• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Well he's all kinda dead by after Fusion.
Seems like a good point to drop him :v

Or at least introduce his brother, Scott

As far as I know, Ridley is Samus's Bowser. Metroid series doesnt really have many other rep choices.

Rundas for Smash 5 plz.

There was that blue and neon green dude that some of the prime guys are saying they wanted to make significant if they made another one so idk

I've always said that all the Metroid reps should be variations on Samus.
Dark Samus, Fusion Samus, PED Samus, etc etc

In a surprising twist, SA-X is the last character revealed.

And still plays better than Samus

In a surprising twist, SA-X is the last character revealed.

And still plays better than Samus
Yo but real talk though what they've done with regular Samus in this game is criminal. They straight up admit to you in the hint section that the jab is busted and useless. Her moves are straight garbage most of the time.

SA-X as a character working better than Samus is so easy to imagine because a bare bones character still has more working moves than she does.

Well now, it's certainly is refreshing to see my favorite forumers engaged in such a lively and spirited debate. Far be it for me to interfere, no sir, I thought I'd drop by in rarely occurrence to say something clever, then mosey along. Then return near the end of the discussion to completely derail it.

But for real, Samus is busted, Zero Suit is broken, and the only other character of note from Metriod is Ridley, who's not gonna make it in for several already explained reasons.

You can't go down, we have bills to pay.

And I'm hungry.
Well we won't have any grocery money if your father gets banned.

Eternal Darkness rep when

Reactions: musica
Instead of Banjo, what about him...

CBFD1.jpg

After his DLC's cancellation from Project Spark I think Microsoft is probably scrapping him

Did they honestly expect anything better?
I mean like, is ANYONE talking about Project Spark?
Like, anyone?
I half-think Dreams was made by Media Molecule because they saw how shitty Project Spark was

Wait, Project Spark is out...?

http://projectmgame.com/

I'm crying right now. This game was my life, and now it's gone. And there's no way the scene can continue when this is almost certainly a legal shutdown. No TO will ever touch this game again, not with a 10 foot pole.

About time.. Maybe people will stop asking me if I can convert my move sets to that damn project's standards..

Damn.
The coldness from this thread.
Sorry.. Being one of the higher tiered animators for Brawl, I got inboxes full of people wanting me to change my move sets to other systems, namely PM. Drove me nuts. Changing a move set isn't easy.. would take months to study the system then change it proper

But I liked Project M...

I could Rest for days.

I feel for P:M's fans, but with all the changes they made for it (SPLITTING UP RED'S POKEMON), I personally don't care about it enough to really feel anything

GL to the devs and what they do after this tho

I got this announcement as I was watching the Indivisible Indiegogo doing super well last night. I didn't need those feels at a time like that.

While nothing has been confirmed on the matter, the hastiness of the announcement (they had just two weeks ago announced upcoming costume updates) combined with the PMBR taking down the downloads for the game entirely, there is speculation that P:M was C&Ded and either the PMBR are forced to or choose to say nothing about it.

Granted, removing the download could have been because they had no more room for bandwidth, and the hastiness could be the result of enough people being ready to move on at the same time despite the updates they announced, but I am honestly worried that this was forced by Nintendo's hand.

I hope I'm wrong.

Official word is that shutting down was a choice that the PMDT made, in order to preempt legal action so that they wouldn't get C&Ded, but whether this decision was made by the team on their own or because of some knowledge of a C&D that was made known to them. It's probably nothing so interesting, but it still hurts like hell.
RIP Project M. Hope to god this doesn't drop the game from the few tourneys that still run it.

I definitely respect PM and the people who can play it well. It's a shame we'll never see any actual newcomers like Lyn and Knuckles.

Wait,they were making Lyn?
I salute them,and regret their departure now

There's plenty of Knuckles move sets on the Vault. Not sure about Lyn personally and don't feel like actually looking.

Man this is some heartbreaking stuff. Seeing the news was almost numbing. PM has been the main iteration of Smash that I've played and I can only hope that the scene pulls a Melee and stays alive. Best of luck to the Devs in their future endeavors and rest in peace to the possibility of Isaac being playable.

Reactions: juju_for_president
well well well
the prodigal son returns
I missed you, son ;~;