• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I expected this to be the end of stages. Oh well.

That said, I'm pretty sure we'll see more stages in updates or DLC. I mean, Miiverse is confirmed to be the first, but the Mario Kart 8 route of more stages later on only makes sense.

Lucas plus another Mother stage DLC pack when

I expected this to be the end of stages. Oh well.

That said, I'm pretty sure we'll see more stages in updates or DLC. I mean, Miiverse is confirmed to be the first, but the Mario Kart 8 route of more stages later on only makes sense.

Lucas plus another Mother stage DLC pack when
Lucas and masked man please

When's the Metroid DLC pack?
With Ridley, Rundas, and Dark Samus as playable characters and a Sector 5 stage with Nightmare boss.

Honestly though, the CSS has room for 2-3 more characters after Mewtwo in both versions.

I can't imagine Mewtwo being the only one - even Playstation All Stars had four characters.

There would have been six (Dart and Abe) but aha lol Sony

And those Bando Namcai advertisments for helping to make "Smash 6" might just be codename for Smash 4 DLC

edit:
B20WJocCIAA7oD4.png:large

Last edited:
Probably.
Too much water was a notorious complaint by IGN on Pokemon ORAS, so that seems like a joke on that.
Of course, by analyzing it this closely, I've probably ruined the joke.

"I understand that DLC could add a lot to the appeal of Smash Bros.," Sakurai said, "and I appreciate that a major part of the excitement for these games come from which characters will appear in the roster, so I think fans could really enjoy DLC that could keep this excitement going. However, I think there might be criticism that we are cutting up content to sell characters one by one, or that we are adding things later that should have been there from the start.

"Creating a single fighter involves a huge investment, and we've already been giving it our all and investing a lot of work in the characters currently available in the game and, I think it’s an incredible package in terms of the sheer amount of content in the game. But it might be that people may not understand and may think that I am not offering enough by just looking at DLC itself.

"In light of this, we always need to weigh up both sides of this topic and carefully consider whether it really is best to have DLC or not.

"However, what I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren't working on anything at the moment," he continued. "We’ve put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people. I can't yet give you an answer about whether the price would justify the costs and criticisms mentioned above."

But what about adding Nintendo executives Reggie Fils-Aime, Shigeru Miyamoto or Satoru Iwata as official playable characters? Surely they'd turn a profit?

"I don't think the inclusion of these characters would be very interesting to a wide audience," Sakurai continues. "For the amount of effort involved, I would actually prefer to add another roster character. As it takes a lot of work to add a character to the game, it’s not a decision that can be taken lightly."

I think this is heavily pointing towards DLC content down the road that would be "Nintendo Quality"

the solution is simple
sell packs of two characters at once
one normal and one clone

Apparently unlocking stuff is super easy in Smash U

Characters are all done by simply playing matches - 1 stock 300% racing through it takes "an hour"

All the stages are unlockable through Event Mode except one that's unlocked by playing all 3 Smash Tour boards, which is also easy as long as you play with minimum rounds.

So yeah - should be easy to get them all.

Apparently unlocking stuff is super easy in Smash U

Characters are all done by simply playing matches - 1 stock 300% racing through it takes "an hour"

All the stages are unlockable through Event Mode except one that's unlocked by playing all 3 Smash Tour boards, which is also easy as long as you play with minimum rounds.

So yeah - should be easy to get them all.
what about custom moves? how easy are they to get?

Then,
don't use the move when you've got a health disadvantage? Or by an edge if you don't want to go off of it?
Just pretend it's like Mac's sideB and only use it in the appropriate times and places.
There are much better ways to have balanced the move. Like being able to shake out of it after it travels X distance (higher damage==longer to escape) and having the move only guarantee a KO at higher damages...

And the change is even dumber when Gannon keeps his double ko and still wins...

And the change is even dumber when Gannon keeps his double ko and still wins...

That's because Ganoncide is a lot more tricky to pull off, you have to get the opponent off the edge and hit them with a mid-air command grab with a tiny range and long startup.
Bowser's has super fast startup and can be done anywhere near the edge to get a KO, granted that Bowser has a good deal more health than the opponent, (Bowsercide!=Ganoncide).

Were there better ways to fix this, yeah probably, but all the complaining surrounding it just feels like people getting angry because change happened.

Reactions: Rellek
He's not working on paid DLC
clearly all the other characters will be free

You say that as if people weren't going to bicker about who would be in the roster for the next game anyway. It's an endless cycle, might as well get some stuff out of the way early.

Any kind of DLC at all. Just leave it out.

Any kind of DLC at all. Just leave it out.

Really? Cause like, what's wrong with something like the Mario Kart 8 DLC? Like, Nintendo-quality DLC that's clearly new content for an affordable price that adds a lot to the game?

Like I get that there's a stigma towards DLC from how other companies handle it, but Nintendo knows what they're doing, ya know?

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
That's because Ganoncide is a lot more tricky to pull off, you have to get the opponent off the edge and hit them with a mid-air command grab with a tiny range and long startup.
Bowser's has super fast startup and can be done anywhere near the edge to get a KO, granted that Bowser has a good deal more health than the opponent, (Bowsercide!=Ganoncide).

Were there better ways to fix this, yeah probably, but all the complaining surrounding it just feels like people getting angry because change happened.
like I said
any Ganon that gets a Ganoncide worked for it and fucking deserves to keep it
Maybe I'm biased about the difficulty of the move. I've played against and as both characters and had pretty equal success (actually I've gannoncided more). Bowsers isn't a guaranteed kill at lower percentages (unless he's right at the edge of a ledge) because the opponent has more control over where it goes, so getting killed by it usually means you (the general "you") approached him in an unwise way and/or were grabbed at high enough damage.

