• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Also, as someone pointed out.
If these characters really are in the game, where are the gameplay and pictures of them?
If Duck Hunt was really in the game, how about a picture of gameplay?

The clones are actually all bundled together. Except Toon Link for some reason.

Reactions: Smilax
Exactly, that makes no sense.
There's a huge descrepency right there.

And if he "didn't unlock all the characters yet", then why would those three STILL not be next to the series?

BECAUSE...

BECAUSEEEEE...

BECAUSE SHUT UP.

#TeamReal. #Showedthosenonbelieverswho'sboss.

Reactions: Cawtime
no one ever got anywhere by just believing what was there

2056_1369416231.jpg

You're letting your want for Bowser Jr. cloud your judgement for how obviously fake it is. I think it's fake but that doesn't mean I don't still expect Shulk in the game.
No I'm not. I sat back and assessed every minor detail about the entire thing (Ness's shirt patterns over the generations, the thicker line on Kirby's select screen placeholder, amoung other things people used to "debunk" it that turned out to be false/inconsistent or have a perfectly provable reason for existing.) and carefully came to the conclusion that this shit is real and you better get ready to get an ass whoopin by Bowser Jr.

Because
He's not a clone

Exactly, that makes no sense.
There's a huge descrepency right there.

And if he "didn't unlock all the characters yet", then why would those three STILL not be next to the series?
My turn to be vain buddy:
I'm going to enjoy your salt soo bad when this turns out real. Soooo good.

And another thing, certainly, this is the biggest/final Fire Emblem roster for Smash, if that was the case, shouldn't Lucina be next to Robin?
No other point in the leak does it mention another FE character
So unlocks, or not, Lucina should be next to Robin.
It's fucking fake.
Let's move on so we can hopefully hvae a better pic of the day tomorrow to shatter this.

And another thing, certainly, this is the biggest/final Fire Emblem roster for Smash, if that was the case, shouldn't Lucina be next to Robin?
No other point in the leak does it mention another FE character
So unlocks, or not, Lucina should be next to Robin.
It's fucking fake.
Let's move on so we can hopefully hvae a better pic of the day tomorrow to shatter this.
It's obvious that the clones are grouped together. It makes perfect sense. Try harder.

Toon Link is a semi-clone. He's totally different in weight and size and has differences in his specials beyond just physics.

That said guys, he's free to believe what he does. Don't be the Angry Atheist of Video Games.

Then why is Toon Link not there?
:|
Toon Link is still a clone.
You try harder, It hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm already 100% done with this leak.

He's not a clone, broski.Do I reeeeally need to go over an analysis for why Toon Link isn't a clone? I really don't want to waste my time trying to prove to ignorant people facts that they refuse to accept.

Lol that's evidence for it :P

The demo had Fox's background as green and people used it to "debunk" this leak. Turns out it was the demo being incomplete and the official box art lends credibility to the leak by having it the correct blue color.

it makes more sense for Fox to be green though?
I mean
he is the hero
leader of the team
DARK GREEN AND SILVER
and so on and so forth

No, it's clear they must've copied and pasted it from the box.
That's evidence against it.

Also gonna leave this here
Mac's face is too jagged and the chin is broader.
Very close, but there's still a visible difference.

it makes more sense for Fox to be green though?
I mean
he is the hero
leader of the team
DARK GREEN AND SILVER
and so on and so forth
Except the official box art says "No it's blue because SPACE!"

But seriously... half the damn cast is a shade of blue as their background colour, jesus...

If you guys want more reasons for why this is fake, let's talk about the ridiculous character selection. Bowser Jr, AKA ANOTHER MARIO REP? Dr Mario returns from Melee but Mewtwo doesn't? Sakurai holds back vets as DLC instead of putting them in at launch? I didn't know EA bought out Nintendo yesterday.

..........have you seen no footage of the Smash 3DS or Wii U interfaces? A static image of the high-quality website render, NOT the 3DS render, appears on the bottom screen like in that image. If it is real (and you can't know that it isn't), that's what the bottom screen would look like.

Yea, I discovered this not long after complaining about it. So that point is irrelevant.

If you guys want more reasons for why this is fake, let's talk about the ridiculous character selection. Bowser Jr, AKA ANOTHER MARIO REP? Dr Mario returns from Melee but Mewtwo doesn't? Sakurai holds back vets as DLC instead of putting them in at launch? I didn't know EA bought out Nintendo yesterday.

Yea, I discovered this not long after complaining about it. So that point is irrelevant.
Yeah, seriously.
Sakurai would not decide DLC ahead of time like this, nor would an ESRB rep know.
You guys are letting your desires for Shulk and Bowser Jr cloud your judgement and reason.
Face reality, this isn't going to happen, and it's only going to crush you when it's revealed it's fake.

