• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

If the tournaments are four player and have items, then sure hwy not

If we do (and let me be clear I'm all behind this idea) I'd request Invitational rules at least,
  • Quarterfinals: Items on Medium
  • Semifinals and Finals: Items on Low
  • Grand Finals: Items off (1 vs 1)
And with less hazard stages as it goes in please.

Reactions: Jutsei
If the tournaments are four player and have items, then sure hwy not
Not happening. That was probably only a thing at the Invitational because Nintendo wanted to show the way they thought the game played best, and tourney organizers will almost surely ignore that and do what they did before. Top tiers only, no items, Battlefield.

If we do (and let me be clear I'm all behind this idea) I'd request Invitational rules at least,

I'm okay with this. I understand having 1 on 1, no hazards, no items for the finals.
But earlier on, it isn't as fun.

I'd be down to clown with those rules

This tourney...
It's going to be beautiful.
giphy.gif

What exactly do you think the gender ratios on real life are?
more often not 50/50 than it is. like, I know theres about equal men and women in the entire world but not every workplace has equal amounts of men and women.

like, even if there was more women than men, I would be okay with it.

more often not 50/50 than it is. like, I know theres about equal men and women in the entire world but not every workplace has equal amounts of men and women.

like, even if there was more women than men, I would be okay with it.

It's pretty close.
Most statistics hover around 49-51, I don't think it's anything but rare to see anything at 45-55 or beyond.

It's pretty close.
Most statistics hover around 49-51, I don't think it's anything but rare to see anything at 45-55 or beyond.

you'd be surprised at what places have what ratios of men to women and vice-versa.

I just want the ratio to be random more than equal.

You guys should've seen the Chrom support thread on Smash Boards.
Literally depressing.
Its's kinda sad that a character I knew that wasn't going to make it have tons of supporters

I know that feeling.

Annieannieannie.

Reactions: Rellek
you know, now that Falcon is super confirmed, I don't care who else is added to the game now.

mah boi is back and that's all that matters to me.

the only thing that would make me happier is a Pheonix alt
250px-Phoenix.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks male Robin sounds a tad bit wooden. I'm picking the female version instead because of that. She sounds like she will wreck your shit.

Am I the only one who thinks male Robin sounds a tad bit wooden. I'm picking the female version instead because of that. She sounds like she will wreck your shit.
I wasn't the only one who thought that? It's a good thing, because I don't want to hear "l thunder....l thunder.... l thunder" during EVO matches.

I actually thought female Robin sounded worse than male Robin. Also, your pic has died.

I felt so bad for Chrom in the reveal trailer. I mean, he was my 6th husband or something but still.

HAHAHAHA, This one is rich!

z27-png.18193

I can't see it.
Apparently I need a Smashboards account or something.

Her Side-B has different attacks (and likely to get more)

Hmmmm well it definitely looks like there are some slight differences in how some of her moves and such are animated, although I don't really see any differences in her Side-B from that of Marth's.

Telling you man, Lucina's our new Roy.
I'm fine with it/.

Speaking of her being Roy, I heard two GREAT comments about that.
"People keep asking for Roy to come back, and when you essentially get that, they complain about her being a clone"
And my favorite
"People asked Smash 4 to be more like Melee, and they get mad when they add clones! :PUN:"

Hmmmm well it definitely looks like there are some slight differences in how some of her moves and such are animated, although I don't really see any differences in her Side-B from that of Marth's.

Have you seen his sword dance moves in Smash 4? They're pretty different from all other ones I've seen, from what I remember at Best Buy.

Have you seen his sword dance moves in Smash 4? They're pretty different from all other ones I've seen, from what I remember at Best Buy.

I'll have to look up some videos. I didn't see much of him at Best Buy, and I haven't really payed much attention to Marth in Smash 4 in general so I might just not be familiar with any changes he's gone through.

All I know is that, in today's reveal trailer, Lucina's Side-B looks the same as Marth's from both Melee and Brawl (if you do side-b, b, down-b, down-b). Not that it really matters or anything. At the end of the day she's still a clone, but I'm glad to see her make her way into the roster.

IT ALWAYS COMES BACK! YOU CAN'T FIGHT IT!

DON'T EVEN FIGHT IT!

Could have done something better for the big climax, but that was pretty awesome.

So Lucina is essentially the Roy of this game.

Her attack animations do not emphasis the tip, but rather the mid point of her sword.

Her Up-B has a different arc than Marth's

Her Side-B has different attacks (and likely to get more)

Counter is different looking

All in all, very much a Roy/Toon Link, which I think is fine for characters as used as Marth. He's going to be in every tournament regardless, why not mix it up a bit by having another version with different properties.
Where did you hear about this?