• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

A miserable little pile of concepts.

But yeah, this was a good week of reveals!

I agree! A spiking dair on Link AND a return of a Fire Emblem character. My week is 100 times better.

The hype!

So can we expect something related to Zelda on November 22?!

We will never know! Thanks Trollusai! >:[

Late to the party but I really liked Marth design this time...

The hype!

So can we expect something related to Zelda on November 22?!

We will never know! Thanks Trollusai! >:[

Late to the party but I really liked Marth design this time...
I think we can expect a Mario and a Zelda reveal this month.

Let's hope for Wario, Waluigi, or on the Zelda side: Ganondorf, or Zelda!

I think we can expect a Mario and a Zelda reveal this month.

Let's hope for Wario, Waluigi, or on the Zelda side: Ganondorf, or Zelda!
I really hope Waluigi doesn't get in. He's so unnecessary.
The only argument I've seen for why he should be in is "Well, we already have Wario, so why not?"

I really hope Waluigi doesn't get in. He's so unnecessary.
The only argument I've seen for why he should be in is "Well, we already have Wario, so why not?"

At least Waluigi has moveset potential.
The people asking for DAISY have to have mental illnesses. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHAT CAN SHE DO
SHE IS LITERALLY A CLONE OF PEACH

The people asking for DAISY have to have mental illnesses. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHAT CAN SHE DO
Well that's why she would be a good alternate outfit for peach and i kind of hope she is an alt outfit, and maybe roselina also.

Have you not played Mario Party 3?! Daisy would be the most powerful character in the game.

Well that's why she would be a good alternate outfit for peach and i kind of hope she is an alt outfit, and maybe roselina also.
How would an alt costume be any different then an alt palette for Daisy? But yesohmygosh Roselina costume. Though she would be a bit short.

Have you not played Mario Party 3?! Daisy would be the most powerful character in the game.
well kind of like how melee did it and change more than her dress and hair color.
Also daisy would have the best taunts like she does in mario tennis/golf.

I always thought that Daisy came before Peach? And that she was super shafted until Mario Party 3 (the greatest Mario Party of ALL time) came out? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I always thought that Daisy came before Peach? And that she was super shafted until Mario Party 3 (the greatest Mario Party of ALL time) came out? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Princess Toadstool (renamed Peach in Super Mario 64) debuted in Super Mario Bros (NES, 1985). Daisy debuted in Super Mario Land (GB, 1989).

Huh... I keep getting those years mixed up.

So you guys want this in Smash?
hi__i__m_daisy_by_madonnafan123-d4h66fp.jpg

In reality Daisy would be pretty different from Peach, since the Mario sports games make her out to be kind of insane and tomboyish. Nonetheless I don't want her, if we get anything new from Mario it should be Fawful

It's like they think Smash Bros. is a mario spin off with some other nintendo cameos.
Seriously, I don't want half of the character select screen to be mario characters.

You're thinking of Pauline.

I actually want Daisy. This game needs more females.
Lyn, Fire Emblem
Kris, Pokemon
Jody Summer, F-Zero
Dixie Kong, DK Country
Krystal, Star Fox
Mia, Golden Sun
Ashley, Warioware
Midna, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tetra, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Palutena, Kid Icarus Uprising

There you go. 10 female nintendo characters that deserve to be in smash bros. about 1000x more than Daisy does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rellek
I'd like all of them. But not Krystal, I can't stand her. But nonetheless, the more females the better.

Fawful would be the Mustard on the smash bros hotdog
MUSTARD OF DOOM

There you go. 10 female nintendo characters that deserve to be in smash bros. about 1000x more than Daisy does.

You sound so passionately against Daisy getting in. You're awesome because fuck yeah half of that list is great.

I've been an advocate for Fawful for smash for... well for a long time, lets just say that. I really think he could fit in very well within the smash series.

Plus, EVERYONE NEEDS CHORTLES.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
After playing more of The Wonderful 101 I really want to see a team of the Wonderful Ones as a character. I'd kinda like to see a mix of the weapons being used for normal attacks (Unite Hand for a standard combo, Unite Hammer for a side smash, sword for a neutral air, etc.) while the other unite morphs and universal techniques could be used for specials (Unite Guts for a regular B, Wonderful Stinger for side B, Wonderful Rising for Up B, and Unite Tombstone for Down B). Along with that, maybe they could have a gimmick where they could "save" citizens along the stage and increase the size of their attacks the more team members they have.

Final Smash would probably be Unlimited Mode, but I bet there's something better further in the game that I'm unaware about.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
My "dream" combatant is still Ray-01 (GameCube version)
Ray01Robo.png

Not only does he look awesome (GIANT except actually tiny ROBOT YEAHHHH) he has a great arsenal to work from. He would be a "trap" fighter, as in he can shoot pods or missiles far on the stage to stop advancing or retreating opponents. He has a melee-type dash that launches opponents upwards, and his final smash could either be the Dragon Gun (one of the most powerful legal weapons in the game) or an illlegal part that would allow him to wreck shit.

It's also first/second party Nintendo, so there's that.

All I want is Wario back. I'm fine with any newcomer at this point

That seems promising. I don't see him having a difficult time coming back. His attacks need some updating though because as is, they're horrendous.

Does Windy Hill look like it might be a scrolling stage to you? All of the footage there has the camera centered, so it seems like they don't want us to see the whole stage.

My "dream" combatant is still Ray-01 (GameCube version)
Not only does he look awesome (GIANT except actually tiny ROBOT YEAHHHH) he has a great arsenal to work from. He would be a "trap" fighter, as in he can shoot pods or missiles far on the stage to stop advancing or retreating opponents. He has a melee-type dash that launches opponents upwards, and his final smash could either be the Dragon Gun (one of the most powerful legal weapons in the game) or an illlegal part that would allow him to wreck shit.

It's also first/second party Nintendo, so there's that.
BROTHER/SISTER/SIBLING!

Finally, I meet someone else who even knows what Custom Robo is! However, I think soulboost would be a better final smash. Its cliche, but it works.

Does Windy Hill look like it might be a scrolling stage to you? All of the footage there has the camera centered, so it seems like they don't want us to see the whole stage.

It more than likely operates the same way the 3D stages in Lost World do, in that it's a rotating cylinder with a different landscape dividing the two halves. (Watch a video of Sonic Lost World to get a better idea of what I'm talking about) The only difference is Sonic Lost World's cylindrical stages stay in play. I can't tell from either the screens or the footage but this one might just rotate automatically, moving the stationary platforms out of bounds over time. Or it could just be like Green Hill Zone but with an upward slope instead of a downward one.

I'd like all of them. But not Krystal, I can't stand her. But nonetheless, the more females the better.

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

It more than likely operates the same way the 3D stages in Lost World do, in that it's a rotating cylinder with a different landscape dividing the two halves. (Watch a video of Sonic Lost World to get a better idea of what I'm talking about) The only difference is Sonic Lost World's cylindrical stages stay in play. I can't tell from either the screens or the footage but this one might just rotate automatically, moving the stationary platforms out of bounds over time. Or it could just be like Green Hill Zone but with an upward slope instead of a downward one.

Sooo... kinda like Frigate Orpheon? Except not as derpy.

It's either that or Capsule needs to watch what it's eating.

It looks like a miniature propane tank now.