So it's fake because it has characters you don't like? Gotcha.
Yeah, seriously.
Sakurai would not decide DLC ahead of time like this, nor would an ESRB rep know.
You guys are letting your desires for Shulk and Bowser Jr cloud your judgement and reason.
Face reality, this isn't going to happen, and it's only going to crush you when it's revealed it's fake.
I literally don't care for either of these characters.

Reactions: Rellek
If you guys want more reasons for why this is fake, let's talk about the ridiculous character selection. Bowser Jr, AKA ANOTHER MARIO REP? Dr Mario returns from Melee but Mewtwo doesn't?
Mario IS Nintendo's greatest selling franchise... It makes a lot of sense. Smash has had the most Mario reps of any franchise in the smash lineup since the very beginning.

Mommy and Daddy are fighting over Mewtwo and Ridley again.

Make it stop.
Go back to your goddamn room, Mommy needs some pills.

It's not Ridley this time :O I'm surprised! It must be fate.

Alright guys, Challenger Approaching Did a pretty good analysis of this leak
But it had one of the greatest stabs I've ever seen towards this
""While we’re on the subject of the ESRB, here’s a fun fact: Did you know that the ESRB never once touches the actual game that they’re judging? All the development companies have to do is send in a DVD showing them all the content of the game and the ESRB makes their decisions based on the info shown""
Sounds like damning evidence to me

I don't think Bowser Jr. is even popular enough to get into smash bros
heck
i don't think bowser jr is even popular

""While we’re on the subject of the ESRB, here’s a fun fact: Did you know that the ESRB never once touches the actual game that they’re judging? All the development companies have to do is send in a DVD showing them all the content of the game and the ESRB makes their decisions based on the info shown""
Yeah it was confirmed the leak is FOOTAGE.

Then why was the user named ESRB?
Hm?
Doesn't sound to me like they'd do that.
... I didn't know you were there, my bad.

So it's fake because it has characters you don't like? Gotcha.

I literally don't care for either of these characters.

No, I'm basing it off expectations. Smash 4 is the game with the most newcomers from brand new franchises to smash of them all (Smash 64 excluded, obviously). And so I would expect them to continue this trend by announcing more newcomers from new franchises, like Shulk or Chorus Men. Yes, I expect a Mario newcomer, and a Pokemon newcomer, since those are pretty much staples of the series at this point, but I only expect 1 each. Not 2+a clone, putting the SEVEN Mario characters in the lineup. Bowser Jr I would have believed possible until Rosalina was revealed. Now it just seems silly.

As for Dr Mario, I expect him to be a reskin at best. If Sakurai is gonna bring back a cut from Melee it would be pretty fucking awful of him to bring back one of the clones that got cut deservedly but not the original character that was left out for time constraints and nothing else, who also happens to be one of the most highly requested characters.

As for my third point, did you even read it? It's not very characteristic of Nintendo, especially not of Sakurai.

Reactions: Jutsei
As for my third point, did you even read it? It's not very characteristic of Nintendo, especially not of Sakurai.
Sakurai is known for his surprises. I'm not going to go into how many times he's 'trolled' us.

Mario IS Nintendo's greatest selling franchise... It makes a lot of sense. Smash has had the most Mario reps of any franchise in the smash lineup since the very beginning.

Pokemon has always had a greater than or equal number of newcomers to Mario. This would push Mario to 7 and Pokemon down to 5.

Oh, I assumed this was common knowledge. I would've shared this point earlier had I thought people didn't know this.

Sakurai is known for his surprises. I'm not going to go into how many times he's 'trolled' us.

"Pic of the day. Surprise! We're shipping the game unfinished, and you will have to pay extra for the remaining characters left out at launch!"

You realize that I could set my username/nickname on my 3ds to anything I want it to be? Like even something like... I dunno, ESRB0083.

What a coincidence... That means that, well, ANYONE could have made that name... Super weird...

Ok, then one more thing.
This is footage, right?
Pictures from footage?
Then how, how would they know about DLC?
Certainly Sakurai or Nintendo wouldn't tell the ESRB that at the end.

Pokemon has always had a greater than or equal number of newcomers to Mario. This would push Mario to 7 and Pokemon down to 5.
Incorrect! Yoshi and DK are well within the Mario universe. Same with Wario too. Notice how they are always in the same area on the character select screen? Gosh, Brawl had it close though. Pokemon having 6 and Mario having 8

Ok, then one more thing.
This is footage, right?
Pictures from footage?
Then how, how would they know about DLC?
Certainly Sakurai or Nintendo wouldn't tell the ESRB that at the end.
Ask the person that leaked it? I'm not going to go into any more hypothetical situations, it's not going to prove anything.