• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The thread where I complain about Filia's bs

Fortune and Fortune's head?

Those were very recently nerfed.

"don't let it happen" but that's not really a sustainable option. .

Why not? Peacock is arguably better at full-screen range than up close. One way to deal with peacock is "don't let her get full screen away from you." Don't let X happen is very often a solution.

Finals yesterday was Parsoul/Filia/Double vs Cerebella/Filia/Double

Which tournament was this?

Socal regionals. Severin vs otherdude

You got toods team wrong then
it was Parasoul/Filia/Double vs Valentine/Filia/Cerebella

Finals yesterday was Parsoul/Filia/Double vs Cerebella/Filia/Double

Duckator is considered this game's best player and his team is Valentine/Filia/Double

Not saying anything needs to be nerfed or changed, but it is real obvious who the two strongest characters are.

Fair enough. However, who did TOOD snap in when he had a choice? Was it Filia? No, it was Double. The games weren't a case of "whoever kills Filia first wins."

Fair enough. However, who did TOOD snap in when he had a choice? Was it Filia? No, it was Double. The games weren't a case of "whoever kills Filia first wins."

And then... In the last game he was snapping in filia cause he realized that updo was the better assist to snap in (plus filia having slightly worse neutral may have also had something to do with it) though to be honest its probably really unwise to snap in either filia or double in that shell on a 3 man team cause youve hardly gotten rid of a good assist. Snap in updo and you still have bomber to deal with, snap in bomber and you still have updo to deal with...

Not saying anything needs to be nerfed or changed, but it is real obvious who the two strongest characters are.
Grand Finals at EVO were Parasoul/Filia/Double vs Valentine/Filia/Double
Third Place at EVO was Bella/Peacock/Filia

Fortune was the strongest character in SDE

How does your great argument hold up

A Fortune Player said:
I hate every single one of you.

k9k7o55.jpg

Real talk, I do think Fortune's stuff is a little harder to PBGC because the ending of her pushblock animation is a little less visually obvious than other characters.

I can PBGC shoryus all day with Filia or Double, but for some reason I have to time Fiber independently of what I'm seeing and "feel" it.

Last edited:
You got toods team wrong then
it was Parasoul/Filia/Double vs Valentine/Filia/Cerebella

Sorry man, you're right.

Grand Finals at EVO were Parasoul/Filia/Double vs Valentine/Filia/Double
Third Place at EVO was Bella/Peacock/Filia

Fortune was the strongest character in SDE

How does your great argument hold up

Pretty well. Filia and Double dominate in tournaments, and it's a team game. If without assists 1 on 1, Fortune is the most powerful...but few people play solo. Double and Filia give you the 2 best assists in the game (hornet bomber and updo) plus are great at capatilizing on hits by assists. Cat heads is the best super in the game bar none, and Filia may be the most mobile character (along with Valentine).

Here is the top 8 for EVO 2013

1. Duckator (Val/Filia/Double)
2. Severin (Para/Filia/Double)
3. chilldog (Bella/Pea/Filia, Pea/Filia/Bella)*
4. KhaosMuffins (Fortune)
5. Inuchiyo5131 (Fortune/Filia)
5. TJGamer22 (Bella/Pea, Pea/Bella)
7. Keninblack (Parasoul/Double)
7. Winnie (Filia/Double)

So 3 out of 8 teams had both Filia and Double on them. 37.5%

6 out of 8 teams had either Filia or Double on them. 75%

5 out of 8 teams had Filia on them. 62.5%

4 out of 8 teams had Double on them. 50%

The numbers are very convincing that Filia and Double are the most dominant characters in the game.

Can't understanding people saying Fillia don't got a good neutral. She has a ton of options for getting in and stuffing peoples stuff. She's insanely fast too, and she even has a few random psyche out things to throw out for creativities sake.

EVO 2013

SDE, SQE, MDE, SGE, upcoming BBE.

A lot's happened since then, and will undoubtedly happen until next time.

Those tournament results are from SDE though, a game 2 versions old.

In Ducks region he wins with Val/Filia/Double
The past 2 WC singles tournament have been Double/PW/Filia and Parasoul/Filia/Double
On the EC its been Parasoul/double, Parasoul/Bella/Double, Filia/Bella

I don't think any characters dominate the game, but we do have some dominating players. That's for sure

Filia and Double are the most played characters, but does that mean they are the best or just the easiest / most popular
Are 'statistics' taken from a sample size of 10 people worth shit at all
Are people in SG good enough for anything to mean anything?

