• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Anyone check out Mega Man yet?
He has to have received some kinda buff, right?

Anyone check out Mega Man yet?
He has to have received some kinda buff, right?

Apparently his fully charged Forward-Smash goes a lot farther now (halfway across FD). I'd check but I'm in class right now listening to a drag queen.

university english classes are weird

Oh yeah.
I was thinking more about his specials, like the Metal Blade serious needs some kinda power increase.

metal blade needs to be at least as strong as it is in Mega Man 2

From 4Chan. Take with a grain of salt.

EYYYY ROBIN AND NESS BUFFS. Happy days. I'll test 'em both when I get home.

Arcfire lasting a bit longer is kinda weird, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

metal blade needs to be at least as strong as it is in Mega Man 2

The only way for that to work would be to allow Mega Man to throw three in a row like in Mega Man 2. It already has eight direction throwing and the energy limit isn't even a thing.

The only way for that to work would be to allow Mega Man to throw three in a row like in Mega Man 2. It already has eight direction throwing and the energy limit isn't even a thing.

To be fair it wasn't much of a thing in Mega Man 2 either.
I just need it to do more than 4% and almost no knockback, Mega Man's a fucking zoner and the projectile with the most range in his arsenal is almost useless.

Now that I think about it, they made Arcfire a few frames longer probably for easier followups. I usually do Fair with the Levin Sword but I've been thinking about switching that to down grab into Up-air.

To be fair it wasn't much of a thing in Mega Man 2 either.
the heck version of mega man 2 did you play
unless it's useless against a certain boss or enemy, Metal Blade replaces most people's Mega Buster when they get it
it's just that good

the heck version of mega man 2 did you play
unless it's useless against a certain boss or enemy, Metal Blade replaces most people's Mega Buster when they get it
it's just that good

Yeah,
that's why the energy limitation wasn't really a thing.
Because you could essentially just fire it endlessly so long as you actually hit things with it.

For the record, I've heard that throwing the metal blade at the ground, picking it up, and throwing it with A is stronger.
Also, Mega Man is doing pretty fine as-is.
And this isn't even the best play I've seen from this guy. Saturday's tourney just hasn't been posted yet.

Apparently people are saying you can spike with Falco's DAIR again.

Neat I guess. I don't play Space Furries.
Wouldn't that be space feather...ies?

Anyway, glad to hear some buffs coming for characters. Say, if Marth is getting a longer reach, Lucina is too right?

Not necessarily. They might just be fixing tippers, which Lucina doesn't have.

I'm having too much fun with the image uploader, please send help.

Caught my bae sleepin'... sleep walkin' off a cliff.
B0-_rKsCQAARZJI.jpg:large

"I thought I got out, I thought I was set for retirement... And then they fuckin' dragged me back into this hellhole..."
B0_AcSDCMAAOJ4Z.jpg:large

INKY: GET.

mQI1kzO.png

OH GOD.
B0_Buz2CYAAaknJ.jpg:large

UM

UH

I
I think he's just holding up the 3DS on the Photo Channel and has some Smash music from Youtube playing... In actualality there's orange on the bottom screen if you pause at the right moment

Reactions: Rellek
Ain't buying it unless I see match footage like Bowser Jr had. That Bandana Dee pose is exactly the same as his Return to Dreamland artwork, which while plausible, also makes it really easy to catch if it's fake.

Ain't buying it unless I see match footage like Bowser Jr had. That Bandana Dee pose is exactly the same as his Return to Dreamland artwork, which while plausible, also makes it really easy to catch if it's fake.
Yes. That looks fake as hell. If he uploads the Gameplay... Then the shit will fly once more.

(But stuff like Wolf only being in and the Waddle Dee is just stupid. I do hope that the DLC will at least make the Screen look pretty)

Nah,
the images are pulled out too far, contrast to the extreme closeups of the rest of the cast, and that Mewtwo is literally the demo model they showed in the stream, there's no way that's his official art.

Nah,
the images are pulled out too far, contrast to the extreme closeups of the rest of the cast, and that Mewtwo is literally the demo model they showed in the stream, there's no way that's his official art.
And why is wolf there?

I mean, there's no clones that have the moves already put in the Alt moveset so wolf is not one of them

I thought that too, but this is most likely early, early, eaaarly stuff. The description says this:
J687z0f.png

Just a quick build scrounged up to show them who's going to be in. But that obviously begs the question: why in the belligerent fuck would they show IGN employees this to begin with, especially so early.

Yeah what makes IGN so special?
Also I think they wont put all of them on the demo if they just announced Mewtoo. Maybe there going to put in the charicters that aren't used for sidesmashes, hey maybe Snake might be DLC #WishfulThinking

nintendo has the sense to not have Kiefer Sutherland in their games, is what I think

Honestly, if they had enough content to put Mewtwo in a demo, they would show at least some teaser videos in his reveal direct. It doesn't make sense to weaken the hype of a reveal saying "huuuh... we'll show it when we have more" if you do have something.

Exactly. Especially after what happened last time.

This is fake.

Why prioritize Bandana Dee over King K. Rool anyways? I approve of the other three choices though.

sakurai loves his babbies (even if Bandanna Dee only got popular thanks to Kumazaki)

not to mention, a proper spear user in smash would be pretty cash money, if you ask me

Reactions: Φ
Then put in Krystal from Star Fox. Her staff pretty much doubles as a spear anyways. Kirby doesn't need a 4th character and even then, I'd rather it go to Prince Fluff instead. People were suggesting Yarn Kirby as a character back when Epic Yarn came out and Prince Fluff essentially has the same powers.

Yeah but Krystal is what killed the StarFox series and Bandanna Dee is a symbol of justice

Who is Krystal? Sounds like a horrible OC from a horrible fanfiction.

Reactions: JinKazama'94
When's Slippy?