• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The thread where I complain about Filia's bs

Basically, Filia is as good as Painwheel and Valentine are in close but without the ability to play neutral. News at 11.

filia has better mixup, better defense and assists.
Her neutral is fine...

her neutral is fine when she has hornet bomber or lnl playing the neutral game for her yes

Hornet Bomber makes everything work.

Filias neutral is perfectly fine. If you dont think so play her 1v1 versus any character. She can handle her stuff. As far as assists playing the neutral for her... Thats EVERY character that has an assist besides maybe peacock.

Also, filia having a horrendously strong neutral game mixup of iad j.hp, or iad j.mp which are completely different to pushblock but both evade low attacks, is very very good.

Her neutral isnt the GREATEST... But that can be said of many characters not peacock or val

I disrespectfully disagree
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Is saying something like "all you need is [insert move ere]" really all that great of a response? It is borderline like complaining that MF beats Parasoul only to be told that you should play a different character.

If dp assist (or other) is required to play this game, then why even give us a choice? Put it right there in the tutorial, "Newer players should start solo but eventually move to a team with an invuln assist to be competitive".

her neutral is fine when she has hornet bomber or lnl playing the neutral game for her yes

If you posted this exact sentence in any character section, it would still be accurate.

except maybe bigband

@Broken Loose

What is PWs option for punishing a fullscreen argus? I'm not saying there isn't one, but I can't think of one off hand.

Superjump fly after the first beam?

nvm guys, filia is low tier

Reactions: Dagwood
Now now, don't let bad play determine whether a character is good or bad. =(

As far as the bs up-close, there's a reason she looks so similar to Milia...

@Broken Loose

What is PWs option for punishing a fullscreen argus? I'm not saying there isn't one, but I can't think of one off hand.

Block beam, super jump Flight, fly forward and punish.

She's not cheap enough, a poor man's Magneto.

As far as the bs up-close, there's a reason she looks so similar to Milia...

Yeah, and Milia is top tier.

Reactions: View619
Block beam, super jump Flight, fly forward and punish.

Yep, with the slight disclaimer that it only works against ground blocked argus (if painwheel blocks it in the air she cant punish) at near fullscreen distance. At midrange distance the argus will make contact with pw before she is high enough to clear argus.

OR the timing is super strict... But the timing on super jumping argus even at full screen isnt... "Easy"

If you posted this exact sentence in any character section, it would still be accurate.

Compare filia to parasoul, double, fortune, valentine at neutral when they're solo. Filia's is mediocre and without those assists she's not hitting anyone without putting much more effort than her opponent. Or just being plain better.

Can we have a topic about Painwheel next?

when painwheel becomes braindead tier then yes.

in fact we should have a thread for every character.

I play Fillia and even I think she needs to be nerfed.

Maybe make the mix ups a little bit more reactable? Her neutral game is fun but I'm not sure if that's the problem. She can work her way in, but the problem is that she basically has guaranteed damage once she does get in. IMO.

Reactions: blufang
Guys, please stay on topic and complain about filia. Or I guess listen to me complain about her?

I figured this would be a thread where players discuss different ways of effectively handling Filia. Is it just a rant thread?

I just don't find the argument that her neutral is so shitty all that compelling.

It is certainly a weaker portion of her game, but she excels in just about every other part of the game. Top tier assist, check. Top tier pressure, check. Top tier mobility, check. Top tier reset options, check. And so on.

Reactions: DDB
See this shit? This shit right here? If you can block this stuff, you're a god.

Or a dummy for not taking the guaranteed pushblock after you block the first one...

Last edited:
The only thing good about Fillia at neutral is her movement. Most of the time she's just waiting for a hole in your defense.

I figured this would be a thread where players discuss different ways of effectively handling Filia. Is it just a rant thread?
Title said:
The thread where I complain about Filia's bs

That being said, there's still been discussion of ways to handle her stuff, the most effective method of handling it is "don't let it happen" but that's not really a sustainable option. Other bits and pieces include "just PBGC it's easy" followed by "no it's not and nor is it safe by any means".

The thing I don't get about filia is why all of her mp's have slower startups than her hp's

That being said, there's still been discussion of ways to handle her stuff, the most effective method of handling it is "don't let it happen" but that's not really a sustainable option. Other bits and pieces include "just PBGC it's easy" followed by "no it's not and nor is it safe by any means".

You don't even have to PBGC just mash super and you will be fine thanks to hit stop mashing solves all of your problems.

Finals yesterday was Parsoul/Filia/Double vs Cerebella/Filia/Double

Duckator is considered this game's best player and his team is Valentine/Filia/Double

Not saying anything needs to be nerfed or changed, but it is real obvious who the two strongest characters are.

Reactions: Muro
Or an dummy for not taking the guaranteed pushblock after you block the first one...

The point was that it's an instant overhead crossup, you can't react to it unless you're a god. I'm not saying filia would actually do 3 in a row in your face in a match.

Finals yesterday was Parsoul/Filia/Double vs Cerebella/Filia/Double

Duckator is considered this game's best player and his team is Valentine/Filia/Double

Not saying anything needs to be nerfed or changed, but it is real obvious who the two strongest characters in the game are.
Fortune and Fortune's head?

No one needs to be changed at all. Let the game rock for a while please.
I'm tired of constant changes.

All the more time to find bs to complain about.

Reactions: Dime
The point was that it's an instant overhead crossup, you can't react to it unless you're a god. I'm not saying filia would actually do 3 in a row in your face in a match.

IAD j.HK is minimum 25f startup, which isn't really that fast compared to other overheads in the game.

That said, its pretty much impossible to tell if its going to crossup or not, so even if you react... you still gotta guess left/right

IAD j.HK is minimum 25f startup, which isn't really that fast compared to other overheads in the game.

That said, its pretty much impossible to tell if its going to crossup or not, so even if you react... you still gotta guess left/right

it's not IAD in that video...