And, to me at least, changes need to be reasonable. Guaranteeing that bowser dies and the opponent doesnt, especially when there are circumstances where the opponent has more control over the move than you, was not a reasonable change. The patch had some reasonable changes and I accept those even if my mains get nerfed (but especially if their buffed). But bowsercide not killing anymore and little macs side recovery getting worse....I believe those are complaint worthy.

Heck, I prefer Brawl to Melee and believe Smash Wii U will be better than both overall, so I'm definitely on the side that's not against change.....but the changes need to be good. Tis' all. Some of these changes just feel like those early Sentinel nerfs in MVC3...

as long it's made clear that it's content being developed after the game's normal dev cycle and isn't being restricted for sale later, or even worse, locked on disc
then I don't even see a problem with DLC beyond internet babbies being little butt barons

I think this is the longest I've seen Ruin be completely serious about an argument.

I think this is the longest I've seen Ruin be completely serious about an argument.

Well now you triggered it.
Now he has to say something ironic and goofy just to defy this statement, it's comedic law.
However, if I point out that he will say something stupid, he then cannot because doing so would be to fall right into expectations, which is what such a post would be attempting to avoid anyways.
Check...mate.

you say that but bam
egg-muffin-toaster-2.jpg

No one expects the Toaster-That-Also-Cooks-Eggsquisition

;-; why mr. samurai
No seriously, why?
You've got him walking around fine in the Pyrosphere stage.
You've got a perfect fighter-sized Ridley in the Melee opening.
You've got characters that can fly.
There are countless hacks that prove it's possible, if flying is such a concern involve flying in some his moves, side smash has him sly forward and drag his tail on the ground, up smash have him do a leaping tackle, there are so many ways around this, goddammit Sakurai.

You made Duck Hunt work but when it comes to Ridley, Oh man I just don't know what to do.

;-; why mr. samurai
No seriously, why?
You've got him walking around fine in the Pyrosphere stage.
You've got a perfect fighter-sized Ridley in the Melee opening.
You've got characters that can fly.
There are countless hacks that prove it's possible, if flying is such a concern involve flying in some his moves, side smash has him sly forward and drag his tail on the ground, up smash have him do a leaping tackle, there are so many ways around this, goddammit Sakurai.

You made Duck Hunt work but when it comes to Ridley, Oh man I just don't know what to do.

Did it ever occur to you that doing all that might take more time than it's worth for him and that he'd rather spend that kind of time and effort on polishing the game and other content?

I'm still waiting for an explanation on a lack of K. Rool. At least Ridley gets to be a boss. K. Rool has never gotten jack shit other than an in-game trophy.

Did it ever occur to you that doing all that might take more time than it's worth for him and that he'd rather spend that kind of time and effort on polishing the game and other content?

I'm still waiting for an explanation on a lack of K. Rool. At least Ridley gets to be a boss. K. Rool has never gotten jack shit other than an in-game trophy.

K Rool hasn't appeared in a game in over a decade. If there's gonna be any DK rep it'll be Dixie.

Vectoring is officially dead.
http://smashboards.com/threads/comm...oved-more-combos.378404/page-44#post-18017756
Which ALSO means that Wectoring (Or that weird Wario glitch) may have been unintentionally removed.

Also: http://gfycat.com/WhiteNeighboringImperialeagle

Wait seriously? But they had an official term for it and everything in the hints menu. It was definitely an intentional mechanic, I can't believe they actually realized how shitty it was. This may also be why people were claiming characters died at lower percentages in the Wii U version.

Alright then,
RIDLEY DEFENSE SQUAD LET'S GO.

here's my take
ridley is boring as fuck and would just be a malnourished Charizard
case closed fuck metroid when's little mac

I've scratched my brain long and hard about the subject,
and aside from being an anti-Little Mac (good in the air, really bad on the ground) I do agree he'd be a little boring, moveset-wise.
He can join the club along with every other boring fighter in the roster:
Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Bowser, Zelda in 4, Sheik in 4, Marth, Meta-Knight, Pit, Zero-Suit Samus, Ike, Charizard, Toon Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Lucina, Sonic, Pac-Man, Falco, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch, and Jigglypuff.
Not to mention that doesn't really matter since interesting movesets are only half of what's important in a crossover, the other half being representation.
And Metroid has some absolute shit representation, mainly due to the fact that it's missing it's main antagonist in playable form.

Did it ever occur to you that making K. Rool might take more time than it's worth for him, and that he'd rather spend that kind of time and effort on polishing the game and other content.

Did it ever occur to you that bringing back Lucas might take more time than it's worth for him, and that he'd rather spend that kind of time and effort on polishing the game and other content.

Did it ever occur to you that making Duck Hunt might take more time than it's worth for him, and that he'd rather spend that kind of time and effort on polishing the game and other content.

Did it ever occur to you that making including literally any character might take more time than it's worth for him, and that he'd rather spend that kind of time and effort on polishing the game and other content.

Holy hell that's a broad statement that you can plug literally any other character into.

Ridley as the main antagonist
what a story mark

I
actually
have no idea what you're talking about.
Is there any way you could rephrase this statement?

I'm confused as well.

I mean, have you fucking SEEN Charizard's jumps? Not malnourished my ass.

If we could get an aerial based Charizard with some sick hops then I would jump on that shit.

Ridley is less the main antagonist of the metroid series and more the rival, if you ask me
He's never the mastermind or the actual driving force of the plot and more ultimately serves as a major opposing force for Samus (not to mention his appearances in Fusion and the Prime series are token at best)
He's the most NOTABLE antagonist from Metroid but no where ever near the MAIN antagonist

that said he's still weak as fuck and doesn't need to be in smash bros beyond how he already has