• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Lemme throw my two cents in here for that leak yeah? Also take into account that I'm highly biased in this matter because Bowser Jr. Rocks my socks.

I believe this to be incredibly convincing if it isn't real. There's even a mii selection menu that's separate from the characters and it's separated when customization is off. Brilliant design if I do say so myself. That fucking Bowser Jr. render fucking blows my mind, I love it. Everything looks so absolutely gorgeous. Fuck yes Dr. Mario, I'm so ready to jank people up with that fair (should this be real) These are my only gripes that I noticed:

1. Dark Pit was shown in Palutena's trailer and G&W in Pacman's yet they haven't been "officially" revealed as characters. Found that a bit weird.
2. Ganon's render looks very dark. Like incredibly dark in comparison to the rest of the roster.
3. The top and bottom "screens" are literally connected directly to each other, when, on a normal 3ds, there is a gap between them (Unless this is being ran on an emulator and a picture was taken of the screen)

3. The top and bottom "screens" are literally connected directly to each other, when, on a normal 3ds, there is a gap between them (Unless this is being ran on an emulator and a picture was taken of the screen)
It reminds me of the big booths they had set up so you could watch people playing the 3DS version.

It reminds me of the big booths they had set up so you could watch people playing the 3DS version.
Did they have it displayed on screen like that? (I didn't watch much 3DS E3 coverage or much of any 3DS footage at all actually) Because if they did, then disregard my number 3.

THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!

Nah just kidding, those would be Reapers. F-ing Reapers!
Tempura Wizards say hi.

I do appreciate Mimicuties though, those were a nightmare.
And hey, look at that! The guys who are salty about Uprising representation came back.
They're like roaches.

Alright, I'll respect wishes of people in here as I post more leak stuff. Same guy as the roster leak a couple pages back. Take a look.

Take a look at that Ganon! It's been confirmed that the design is different from any Twilight Princess or any other pre-existing Ganondorf images!
T4qj6fg.png

PxJSY9y.png

Alright, I'll respect wishes of people in here as I post more leak stuff. Same guy as the roster leak a couple pages back. Take a look.

Take a look at that Ganon! It's been confirmed that the design is different from any Twilight Princess or any other pre-existing Ganondorf images!
T4qj6fg.png

PxJSY9y.png
Oh... my god, . _. this is legit guys. X and Y happened all over again.

Oh... my god, . _. this is legit guys. X and Y happened all over again.
I know right? There's sooooo much distaste but so far, all the pics of the day and reveals are accounted for. The only things that aren't are official announcements for Dark Pit and G&W. But for realll maaan, BOWSER JR!!!

I'm on TeamReal for this one.

STUFF

....Well....I was/am TeamFake but now I'm not sure what to think.

If it does end up being fake though, major kudos to whoever put this much effort.

Pic of the day.

The treasure chests that appear in Smash Run are very important. Not only do they give you stat boosts, but they also give you custom parts (the bag on the right) and Smash Run powers (the bag on the left). You should pick these up and use them in the next battle!!

zlCfzSVmD-8Kr8Nvlc

…However, watch out for Mimicuties disguised as treasure chests. Run away! RUN AWAY!!

zlCfzSVmEQEqayQNaw

eh
that's all i have to say
the fakes and the pic of the day
eh

I know right? There's sooooo much distaste but so far, all the pics of the day and reveals are accounted for. The only things that aren't are official announcements for Dark Pit and G&W. But for realll maaan, BOWSER JR!!!

I'm on TeamReal for this one.

You're letting your want for Bowser Jr. cloud your judgement for how obviously fake it is. I think it's fake but that doesn't mean I don't still expect Shulk in the game.

Oh my god
what have I done
I was the one to bring this thing to light and now we're arguing
I mean it was gonna come up one way or another
but I could've suspended this darkness
forgive me
Forgive me...

I'm hoping it's fake because
Ew, Bowser Jr. I hate that smug little bastard. And Dr. Mario? Of all the Melee clones? Plus why cut Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers?

EDIT: Okay from what I've been hearing Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers are going to be DLC, so I guess Bowser Jr.'s the only big problem I have then.
Honestly though, aside from all that, I'm fine with this "roster."