I don't think any characters dominate the game, but we do have some dominating players. That's for sure

Evo 2014 grand finals better be Para/Bella/Double vs. Val/Fil/Double or I'm throwing chairs and writing angry articles on the internet.

Filia and Double are the most played characters, but does that mean they are the best or just the easiest / most popular
Are 'statistics' taken from a sample size of 10 people worth shit at all
Are people in SG good enough for anything to mean anything?

Probably

Thought there was 150 people in the EVO tournament? That is the top 8. The ones who succeeded. Low level or mid level play doesn't mean anything, but when you see characters that are on the majority of teams in tournaments that means something. If you look at Marvel games you'll see the same characters in the top 8 again and again, and not cause they are the easiest....cause they are the best or at least among the best. Chun and Yun dominate top 8s in 3s...Yun is not an easy character to use, and they are obviously the best.

Those tournament results are from SDE though, a game 2 versions old.

In Ducks region he wins with Val/Filia/Double
The past 2 WC singles tournament have been Double/PW/Filia and Parasoul/Filia/Double
On the EC its been Parasoul/double, Parasoul/Bella/Double, Filia/Bella

There are more tournament results. If someone archived all tournaments I'm sure Filia and Double would dominate. Not just the people that win it all like Duckator and Severin and whoever else. In general, and among top 8s, top 16s, etc. Skullgirls is a balanced game, no one is broken or anything. However Double and Filia are like Cammy and Akuma, the best characters in a balanced game.

I don't get why people complain about Fortune so much when her tournament showings aren't nearly as impressive. I guess she is like Seth or Elf or something? People don't like fighting her.

I don't get why people complain about Fortune so much when her tournament showings aren't nearly as impressive. I guess she is like Seth or Elf or something? People don't like fighting her.
Some people actually play this game and look at things other than trying to pull a tierlist from 'empirical data' based on SGs nonexistant tournaments

I play this game, poorly, but I play it. However who dominates at the highest level of play is the only thing that matters. I understand people complaining about Fortune, she is strong certainly and the head can be mega annoying. I understand people complaining about Peacock, just cause of the type of character she is. However Filia and Double somehow are never criticized, in fact there were suggestions to buff Filia. Some people want Double to have her 1 bar cat head super back, which honestly would be by far the dumbest thing in the game if it came to pass.

Though I'm all ears if you want to provide a detailed explanation why Double and Filia aren't the best? Everyone considers they have the best assists, and much of the game is dependent on assists. Everyone seems in agreement that Double is the best anchor in the game as well.

Last edited:
Fortune/Filia/Double is Da Bess

Double isn't very amazing on point. She's Doom tier in that she's got fantastic assists and DHCs that add utility to nearly any team-- LK Bomber is a semi-invincible lockdown, MK Bomber is a semi-invincible lockdown + zoning tool, catheads is a safe DHC, nighmare legion is a huge damage DHC, and so on. Her point options are limited but strong-- she has great hitboxes but mostly gets low/throw mixups and flesh step crossups that require you to already be in to be effective.

Filia's neutral is weak due to a combination of weak hitboxes, unsafe moves, the worst zoning in the game, linear approaches, terrible range, and an overreliance on meter for basic options (throwing, mostly). Once she gets in can do lots of mixups (provided she has the meter to fuel them), but this is no different from any other character in the game. SDE Filia was fundamentally different (notably, Launch Filia was considered terrible) because of unlimited airball cancels and ToDs for everybody off of basically everything. Now that airball and Fenrir have had their damage reduced to a fraction of what they were, Filia has the unique property of being the one character in the game who has to reset to do damage, rather than simply being given the option.

A great deal of Filiaphobia is due to people singling out Updo assist despite it being the worst of its kind, players being kept honest by Gregor (which has only a token pre-active invuln, no hitstop, and an abysmal hitbox that loses to nearly any other move), and the fact that they just don't play the character and thus don't know how to keep her in the helpless zone which is everywhere but point blank range. It's the polar opposite of the Complainwheel phenomenon (where an already fantastic character gets continually buffed because her players haven't stopped bitching since day 1).

Reactions: pash1k
Yea exactly, Filia/Double is the Doom/Vergil of this game.

Yea exactly, Filia/Double is the Doom/Vergil of this game.
Filia being Vergil is actually a fantastic comparison (save for Vergil having insanely good hitboxes contrasted against Filia's shitboxes), because Vergil isn't nearly as much of a problem as XF3 Vergil is (most importantly that XF2/3 makes his shit no longer as ridiculously unsafe). Fortunately for Vergil, he has access to basic MvC3 tools like teleport + assist, beams and beam assists, flight, TAC infinites, and unscaled level 3's. If Filia could combo off of throw meterless, got SDE airball back, and got back Fenrir's old damage, she'd be top of the game for sure.

