• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I'm surprised there isn't a milestone that says "Beat Classic Mode with every fighter on 9.0!"

I think they're saving that for Wii U. They said the 3DS ones are easier.

I don't look forward to it. Hope it's Golden-Hammer-able.

I think they're saving that for Wii U. They said the 3DS ones are easier.

I don't look forward to it. Hope it's Golden-Hammer-able.
No, the milestones were the screens with an announcement and an exclamation point. What you're thinking of is challenges.

...I may have taken a long time trying to complete that specific task.

That's actually a surprisingly well balanced team. Although to be accurate you would have to have 3 of them holding mega stones, wasting 2 perfectly good item slots.
That's a fucking terrible team :P And only one of them needs a Megastone while the others are viable without it. That pokemon being Charizard and the preferred item of choice is Charizardite X. Give Pikachu Light Ball, Lucario a damn Life Orb and Mewtwo some Specs/Expert Belt and you're fucking golden.

not to mention you can only have one mega evolution at a time

So if you're doing a team battle with Charizard and Lucario

and both of them get a final Smash at some point in the match

then how does it work???

Sakurai doesn't know Pokemon what a looser

then how does it work???

Being on the same team does not make them in the same party.

You can have Mega Charizard and Mega Lucario on the same side of the field in a Multibattle.

I guess we're just gonna ignore how
there can only be one Smash Ball out and active at a time.

I guess we're just gonna ignore how
there can only be one Smash Ball out and active at a time.
He was more alluding to the fact that you can have Mega Lucario out and running about on the same team as Mega Charizard. Even if the first Mega evolution is taken down, you can't have the other use their megaevolution as you can literally only have one per battle.

But yes, there can only be one smash ball at a time.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Oh.
Okay, for some reason I thought he was saying at the same time.
And people were just going with it.
But I see where I messed up now.
Okay.

I'll wait for Robin's thank you. It's still a really cool idea though.

Guys let's stop and remember what's important here

tumblr_m853e3a4m71qiz5r3o1_500.png

FOUR CAPTAIN FALCONS PLAYING ARCADE F-ZERO AX
Does F-Zero AX even exist anymore? If so where can I find it.

on the Gamecube

The A just looks a little weird

If that were true I wouldn't be spending my entire life getting good at the game just so I can grind the story mode and get the new racers.

NEW CLUB NINTENDO ITEM - SMASH POSTER 3 PACK

For 700 CN coins, get Villager's, Rosalina's and Palutena's Smash posters. I'd get 'em if I had enough coins and place for 'em.
"Each gorgeous, full-color poster stars a Smash fighter in top form against three challengers."

Love how Dark Pit is the third challenger on Palutena's poster yet no one would believe it.

then how does it work???

Technically they can't even mega evolve without trainers, so you know whatever.

NEW CLUB NINTENDO ITEM - SMASH POSTER 3 PACK

For 700 CN coins, get Villager's, Rosalina's and Palutena's Smash posters. I'd get 'em if I had enough coins and place for 'em.
FUCK.
I would have enough for this if I hadn't bought kirby super star last month. :/
And like all good things on club nintendo, it will be sold out tomorrow and they won't ever restock.

Just place an order an hour ago on them. I still have 2600 coins left...

I'll have frames ready for the Rosalina and Palutena posters. Villager will go either in my closet or to some other person's house.

That's a fucking terrible team :P And only one of them needs a Megastone while the others are viable without it. That pokemon being Charizard and the preferred item of choice is Charizardite X. Give Pikachu Light Ball, Lucario a damn Life Orb and Mewtwo some Specs/Expert Belt and you're fucking golden.

I said "to be accurate." As in, because the pokemon in Smash all mega evolve, they would have to be holding mega stones in order to be a Smash themed team. And yes I know it's not a very good team in general but it covers a wide array of types.

can't you just kill all the Flying Men then carry on as normal
there's only 5 after all

Remember when people were calling for Magicant to be tourney-legal?
Dumb stages people on reddit said should be legal:
Orbital Gate Assault
The two layer DK stage
Gamer
Mario fucking galaxy

Orbital Gate Assault

"The stage transitions will be fine, I promise!"

The two layer DK stage

"The cooldown means that there will be absolutely no circle camping, whatsoever!"

Gamer

"It's not going to launch you that far, guys."

Mario fucking galaxy

I can't even make a joke for that, it's just so ridiculous.

(Guess I'm doing POTD today.)

daily-en.jpg

"Pic of the day. Stamina-based, Mega-sized with the Bunny Hood, Back Shield with Reflect, Lightweight, Slow, Angled Smash."

The customization options seem a lot more expansive then Brawl's, which is nice.
I'll never use it anyways, but I guess it's cool for people who like customization.

EDIT: You missed yesterday's, too. You people are off your game.

zlCfzSlsxaADLyAUvH

"Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening."

Last edited:
To be fair, none of this stuff yould be new if you watched the Direct (or for Shulk's colors, if you already had the 3DS game =P)

Yeah but if it keeps this thread from getting ridiculous again......

Reactions: Jake Was Here
So in easy-to-fake-leaks news, 4Chan apparently found this in the games code.

tumblr_ne6tukW4wB1rqc604o1_1280.jpg

Ice Climbers
Nintendoland
Golden Sun
Chibi Robo
Wonderful 101
Rhythm Heaven

Remember, stages have icons too

As usual, is most likely BS, but it looks pretty cool. Except the last one. It's pretty lazy.

but why that logo for Rhythm Heaven
is it a bowtie
why a bowtie to represent the series