• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

now smash bros has the final character from space that it needs

When's that Little Mac trailer amirite?

I keep forgetting that one of the best parts about this announcement is all the Mario Galaxy music that's going to be in the game.

now smash bros has the final character from space that it needs
SCREW OFF. I WANT CAPTAIN FALCON!

Reactions: Smilax and DDB
I MEAN NEW ADDITIONS
IT WAS A WAY TO SAY FUCK RIDLEY AND ANY NEW STAR FOX CHARACTERS

Reactions: Rellek
No no no.

It's FUCK GENO AND ANY NEW STAR FOX CHARACTERS.

Reactions: Lavama
I couldn't give two shits about Ridley, and I could care less if Krystal's anything outside of a collectable.

Geno, don't care for.

now we just need Little Mac and the first step to world domination will be complete

This guy?

Little_Mac_vs_King_by_NeoSlashott.jpg

Reactions: TailsWorld1
That can't be right. Where's the 1000 Island? The extra bun? The smaller-than-big Mac appeal?

This guy?

Little_Mac_vs_King_by_NeoSlashott.jpg

Suddenly Aran Ryan's "You probably got cheeseburgers in those gloves" remark makes so much more sense now.

Reactions: Lavama
Just woke up and just read up on the reveal and I gotta say... I TOLD YOU SO. Didn't fucking believe that Rosalina had a chance... Jerks... Anyways, seeing that gameplay I'm fucking PSYCHED!!!! I'm absolutely day 1 getting this game and playing Rosalina until I am a god damned master.

I had a feeling Rosalina had a chance after 3D WOrld.
Very good.
i love how her Luma is basically a stand or Nirvana.
Hyped as fuck.

Also, this basically means that any character is possible at this point. If anything this gives the ole' Waddle Dee Supporters hope.

Also, this basically means that any character is possible at this point. If anything this gives the ole' Waddle Dee Supporters hope.
No it doesn't. It doesn't mean anything.

She was a perfectly legitimate candidate, what are you on?

*Wakes up*
*Turns on computer*
*Goes to Youtube*
"Rosalina in Smash 4"

HOLY SHIT!

Wow, did not expect any useful info to come out of this Direct, but apparently I have to go watch it now.
I'm sure DDB is happy too considering this is the closest we get to Annie in Smash.

Do you say this about every reveal? While most did not expect her, it's not like her in smash came out of nowhere. She was relevant to the main series Mario games on the Wii, and has been thrown into a few other Mario games as a side character since then (MKWii, MK7, SM3DW).

I'm sure DDB is happy too considering this is the closest we get to Annie in Smash.

Do you say this about every reveal? While most did not expect her, it's not like her in smash came out of nowhere. She was relevant to the main series Mario games on the Wii, and has been thrown into a few other Mario games as a side character since then (MKWii, MK7, SM3DW).
Thumbs up for that first bit there. Those were my thoughts exactly! Haha!

And if anything comes out of this, we should be wary of the possibility of really "out in left field" characters. The more updates we get and the newcomers are suggesting that perhaps only big names are making it. Rosalina, Mega man, Villager all come from BIG games. Even the odd WFT had a hugely successful game.

So that gives me MORE HOPE that Dixie Kong's going to be playable because, let's face it, Tropical Freeze is going to FLY off the shelves.

It still does give others a shot. God >_>

Plus Sakurai seems to be going for more inventive movesets.
Waddle Dee has a spear.
That's Mid-range.
Could be interesting.
Bah I dunno

I'm very okay with Rosalina getting in. Now come on Nintendo, give us more newcomers! Someone on 4chan said something about wanting Super Mario Strikers Daisy as a playable character, and I think that would be pretty cool, although I don't really want to see any more Mario characters.

I agree, we have a grand total of 5 Mario characters (4 if you put Bowser into his own category)...

Which reminds me... If they're taking the same approach as they did last time in Brawl, they wouldn't want to over represent a certain series while leaving others horribly under respresented... I think they might be limiting it to 4 per "series emblem" (Mario's Mushroom, Link's Triforce). Though I'm not sure, because they might, but it'll be hard for the Zelda characters. Anyways, point is, Bowser could get his own series emblem (Obviously the infamous Bowser face) aaaaaand allow Bowser Jr to come in andwreak some havoc with his father. And neither of them have to be associated with their eternal enemy, Mario.

Thoughts?

i think the most they could get away with now is putting Waluigi under the W banner

Considering that Bowser has the regular Mario emblem on the site I doubt that being the case.

But didn't Brawl have 4?

Considering that Bowser has the regular Mario emblem on the site I doubt that being the case.
Oh! Good catch, I didn't see those. Well that's a huge let down for me. There probably won't be another Mario rep :( I can still hope for 6 with Bowser Jr. Not likely anymore though :/

That also means though that they could easily make 5 pokemon reps. Perhaps Lucario AND Mewtwo simultaneously is possible.

Rosalina, Woman of the Stars. Fairer than she looks.

A puppet character is a weird move for smash bros. in general.
It's definitely not something I thought Sakurai would do, since puppet characters are one of the most complicated and hard to learn character archetypes in all of fighting games.
I can't say that Rosalina herself came out of left field, but I would have called you crazy for saying she would be a puppet character a month or two back. I mean, just look at the discussion we had; we didn't even recognize a puppet character as something that could happen.
I still hold that she was way low on the list of characters that should have made it in though.

Oh wow! I just noticed that detail!

In the pic for today, I noticed what I thought was a clipping issue on toad's body. I was like "uh-oh, is that clipping? tsk tsk" but looking closer, it's actually a leaf, and there's others like to the left of Peach and within the bow of Link. There'll be some sort of leaves falling during matches. Small details like that amuse me.
Tom Nook confirmed!

Oh yeah.
Because when wii fit trainer came out you were like "that was predictable."
But oh man ROSALINA CHANGES EVERYTHING!

i think the most they could get away with now is putting Waluigi under the W banner
Please no Waluigi Sakurai.
I'll sacrifice my first born to the nintendo gods if you just don't add Waluigi.

Reactions: Smilax
Ow, biting sarcasm.

Either way, yeah. Now that we got the first brand new character there's bound to be more...
In a few months.
Jesus I wonder how long it took to make the Rosalina reveal video?
Probably a good month at the very least.

A puppet character is a weird move for smash bros. in general.
It's definitely not something I thought Sakurai would do, since puppet characters are one of the most complicated and hard to learn character archetypes in all of fighting games.
I can't say that Rosalina herself came out of left field, but I would have called you crazy for saying she would be a puppet character a month or two back. I mean, just look at the discussion we had; we didn't even recognize a puppet character as something that could happen.

Well, if you look at the trailer you can see that she is able to fight perfectly fine without the Luma. They look to have a limited amount of hit points before poofing out of existence and Rosalina can summon another one. It's just the Luma looks to have more knockback than Rosalina

Unless Sakurai wants to re-implement wavedashing, probably not.

;_;

Oh yeah.
Because when wii fit trainer came out you were like "that was predictable."
But oh man ROSALINA CHANGES EVERYTHING!
Well, to be fair Rosalina is an unexpected character from an existing, well established franchise. That's pretty different from an unexpected character from a new franchise. It shows that just because a franchise already has 4 characters doesn't mean they can't get a newcomer.
I wouldn't say it's a gamechanger (ALL of the newcomers were unexpected so far) but it does give us a bit more insight in who's eligible to be added.

Reactions: Jutsei