "unplayable competitively". I don't want 45 flat floating island stages with a few different platform layouts.

That said fuck scrolling stages. I'm glad neither Sonic's nor Mega Man's are scrolling.
They should really add the option to disable stage hazards. I know they usually don't cater to the competitive guys but it's just so obvious and it would make so many people happy and it's not even that hard to do.

I dunno, a lot of stages suck regardless of competitive capabilities.

Like Rumble Falls, or Mario Bros.

Or Mario Bros.

I'm not denying Rumble Falls, Mario Bros and 75M are terrible stages, in fact, those are the three I've perma-selected to not be randomly obtainable, but some of the others that are "competitively banned" are still a lot of fun. Like Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, PictoChat. I enjoy those. Sure I have to dodge enemies or obstacles, but that's what I love about Smash. The hecticness and craziness of it all.

I'm a casual player, no denying, but I have fun.