• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Man, orange Luigi still confirmed best color.

tumblr_inline_mvm2q3FSNK1qhw2n8.gif

Nah, it's cool, she can be a clone of like,
Samus or something.

neutral B- Ink Shot: Charge it up then shoot it, the more you charge the more INK you shoot.
side B- Ink Sniper: Fires a slow moving, homing INK projectile.
up B- Launch Octopus: Transforms into a squid and shoots upward while spinning, the last hit has her transform back and kick.
down B- Ink Bomb: Drops an INK bomb and transforms into a squid while doing so for no discernible reason.

There, I did it.
I think you should switch the names for Neutral and Side-B because "slow" and "homing" are very un-sniper-like. At least shooting more ink would be kinda like a sniping rail-gun.....now I want an ink rail-gun in splatoon.

So,
there's no footage of Toon Link's FS?
Has anybody actually been able to do it yet?

why isn't that victory pose back
instead we just get that dumb lean fall
I actually think we'll get more than one victory pose, but in the demo there's only one for now.
Every Smash has had multiple. Why would this one change?

edit: Newcomer taunts
BqBqxRxCQAAlkae.jpg:large

Reactions: Hemijack
Still really bummed it's still Giga Bowser.

Hey Giga Bowser's awesome. I'm more upset about Yoshi still having Super Dragon instead of getting something like a Mega Eggdozer. I only hope SD's movement has been buffed. That was my problem w/ it in Brawl.

I like SD, but I think it should have instead of flight, infinite jumps, and when he lands he causes an earthquake.

Similar to eating a rainbow shell in Super Mario World.

So at this point the only Final Smashes we don't know are
Peach's
Toon Link's
Dedede's
Lucario's (although it's heavily implied to be Mega Lucario)
Diddy Kong's
Ike's
Mii Brawler's
and Mii Swordfighter's.

MY THOUGHTS:

Peach's - Could change, her one in Brawl was pretty meh
Toon Link's - Would really like to see change, but after seeing these ones...
Dedede's - Masked Dedede when
Lucario's (although it's heavily implied to be Mega Lucario) - Gonna be Mega
Diddy Kong's - The Same
Ike's - The Same
Mii Brawler's - SHINKUUUU HADOUUUUUKEEEEN!
and Mii Swordfighter's. - Sword beams or similar to Links. Maybe a reference to Fire Emblem with a similar Critical Hit thing.

tri directional fireballs would be appreciated too
That would have been a tiny bit op

Peach's is the only one that DEFINITELY NEEDS TO BE DIFFERENT.
Even if they don't give her something canon to work with (which they should but go with it), at least make the dance do more that put people to sleep and spawn health items.
I honestly think Peach had the worst FS in Brawl, she needs buffs on that badly.

Reactions: Hemijack and Rellek
These aren't all the palettes. They've confirmed this game has the most palettes for each character out of any Smash game, placing every character at somewhere around 9 colors. A Wario color for Luigi is kinda neat, still, and I can't see them removing the Waluigi color.

Where did you hear this information? The very idea of characters having 9 palettes each is giving me too much hope for certain color schemes.

I actually think Mario as a whole looks really good this time.

Peach really did have the absolute worst FS in Brawl. It's just too easy to avoid the sleep, and even if you get put to sleep there's not much Peach can do to you unless you're already at a high percentage.

WHOA mario finale looks so good now

Mario's final smash looked good the first time when everyone at E3 would die to it left and right. Then Brawl actually came out and everyone realized that the people playing at the E3 booths just sucked ass, just like Mario's FS. It looks pretty much the same this time around, so I'll simply have to try it out myself to see if it's been buffed at all.

Actual hitstun in this game might help out a bit on that front.

Peach's is the only one that DEFINITELY NEEDS TO BE DIFFERENT.
Even if they don't give her something canon to work with (which they should but go with it), at least make the dance do more that put people to sleep and spawn health items.
I honestly think Peach had the worst FS in Brawl, she needs buffs on that badly.

I agree with this all the way. Her FS was pure crap to me after the people I played with learned how easy it was to avoid. The worst thing about her FS is that if you miss, you give your opponents free healing items. At least the other crappy Final Smashes in the game don't do that.

they could peach some hokuto shinken for all i care just make her better

Really hoping that some of the characters with obvious other possible specials are given better customization options than mario. Like the pokemon getting some of their other learnable moves, Samus, Megaman, Link etc getting more of their in-game weapons and items (like maybe something useful instead of link's bow because fuck whose idea was it to give a character with 2 great projectiles a really bad projectile as his new special?)
Also why are none of mario's fireballs the ice ball from new super mario bros wii? That would take like 5 seconds and be more interesting than "fast fireball."

bgclRrQ.jpg

So... 47 characters in total fit on the character select screen.

You could easily shrink it down and fit another row in.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykr2KZT0K6g

All of Kirby's new hats in the E3 build, plus what they do.

When he uses Rosalina's Luma Shot, the Luma vanishes. That's good because the thought of Kirby with her gimmick is scary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hemijack
So... 47 characters in total fit on the character select screen.

Well, lets hope they actually used all of those slots then. :D

Wait, why make them all Pika-

oh

OH!

Ohhhhhhh.gif
STOP LOOKING AT SMASH FORUMS AND
GET BACK TO WORK

Let's see, WFT, Mega Man, Villager, Little Mac, Greninja, Pac-Man, and Palutena are the announced newcomers, right? That makes 7 newcomers. I count 48 slots (12 columns of 4). With 39 Brawl characters, that means that if ALL of Brawl's characters are coming back (which they probably won't) and that roster size is accurate, then there are two newcomers remaining.

... Chrom and Chorus Men, anyone?

It is the 3DS version that is making people think 47.

They say 47 fit on 3DS, whereas you COULD get 51 on wiiU.

All speculation though.

Let's see, WFT, Mega Man, Villager, Little Mac, Greninja, Pac-Man, and Palutena are the announced newcomers, right? That makes 7 newcomers. I count 48 slots (12 columns of 4). With 39 Brawl characters, that means that if ALL of Brawl's characters are coming back (which they probably won't) and that roster size is accurate, then there are two newcomers remaining.

You forgot Rosalina too.

You're right. I kinda thought they'd have their own sub-menu.

Me when people think we're gonna get more than 45 characters.

Putin-Laughing-gif.gif

Nah, cut out the far left and right columns and I think we'll have something more accurate.

Shulk is in the same leak and is like 1000x more likely than chorus men so yeah. Plus there are -at least- two more slots in ivysaur and squirtle so by your logic we've got 4 newcomers to go.
But it's not like the size of the character select screen and icons has any real bearing on how many characters we'll get, so I wouldn't get too worried.

Me when people think we're gonna get more than 45 characters.

Putin-Laughing-gif.gif

Nah, cut out the far left and right columns and I think we'll have something more accurate.
Considering the current newcomers + everyone from brawl besides snake, squirtle and ivysaur is 44... that should be your reaction to having less than 45 characters.