Last edited:
I wanna believe

I wanna believe it's real

Yea it's a render. It's the high quality render taken directly from the site. Meaning it's not the low quality 3DS version. So if it's real, it's the Wii U version.....but it's not, so this is a silly argument.

..........have you seen no footage of the Smash 3DS or Wii U interfaces? A static image of the high-quality website render, NOT the 3DS render, appears on the bottom screen like in that image. If it is real (and you can't know that it isn't), that's what the bottom screen would look like.

Both Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario are pretty terrible additions, if you ask me, but all in all... if that IS the final roster, than not the worst. And if the DLC is real then it'll rock.

If Dr. Mario has the Mario Tornado instead of FLUDD, it'll at least provide a bit of a change.

But I really, really hope Doc wasn't put in due to be "heavily fan requested". I've seen people asking for him and I've always thought he was one of the worst characters in fighting game history. He's undetectably different from Mario sans his pill's movement pattern.

As for Dark Pit, maybe he'll have Pit's old moveset. That's a possibility. It'll at least make his Up-B make sense. I'm totally biased towards KI:U so I'm not worried about him.

Bowser Jr... I've never liked. Him being in the Koopa Klown Kar is a bit gimmicky, too. We'll have to see.

Duck Hunt Dog, I'm totally reserving my opinions on. Thought I'd hate ROB, but I grew to love him. So we'll see.

I wanna believe it's real.

Entirely because of Duck Hunt Dog and Dr. Mario.

Reactions: Rellek
Honestly, it's so up in the air at this point.

Could be real, could not. Could be partially real. Could be totally fake.

GUH I DON'T LIKE IT I LIKE KNOWING STUFF

I really hope only Shulk and Dark Pit are real. You really expect me to believe that guys like K. Rool, Isaac, and Takamaru got shafted in favor of Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr.?

So uh, this leak matches up pretty much exactly with a previous one - the Ninka leak. That one had blue/pink Mario and Green Bowser listed in it.

Check it out below:
g4eo9lj.jpg

The ninka leak is from the same guy, the little Mac pic is a stretch, and bowser jr is actually interesting. He's supposed to use his koopa clown car thing and use attacks from it and all of his last being all of the koopalings. Also that's Lucina's render, you know, the official one. This isn't 'obviously' fake, all of these renders are COMPLETELY new including the Dr. Mario one, Ganon has a new design, and you can't find any of the renders anywhere else.

Reactions: Rellek
why would you call the character bowser jr. if all of his alts are decidedly NOT bowser jr.
why not just call the collective character "Koopalings" instead of using the worst one to rep the group

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
i wonder what it would have been like if the "leak" contained ridley

You're clinging really hard to hoping this is real, aren't you?
Well it's not.
Why do you think it's fake, really?

Doc but not Pichu, this is fake guys

Doc but not Pichu, this is fake guys
Guys, it's fake Sakurai would never pick a stupid character that doesn't even fight like Duck Hunt.

I'm calling it real until Sakurai posts something that says otherwise. But I'm really not happy about Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Jigglypuff and Falco. (The last two should be the DLC. Not Wolf and Ice Climbers)

the fact that the supposed leaker is saying that there's DLC at all is part of why I'm calling it fake
Nintendo ain't about that shit and Sakurai definitely isn't either

He even said that any possible DLC would becoming after the game had been completed
Sakurai may be the type to do weird shit on a whim
but he's never struck me as the type to majorly go back on his statements like that

the fact that the supposed leaker is saying that there's DLC at all is part of why I'm calling it fake
Nintendo ain't about that shit and Sakurai definitely isn't either

He even said that any possible DLC would becoming after the game had been completed
Sakurai may be the type to do weird shit on a whim
but he's never struck me as the type to majorly go back on his statements like that
I'd like to direct you to Fire Emblem, haha. If anything they could've just planned those DLC ahead of time, and are going to develop it after the game's release.

i didn't know that Sakurai directed fire emblem thank you for the knowledge there, friend

i didn't know that Sakurai directed fire emblem thank you for the knowledge there, friend
You said Nintendo, pal.