• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

It's just using the same thing as the japanese commercial used, only with Italians.
as little mac has proved
Italians make everything better

He's italian? Hih, I always thought he as Puerto Rican.

Speaking of, Does Mac have an English voice in the US version or just the JP voice? It bugged me that they couldn't even just use some voice clips from Punch Out Wii for his trailer or the E3 demos.

Fox's voice really bugs me for some reason.

has fox ever not been boring or is this a new development

http://www.miicharacters.com/
For all your famous mii needs.

Not all of them. I'm still seeing a severe lack of Ripley from Aliens.

He was actually more boring in Assault. The guy had no emotion. Thankfully that changed in time for Brawl since it claims it uses the same actors.

It was never so high pitched, though.

He's italian? Hih, I always thought he as Puerto Rican.

Speaking of, Does Mac have an English voice in the US version or just the JP voice? It bugged me that they couldn't even just use some voice clips from Punch Out Wii for his trailer or the E3 demos.

Nope, it's the same voice.
And I'm pretty sure Mac has to be from SOMEWHERE in Europe, you know considering,
he can't jump.

Reactions: Lexeous
6389-7ba597930f36ad0d735c61ab07b0c49c.jpg

I guess this is Relevent...

Attachments

• Yup.jpg
    Yup.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 284
Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Fox's voice really bugs me for some reason.

Yea, it's terrible. Though apparently his new VA is his original one from Starfox 64, so I dunno. Do we be happy that it's true to the source material or disappointed that the truth sucks?

So bowser feels fucking amazing in this game. He's kind of become my main because I keep trying other characters but eventually switch to bowser because I win way more with him. That fair man. And every time I win by side b suiciding I fucking flip.

Reactions: JinKazama'94
indifferent since Fox has always sucked and we should be more disappointed at Little Mac and Doc not having a proper english voices

Yea, it's terrible. Though apparently his new VA is his original one from Starfox 64, so I dunno. Do we be happy that it's true to the source material or disappointed that the truth sucks?
The truth sucks. I'd rather have his Brawl voice back.

Reactions: BeatNinja
He sounds like a 1920's Gangster...

And that's a bad thing
Well now that you mention it, yea, he does. Sounds very squeaky.

indifferent since Fox has always sucked and we should be more disappointed at Little Mac and Doc not having a proper english voices

Doc's in English.
You can hear him in some of Mac's taunts.
Or are we talking about someone else?

oh thank god
i thought someone said that he only had his japanese voice

i guess that might apply to mac only
dude only needs grunts after all

Is it bad that I use Miis more than any other character?

not really
that's like saying "is it bad that I use Luigi more than any other character?"
Miis are as much a character as everyone else on the roster

not really
that's like saying "is it bad that I use Luigi more than any other character?"
Miis are as much a character as everyone else on the roster
Yeah...

No body really cares...

But Mii's do have a hell of a moveset

ZSS and Sheik just feel so strong in this game. I feel we may have a large portion of the roster rendered absolutely useless once more because of these 2.

they are the enemy to be destroyed
never let up in the good fight to destroy weeaboos and fanservice vehicles

So uh,
has anybody tried beating Level 9 Classic mode yet?
I've been trying and goddamn, I can't get past Master Core's first form (the humanoid) and that's after enough constant beating to land 2 KO Punches.

that's what happens when you strike at the monarchy, peasant

Apparently Pokemon summons have a very rare chance of being a shiny. Neato.

Master Core is indeed a monster.

I ran classic at 9 difficulty and ended up at like 7.5 because of it. I can usually get past the first form with 1 stock left, but haven't made it past the dog at 9 or 8.5 difficulty at all yet.

Lil Mac honestly feels pretty ok too, with the discovery that the KO punch seems to be unblockable. That's pretty huge as it makes throw/KO punch really really deadly. Other than that I've not discovered anyone else who feels really strong, but Bowser, Shulk, Greninja and Pac Man should at least be viable I think.

Apparently Pokemon summons have a very rare chance of being a shiny. Neato.

That's not neato. That's not even slightly neato. Goddamn it, Sakurai, now I have to grind for shines in SMASH too?
ARRRRG kill me now.

I'm determined at this point to main Little Mac even if it kills me.
I'm getting pretty used to him, I gotta remember to not jump so much as I'm really used to relying on aerials for approach.

And apparently DK just OBLITERATES Master Core, as I just found out.
I wish more of its forms would hang out closer to the ground so I could do the same thing with Mac.

I'm determined at this point to main Little Mac even if it kills me.
I'm getting pretty used to him, I gotta remember to not jump so much as I'm really used to relying on aerials for approach.

And apparently DK just OBLITERATES Master Core, as I just found out.
I wish more of its forms would hang out closer to the ground so I could do the same thing with Mac.

The Brawler Mii has some pretty OP moves...

Can anybody say Rapid Kick?

Lil Mac is totally the new main.
however, it is hard as shit to kill the hands with him, i think. I got to the hands without dying once on 9, but ended up on 4.5.

EDIT: a question: how do you know you have all the stages? is there an ingame way or do i have to go look up a list and then check to see if i have em all?

Last edited:
Ok, Sonic, pretty sure I'm maining him.

I think he is really, really good. Solid combos, good neutral and homing attack is a kill move now, so on a read at neutral or a tech chase, you can land kills. I think the character is really strong and he can't really be zoned out easily either so even if the game does evolve in a projectile heavy direction I think he will be good.

I've pretty much been playing zero suit most of the time cuz she has a lot of really fun little combos and tech that she can do. Her neutral game is really good and all of her moves are solid with regards to damage, knockback, recovery, and overall utility/versatility.

She can also get guaranteed kills off of her grab, lazer, down B, and down smash when at the right percentages. This is the main reason I like her, because it means that I can reliably get kills from a variety of different confirms rather than hoping to land a clean hit from neutral.

Zero Suit is broken, so I'm gonna have a pocket Zero Suit, I was mostly playing her before I realised how much I like Sonic in this version.