• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

So guys, random thought hit me.

When Smash Bros 4 does come out, are you gonna spoil yourself on the unlockable characters, or will you try and be surprised?
That was one element I spoiled myself all-in for for both Melee and Brawl
(Though in Melee it was because my parents got me the Strategy Guide)

depends
we already seem to have unlockables revealed
i mean luigi has never been in the default cast so

Oh, I'ma spoil the shit outta myself prerelease. I won't spoil anything revealed after that, though maybe only if we actually get a simultaneous worldwide release. Cause if we do, since I'm preordering it, I'll be too busy playing it to look stuff up. Leaks, I don't think I'll trust. Cause I really remember that one of every Brawl character minus Wolf and with Bomberman in it being "leaked", and people thought it was fake cause ROB and not Bomberman.

As you mentioned in your hypothetical moveset, though, once the Luma is out, the same input will likely be used for repositioning it, something that will probably be really important for a Puppeteer/Controller.
Important but not frequent. She should have to create an opportunity to do so. I mean did you see the start up on (what looked like) her summoning move? Even if she wanted to it's not something she could frequently or without a proper set up.

edit:
So guys, random thought hit me.

When Smash Bros 4 does come out, are you gonna spoil yourself on the unlockable characters, or will you try and be surprised?
That was one element I spoiled myself all-in for for both Melee and Brawl
(Though in Melee it was because my parents got me the Strategy Guide)
If it's shown on the site I'm probably gonna look at it. If there's a secret character area ala Brawl dojo I'm gonna flip a coin for every one......the coin may or may not be double sided.

Pretty much the same thing.
I mean I won't look up how to unlock them this time unless it's cryptic bullshit like beating the game with the 3DS turned upside down
Defeat Master hand with Luigi's meteor taunt inside the negative zone when the clock says 6.66s on Luigi's birthday

Well, to be fair.
The unlocks in Smash Bros are never THAT cryptic.
They're usually multiple ways to do it, too.

I mean, to be fair, the worst one in Melee was Luigi and maybe Falco.

And the worst ones in Brawl were the post-game unlocks.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't call her a Queen is because kids do the thing where princesses are good and queens are bad

also if Rosalina's N.B is summon Luma then what does that mean for kirby

does he get lumas too
probably be something like Olimar Kirby

Well, to be fair.

Yeah I remember having to look up or to unlock....jiggly, wolf, and toon link iirc.

Hopefully it won't be too cryptic. But if not, I'll try not to look up unlockable characters.

If the internet was nicer, I wish it would've just said
"To unlock this SECRET CHARACTER, do this!"
Instead of saying who it was, to maintain a surprise.

A Gamepro issue did that with the final secret character of Mortal Kombat Deception, it just said how to unlock them, without giving away who it was to maintain the surprise.
The surprise was that it was Zombie Liu Kang, which, indeed, was a very good surprise.

Well, to be fair.

are you forgetting mewtwo's 25 hours of in match time?

Reactions: Jutsei
Brawl was nice cause really all you had to do was SSE to unlock all the characters. I wonder if we'll get a nice, easy way this time too. Like maybe Event Mode? Or Adventure Mode with branching paths?

It's likely going to be beating Adventure mode with certain characters, classic in a certain time/difficulty and finally, the way to get every playable character: Just play a shitton of matches.

If the internet was nicer, I wish it would've just said
"To unlock this SECRET CHARACTER, do this!"
Instead of saying who it was, to maintain a surprise.
Because I tend to spoil myself to everything, I'm probably going to be the one who does that in the end.

daily.jpg

Last edited:
He's at just the right height.

Also caption:

Pic of the day. Rosalina's got height! She is seriously tall! However, she boasts an anti-gravity effect, so she's very light.

So just as I thought, she's lightweight.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Someone pointed this out on Reddit. Look at Mario's eyes, he's not looking straightly and blank like he did in Brawl. He's looking at her, er... face.

It's the small touches that I love.
Nothing wrong with looking at her "eyes"

Rosalina should play basketball. Heck, Nintendo and Square should get together again to make another Mario Hoops game for her to be in.

And also remember to put Geno and Mallow in this time.

Rainbow Road IS a stage.....

25v9.jpg

......in the 3DS version at least.

It looks Mute City-esque in how it works.

That's what Sakurai seems to say.

Pic of the day. Happy Holidays! Here's a new 3DS stage--Rainbow Road! It can't be explained in one picture, but it's going to be a cruise-type stage.

Now tomorrow's Christmas, and the day after that is LoZ LBW release date.
I don't think we'll get yet another new character, but who knows?
Though I do think Rosalina was our Christmas gift.

No no no no no no. If they're going to include any song from MK64, it has to be the best one. AKA this one:

Reactions: TailsWorld1
No no no no no no. If they're going to include any song from MK64, it has to be the best one. AKA this one:

I never actually listened to the credits music for MK64 until now. It sounds a lot like Rainbow Road, so lets just add a male choir to Rainbow Road and have the best of both worlds! :P

how can you guys be talking about Rainbow Road music and miss the BEST ONE FROM THE BEST GAME
lol did u think i was gonna post DS or Wii u little shit
I actually don't particularly care for that one. The trumpets are pretty good, and the inclusion of the N64 Rainbow Road at the end is cool, but that is about it.

how can you guys be talking about Rainbow Road music and miss the BEST ONE FROM THE BEST GAME
lol did u think i was gonna post DS or Wii u little shit

Yeah that one's not that great :/

I think a medley is likely what they're going to go for.