• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

I'm glad that Steven got the injection of emotional baggage and angst instead of the USUAL suspect.
maxresdefault.jpg

all that stuff was great but I'm just here wondering
what the FUCK was up with battle-axe holopearl
can she materialize a battleaxe normally? Why can't we get battle-axe Pearl
that'd be sick

Steven Universe is a venn diagram of gay and Pearl is the center

Pearl is like 1 Million Percent Gay.

And i Love it.

Jesus this episode was everything i hoped for. And it went the extra mile with the whole rock movie theming with the credits at the end.

Oh God yessssss.

I dunno, I didn't really like this episode.

You had Pearl's character develop so she'd stop thinking about the past with Rose and then you throw everything from Mr Greg away by making her thinking about the past with Rose?

I don't care who you ship her with, just don't fuck up character development.

The episode was out of place but it was worth it. A lot of serious shit went down in the last episode so there needs to be a balance. Who were the musicians featured in this episode?

And the moral of today's episode is: "Love your family, even if they probably voted for Donald Trump"

I was losing it this episode because Andy is clearly voiced by Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and some of the jokes felt like Adult Swim lite.
Especially the line about Illegal Aliens

tumblr_ogtbnq5Hrx1rov8uxo1_540.jpg

This is suspiciously close to loss.jpg and I hate it

Did I accidentally block someone or are you genuinely multiposting?

I too hates memes put into shows but you're kind of pushing it with the pilot guy thing.

and btw loss.jpg is one of the few quality memes out there, although dead by now

Did I accidentally block someone or are you genuinely multiposting?
Look I waited a long time for this episode that clearly should have just been 11 minutes anyway and I got ahead of myself

It's been less than 2 hours where previews of episodes (HIGHLY spoilery previews too btw) for the next bomb have shown up on the CN app and already every single episode for the bomb has been leaked in 480p

The episodes will still exist three weeks later. And in glorious 1080p with matching audio quality.

In the meantime, we can reflect on the show. Like what Opal would be like if she got more screentime. How overrated "The Answer" is. Why exactly Steven hasn't started his awkward teenager phase.

Oh and hi. I'm going to address a couple things said earlier now.

I get the impression that pink diamond is actually Lion. The picture on the moon base has pink diamond with hair looking similar to Lion's and she appears to be jumping from / into a portal.

I am absolutely certain that Lion is not Pink Diamond.
My first argument for this? Bismuth. Bismuth was hidden away before the end of the war, and we have to assume she's always been bubbled in Lion's realm. Where else would Rose have hid her? Surely not the temple. Pearl knew the arsenal. Was there any place on Earth secret enough from them? The pocket realm is intrinsically connected to Lion, too, it's a "grassland" made of his mane. I guess it's a MANELAND, haha! It completely lacks air (...or at least Earth's breathable air, but Bismuth isn't the only gem to speak verbally in a vacuum) but certainly doesn't seem to be in outer space.

Second, Rose had seven lions. Buddy didn't bother to note any color in his journal, so we have to assume that either all of these lions are pink and he just didn't remark it (if each one is a whole gem, they shouldn't feasibly be seven pink gems), or Lion was not with them and the others were all normal. But Pearl didn't know Rose kept lions. Why would Rose hide the existence of mundane or mostly-mundane (she has powers with organic life) lions from her? I seriously doubt they're shards of Pink Diamond either; that would mean Diamond shards have enough sense of identity to form bodies instead of parts, but lack so much of their identity that Rose could convince them to become Lion.

Third, where did the gem go? Pink Diamond's gem seemed right below where a human belly button would be (it IS notably similar to Rose's gem placement). We've seen Lion roll onto his back. Even if it changed location and was hidden behind his mane, would it evade detection from Steven's petting?

I dunno, I didn't really like this episode.

You had Pearl's character develop so she'd stop thinking about the past with Rose and then you throw everything from Mr Greg away by making her thinking about the past with Rose?

I don't care who you ship her with, just don't fuck up character development.

You thought Pearl was over Rose? "It's over, isn't it?" is a song about how she's struggling so hard to give it up. The thing Steven resolves in the episode is that Pearl accepts an olive branch from Greg and says that he was never what she really had a problem with. And that episode was actually surprisingly recent, it was in Season 3 (I could've sworn it was Season 2 until I went and checked).

