• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Let me tell you something. I played the crap out of Kid Icarus: Uprising and was a dash attack freak, and if Smash Bros. for 3DS is really THIS bad when it comes to breaking the controller:
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo5_500.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo2_250.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo3_250.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo1_250.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo4_250.jpg
In less than 2 days, mind you.
Then I think I'm starting to see why they made the New 3DS.

Reactions: musica
If anyone is interested, there's a pretty neat smash site over here: http://www.smashdomain.net/

It's not a huge community but it's pretty quaint. We hold regular events, some with real physical prizes, such as the forum scavenger hunt where the winner got a copy of the 3DS game and others got eshop credit. There's all kinds of events for every skill level. If you decide to join and need help with anything, I'm a mod there and go by iLink.

Reactions: Lavama
When did this happen? Was it crowdfunded or something? I haven't heard anything about it from Nintendo.
it is a fan game, also is any one ripping the ost from the 3ds version and uploading them yet?

When did this happen? Was it crowdfunded or something? I haven't heard anything about it from Nintendo.

My first guess is that it's an unofficial fan-game.

Let me tell you something. I played the crap out of Kid Icarus: Uprising and was a dash attack freak, and if Smash Bros. for 3DS is really THIS bad when it comes to breaking the controller:
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo5_500.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo2_250.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo3_250.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo1_250.jpg
tumblr_nbwcftuz0R1qzp9weo4_250.jpg
In less than 2 days, mind you.
Then I think I'm starting to see why they made the New 3DS.

I'm scared now. Scared to play the demo anymore. I've put 10 hours into it, but...

Custom move breakdowns

Mega Man's are THE BEST

5c4.png

ed1.png

02e.png

c1d.png

Mind telling us where you found these please?

I've also heard that several playable characters are only available in trophy form

i sure hope they fix that one

Reactions: musica and DDB
Goddammit I've been trying to main Peach,
I hope this gets patched before it reaches Americans.
Along with this other bug I've found where the Ice Climbers aren't playable.

I knew it was a bug. The Ridley bug must be gigantic.

I have a feeling that patches will be a big thing...

Maybe Nintendo will release a ton of patches for Smash to make it even more ballenced...

Maybe like some other game we all know and love!

There's a difference between patches and rereleases.

I have a feeling that patches will be a big thing...

Maybe Nintendo will release a ton of patches for Smash to make it even more ballenced...

Maybe like some other game we all know and love!

Playstation All-Stars?

why can't all fighting games get along and beat each other up?

The plumber is looking very strong in this game, he's really fun in the demo too.

To respond to this now...
g9POzc6.png

Better than nothing I suppose. I was hoping we'd have some Mother 3 assist trophies this time around though. Just one with Kumatora would be great!

why can't all fighting games get along and beat each other up?

Now I'm just imagining The Ultimate FG Crossover with a character from every memorable fighting game ever.

Broken 3DS Circle Pads

This right here is exactly what I've been fearing since smash was announced for 3DS. I wonder how they'll recover from this one.

This right here is exactly what I've been fearing since smash was announced for 3DS. I wonder how they'll recover from this one.
Well, they ARE introducing the New 3DS with the c-stick, after all.

Bizarre glitch with Wario:
Also with Wario: For some reason they got rid of his Wario Land inspired side smash, think they're going to use it for a custom move?

So a couple of Pokemon can only be used until certain requirements are met. Like Genesect after playing endless Melee, or Zoroark with 10 man melee.

Did this happen in earlier games? And do you think this will be exaggerated in the Wii U version?

So a couple of Pokemon can only be used until certain requirements are met. Like Genesect after playing endless Melee, or Zoroark with 10 man melee.

Did this happen in earlier games? And do you think this will be exaggerated in the Wii U version?
It happened with Assist Trophies in Brawl, but not with Pokemon. I don't think it'll go any further than this though.

*Ahem* How 'bout that Weegee Wiggle?

This?
I'm going to be honest, doesn't look like it's much of an advantage. Can it be used to one's advantage? Oh yeah, of course, but it doesn't seem too great.

tumblr_nbx03waSll1qg49d5o5_500.jpg

tumblr_nbx03waSll1qg49d5o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbx03waSll1qg49d5o3_500.jpg

tumblr_nbx03waSll1qg49d5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbx03waSll1qg49d5o1_1280.jpg

I think this may be the #1 most insane inclusion in Smash history, rivaling only Ice Climbers and ROB. I hope he gets lots of love though <3

"The Wii U Version has all the characters unlocked from the get-go"
jimcarreyfakelaugh.gif

Where'd you hear this? Or was that part of that "leak?"

You know any list with Mewtwo, Ridley, AND Dixie is a fake.

There have been multiple leaks saying Mewtwo/Ridley/Dixie/Chorus Men, including one of which leaked months ago and also had all the secret characters.

And besides...

It's still missing the Ice Climbers.

This?
I'm going to be honest, doesn't look like it's much of an advantage. Can it be used to one's advantage? Oh yeah, of course, but it doesn't seem too great.
nah. All characters can do it, but Luigi's is just great.
try to dash dance, but instead of smashing the stick, only push it slightly back and forth.
Most just spin in a circle, but Luigi Wiggles and bops his head back and forth.
Shofu found it wile streaming and he was using it as a taunt.

Knock Knock.

Who's There?

http://i.imgur.com/0uBu7MU.png another 4channer with a "leak"

Nice try but I'm not holding my breath. Besides, no Ice Climbers or Wolf? Dixie instead of K. Rool? Yeah I don't understand how people think these things make sense sometimes.

Reactions: DDB