LMFAO if you thought that Fortune Bomber wasn't the best thing in the game. :P

LMFAO if you thought that Fortune Bomber wasn't the best thing in the game. :P

Wait until you see Fortune+Giant Step

Can't stay on the ground Giant Step hits you, can't Up+back Get nomed

Hell yeah I think that. Solo Fortune does 1 of like 400 reversals and I die.
Got them extra chancesss when she's on a team

Reactions: WarpedEcho
Give them one more chance to get away from Bomber and nom.

Good luck

back on topic though don't play Filia, play Parasoul or Fortune both of them are just Filia with a better neutral game and less IADs

Wait until you see Fortune+Giant Step

Can't stay on the ground Giant Step hits you, can't Up+back Get nomed
And Giant Step launches your head for a combo, too. Shit is bonkers.

1. Never said non solo fortune sucks, she's pretty awesome on teams. However you don't see her on a ton of teams. If she was unequivacolly this god tier character that is undisputed best, she would be all over the place.

2. How is Updo the worst of its kind? (Anti air assist) Squigly's DP assist is infinitely worse. Updo was already discussed in the tier thread as being the best over Napalm Pillar and Fiber Upper assists.

3. No one has Filiaphobia, they have Fortunephobia. Also Filia is already tops, giving her buffs would make her broken. Buffs should be given to characters who struggle in high level play, not ones that excel. Also even with all of these Painwheel buffs, I never hear anyone (including non painwheel players) who consider her one of the best characters.

Last edited:
How is Updo the worst of its kind? (Anti air assist) Squigly's DP assist is way worse. Updo was already discussed in the tier thread as being the best over Napalm Pillar and Fiber Upper assists.

done with you and everyone who thinks Updo is better than Pillar.

Never said non solo fortune sucks, she's pretty awesome on teams. However you don't see her on a ton of teams. If she was unequivacolly this god tier character that is undisputed best, she would be all over the place.

How is Updo the worst of its kind? (Anti air assist) Squigly's DP assist is way worse. Updo was already discussed in the tier thread as being the best over Napalm Pillar and Fiber Upper assists.
I only exclude Draugen because it's such a weird corner case, but don't misunderstand me. I think Draugen is a terrible assist until Mike inevitably patches it to have true invulnerable startup.

Updo is the worst because it's the least safe, the least cancellable, and the least stationary (Pillar and Fiber leave the assist standing in place, making it easier to cover them) out of the 3 common AAA's. It used to be way more cancellable, but Mike nerfed it so the window's pretty small. also lol at PS3 SGE Fiber upper having no period where you can't cancel into super

On paper i think fortune/parasoul (shot or pillar)/double is the best team.

Parasoul is arguably better with bomber than filia is, and parasoul has a safe on block dhc.

Plus parasoul gives head off fortune a projectile assist for those zoning heavy matchups, or a pillar for the offensive ones.

Its arguable which team is best, but the parasoul one seems more well rounded while losing a slight bit in straight up offensive power.

Also, with the new undizzy carrying over to coming in characters, it makes secondary characters that dont have the best come in games, stronger since high undizzy keeps them from being killed in one or even 2 resets in many cases.

And to be on topic... Fuck filia, hahahahahaha, feels good.

What the crack does "The least cancellable" refer to when talking about Updo Assist
It refers to (A) the supercancellable period of the move, notably if you try to alpha counter into it and attempt to make it safe. This is one bit that got nerfed in MDE, as you have a smaller window in which to cancel into Gregor (unrelated, Gregor is also way less safe).
It also refers to (B) Fiber Upper's ability to do so without meter.

It used to be way more cancellable, but Mike nerfed it so the window's pretty small. also lol at PS3 SGE Fiber upper having no period where you can't cancel into super

He changed Fiber. It has some time where it can't be super cancelled.

@blufang

I was on about this for a while. People just throw up the small cast size. I think it gets even more telling when you break it down by assist (namely invuln) since there are tons of assist options per character (at least in theory).

That said, I think the reason you see Filia so much is because she is solidly rounded. What she lacks (neutral) is comparable or better than the other characters with shitty neutrals and what she has outside of that is top tier. Put her as second or third on the team and voila... weakness covered (shitty neutral means nothing to DHC gregor) and strengths emphasized (namely assist).

Though I would challenge you that Double isn't necessarily the best (at least not in terms of OP or broken), she just fills out a team nicely.

Reactions: blufang