Plus, this seems like a great opportunity for more Pearl development. Maybe she'll actually take advice from Amethyst! ...This can only end badly. >_> But hey, trying something that ends badly can be important.

Just gonna say it now... they could've just started the bomb yesterday.

So I just saw all the leaked episodes.

I an't even spoiler tagging this shit, son.

Its that satisfying

@Jutsei please be strong, you wont regret it I promise.

Reactions: erkicman
You know people wouldn't probably give up immediately on not watching the episodes if SU didn't have the most atrocious, unbelievable, annoying, godawful scheduling I've ever seen for a show

i'm honestly amazed that SU is still even on television at this point
surprised they don't just put all of the new stuff online like how it was with Korra

You know people wouldn't probably give up immediately on not watching the episodes if SU didn't have the most atrocious, unbelievable, annoying, godawful scheduling I've ever seen for a show
Miraculous on Nick had it way worse. They only showed new episodes on SUNDAY(!) Morning, and even then, they proceeded to delay episodes over 13 episodes for a good 3-5 months despite them being in English Dub already and readily available on less legal websites. Thankfully, Miraculous was rescued from this Hell by Netflix

But yeah some of these early uploads are so fucking stupid

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
So kisscartoon has the leaks in their usual quality, definitely better than 480p.

SCREW THIS I'M WATCHING THEM ALL!

And maybe I'll buy some of the digital volumes on the Google Play Store to support the show (wish I could get DVDs but man are they stupid about those).

Last edited:
Welp, Bombs over now. Unfurl the spoilers man, cause holy balls.

Holly Blue is my favorite arc antagonist
she's like a mean principal for all those rowdy amethysts and jaspers

Wait, isn't there one more day on it? Anyway.

There was a Redeye outside the space station. WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEAN!

Also WHY DIDN'T THEY TAKE PERIDOT TO USE THE SHIP?!

Holly Blue is my favorite arc antagonist
she's like a mean principal for all those rowdy amethysts and jaspers
And Carnelian

I think that's exactly what they were going for. :P

I hope those teenagers are secretly trying to do dual-type fusion after seeing Garnet. Scandalous~

I've put too much thought about how Amethysts would act in war. If Quartzes were all great artists, Amethysts would be the best graffiti artists. They're often looked down upon, and not without reason, but have real skill and passion. Given just the right nudges to make sure they channel their energy in constructive ways, they would show both camaraderie and competition with other Amethysts, seeing who can pull off the most impressive feats and working together to reach new heights. Amethysts are probably deployed in groups of themselves, largely independent of other forces. They're best used as ambushers with time to set up their masterpieces, but are also good as shock commandos. Someone needs to introduce the Amethysts to action movies, it will only improve their one-liners.

The Earth Amethysts are just being wasted as part of the legacy facility.

I saw the episodes a while ago when they got leaked and im glad everyone gets to enjoy them now

deffs either my favorite or second favorite steven bomb, i adored it.

This was like the only way they could get hype for a Renaldo Episode, I don't personally mind Renaldo, I find him quite funny, I dont know when Conspiracy Theorist as a trope stopped being funny allegedly.
Though yeah that was cheap marketing.
I found the commentary on the fandom and nice guys pretty funny though, but then again I'm a seal, make fun of shitty parts of any fandom and I'm sure to laugh and clap

I dont know when Conspiracy Theorist as a trope stopped being funny allegedly.
Tropes don't make things funny.

I also have never had the patience for that type. I don't expect to spend much time on this episode.
I found the commentary on the fandom and nice guys pretty funny though, but then again I'm a seal, make fun of shitty parts of any fandom and I'm sure to laugh and clap
Erk... god, they really did that? I thought the writers were better than that...

Wait, I forgot that last week's episode hit us over the head with a Peanuts reference.

Subtlety is a thing that is occasionally lacking in the show... but not too often.

Anyway, I skimmed through the new episode. It did have a great line at the end.
"The only times gems call me [Rose] is when they're about to kidnap me or beat me up."

the one with wings is obviously the metamorphed form of centipeetle. that's the only way that line can make sense to me