• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Sakurai's official response to the Takamaru stuff
tumblr_inline_n9fmkqV4rI1rvjq3s.gif

How much you want to bet that he doesn't really care?

Sakurai's official response to the Takamaru stuff
tumblr_inline_n9fmkqV4rI1rvjq3s.gif

Oh c'mon, I'm sure he isn't going to be THAT vulgar about it. But yeah, I think it's ridiculous. Even I didn't blow that much of a casket when Dillon was confirmed to be an AT.

It took us Americans 30 YEARS before we were given the chance to try Takamaru's debut game. I think it makes sense that Sakurai put him in AT status. Or maybe he actually did try to put him into the roster but cut him in favor of someone who was requested far more. That's at least my theory on why Little Mac is only just now being put into this series.

This does make me worry for K. Rool and Isaac though.

Like, every character that has become a playable character so far in Smash has some sort of recognizability to them. Little Mac, Pit, Ice Climbers, heck even Mr. Game and Watch is recognizable is some form before they were released in smash. I knew these characters were a part of Nintendo's library before I got to play them.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

And what about Fire Emblem? If you seriously knew who Marth and Roy were when they were first added in Melee I will be impressed.

and we are still getting the starting roster sometime with the corocoro thing.

They already clarified the info in corocoro will only be things we already know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smilax
I mean if they're not in the game they're not in the game, no reason to delay it except that it adds more suspense to the characters that are in the game.
Even if it meant every other character I wanted playable was deconfirmed, I'd be down with deconfirmation week.

So I guess Friday's gonna be a big day, huh?

Why Friday? Why not end the week on a huge deconfirmation?

you mean they're gonna reveal geno as a sticker

I feel like if that happened the universe would explode.
I'm not sure how. I just feel like it will.

Aside from the lack of Jiggs, Ness, Wario, R.O.B, Meta Knight and Mr. G&W the roster feels complete to me. The roster looks pretty diverse and robust with only one real clone sitting in it.

I don't think the unlockables or anything are "set". They could easily have Marth as a starter and Wario as an unlockable. Nothing is stopping them from changing it up.

Except Marth is on the Cover of the 3DS version, as is Villager and Wii Fit Trainer on the WiiU version. Maybe 3rd Party characters are unlockable again, like in Brawl? Maybe not Sonic, but the rest?

Sometimes I have to remind myself that Sonic is third party.

Sometimes.
Me too, though it's often when I use him on Smash Bros because a good bit of his stuff's on PC. #pcmasterrace#segalovesusmore#lolpc#offtopic#when'sridley

Look at all of Sonic's recent and future releases aside from Generations and the mobile shits though.

It's all Nintendo. Not a bad thing, that's mostly where his audience lies. Mostly.

Nintendo's starting to become an adoptive parent for the Sonic series, if that phrasing makes any sense lol.

So everybody I've a got a serious question. Out of the remaining unconfirmed veterans who would you miss the most and miss the least if they didn't return? I'd honestly miss Jigglypuff and R.O.B the most while I couldn't give a damn if Falco was cut.

So everybody I've a got a serious question. Out of the remaining unconfirmed veterans who would you miss the most and miss the least if they didn't return? I'd honestly miss Jigglypuff and R.O.B the most while I couldn't give a damn if Falco was cut.

Lucas is a for sure. Mother 3 needs more love and recognition.
Followed by ROB, as he honestly had a cool moveset and, well, saved gaming.
Wolf next, cause he's both cool and provides a nice, actual variation to Foxes moveset unlike Falco.
Jiggs and Falco, ehhh. They could leave and I wouldn't be too hurt, or they could stay if they get modified movesets (Fairy moves for Jiggs and new stuff for Falco)

Mother fans only care about Earthbound so I could easily see Lucas getting the axe but I don't want that to happen
I just want Mother 1 to get more love
it gets none
literally none
I am one of the two people I know that actually like Mother 1 it's depressing

Lucas is a for sure. Mother 3 needs more love and recognition.
Followed by ROB, as he honestly had a cool moveset and, well, saved gaming.
Wolf next, cause he's both cool and provides a nice, actual variation to Foxes moveset unlike Falco.
Jiggs and Falco, ehhh. They could leave and I wouldn't be too hurt, or they could stay if they get modified movesets (Fairy moves for Jiggs and new stuff for Falco)

It's a shame I never once played any of the Mother series in my life so I'd never have any real reason to like or miss Lucas. I agree about Wolf seeing as his moveset was handled better than the few real changes Falco had to his. Speaking of changing Jiggs moves, her Up Special needs to be changed to either Disarming Voice or Dazzling Gleam. Sing has to be one of the most useless moves in smash.

Mother fans only care about Earthbound so I could easily see Lucas getting the axe but I don't want that to happen
I just want Mother 1 to get more love
it gets none
literally none
I am one of the two people I know that actually like Mother 1 it's depressing
Sure. It's not like I've gotten farther into Mother 3 instead of 2 because Mother 3 was doing the same thing Knights of the Old Republic did for me: kept my incredibly ADD mind involved much better than most RPG's in existence. And it's also not the fact I like Lucas' D-air better than Ness' (Only on Lucas though.) And let's not include the fact I hate having to restart if something happens to your save and that's stopped me from beating games before (Both Mother 3 and Knights of the Old Republic for the Dark Side, actually. One because no more save and the other glitched on the last darn level on teh XBawks.)

As for Mother 1 I haven't attempted to play it yet because I wanted to oh so play Mother 3. But I may end up giving it a shot.

I've been looking at the 3DS tournament footage and holy crap Yoshi's amazing with the slight changes he has.
Yoshi's eggs are smaller but travel faster (could be me or 3ds version make's egg's seem smaller/faster)
Eggroll no long causes freefall
Up smash is now a backflip kick (which seems to hit in fount as well as above)
(This could be on fault of the victim but egg lay seems harder to get out of IDK)

Nintendo's starting to become an adoptive parent for the Sonic series, if that phrasing makes any sense lol.

Miss most: G&W. He's my main.

Miss least: Falco because he's a clone and his series has 2 reps without him.

I'd miss Ness and R.O.B. the most, R.O.B. more than Ness because I think Robin is a worthy replacement for him as my main, but R.O.B. was such a cool, fun character, and he's most likely gone.

Least miss though? I dunno, probably Lucas. I never cared for him, he just needs to go.

I'd miss Ness and R.O.B. the most, R.O.B. more than Ness because I think Robin is a worthy replacement for him as my main, but R.O.B. was such a cool, fun character, and he's most likely gone.

Least miss though? I dunno, probably Lucas. I never cared for him, he just needs to go.

Why would you want a character to be cut? That's horrible.

But I like Lucas more than Ness.

I don't want any unique movesets lost.

Falco could potentially be done as Fox special moves, but we would still be missing the other differences like their speeds, jumps and things like the differences between their smashes.